@vijik: Yet another feature request to consider -- please add a ClearField macro (similar to the "Clear Field" menu item already embedded in the OS). The intent is to guarantee that a field is empty before auto-entering text into the field (sometimes is is unpredictable as to whether fields are pre-filled by the Browser or app).
    08-09-11 09:36 AM
    @vijik: Yet another feature request to consider -- please add a ClearField macro (similar to the "Clear Field" menu item already embedded in the OS). The intent is to guarantee that a field is empty before auto-entering text into the field (sometimes is is unpredictable as to whether fields are pre-filled by the Browser or app).
    I don't think that Clear Field is available directly from APIs, so it can't be a macro doing that.

Have you tried running following macros on a field?
    NavMoveUp;BlockStart;NavMoveDown;DELKey;
    08-09-11 05:28 PM
    I just got a new version of ShortcutMe 5.5.2.0 to stop by multiple clicking one of the media keys.

Unfortunately the main part, the part that listens to media keys, could not be added of ShortcutMe itself, but it will come as a new program that allows you to assign 4 functions to each of the media keys (one of the functions being StopMacro on ShortcutMe).
    08-09-11 05:31 PM
    I don't think that Clear Field is available directly from APIs, so it can't be a macro doing that.

Have you tried running following macros on a field?
    NavMoveUp;BlockStart;NavMoveDown;DELKey;
    What do you suggest that I use for parameters for NavMoveUp/Down macro calls?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

08-09-11 06:33 PM
    What do you suggest that I use for parameters for NavMoveUp/Down macro calls?
    Assuming it is a one line field, 'NavMoveUp 1' should take the cursor to the beginning of the line. (Then a 'BlockStart;NavMoveDown 1;' should highlight the entire line).

Last edited by Vijik; 08-09-11 at 09:52 PM.
    08-09-11 06:54 PM
    5.5.2.0 is on the beta link ready to be downloaded.

Changes in 5.5.2.0 comparing to 5.5.1.0 (and 5.5.0.4):

- Scheduled launching refreshes the timings every time a shortcut is launched by scheduled launch (hopefully this will address the issues reported about scheduled launching works only once instead of repeating every day).

- "StopMacro ready" (As soon as the other app for Media Keys is released, macros in 5.5.2.0 can be interrupted/stopped by single (or multiple clicking a media key).

Please upgrade and report if you see any bugs.
    08-09-11 09:57 PM
    5.5.2.0 is on the beta link ready to be downloaded.

Changes in 5.5.2.0 comparing to 5.5.1.0 (and 5.5.0.4):

- Scheduled launching refreshes the timings every time a shortcut is launched by scheduled launch (hopefully this will address the issues reported about scheduled launching works only once instead of repeating every day).

- "StopMacro ready" (As soon as the other app for Media Keys is released, macros in 5.5.2.0 can be interrupted/stopped by single (or multiple clicking a media key).

Please upgrade and report if you see any bugs.
    This version breaks one of my current macros to launch Skype mobile 40 minutes after device boot:

If1 !IsAppRunning Skype mobile; Then1;
    While0 IdleSeconds<15; Do0;
    Vibrate 50; Delay100; Vibrate 50;
    Delay5000;
    EndWhile0;
    Launch Skype mobile; Delay5000;
    Launch Home Screen;
    Else1;
    Vibrate 50; Delay100;
    Vibrate 50; Delay100;
    Vibrate 50;
    EndIf1;

I can feel the vibrations indicating that the macro is attempting to fire every so often (possibly every 30 minutes?), but Skype no longer launches.

(Additonal info: The macro appears the launch Skype mobile without issue if I launch it directly from the SCM GUI. The issue appears to be with the auto-run at 40 minutes post-device boot.)

Last edited by visortgw; 08-10-11 at 04:09 PM.
    08-10-11 02:04 PM
    VisorTGW, I will get back to you on this after checking the source code.
    08-10-11 11:20 PM
    Macro commands are now listed in the following CB thread. Let me know (in that thread) if I have missed something or if you would want to add some other info in addition to what is presented there.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...tcutme-637024/
    08-10-11 11:22 PM
    how do i get password auto fill like any option to add menu item in system menu so that we can select and the password field is filled with password (sorry for my english) thanks
    08-11-11 09:11 PM
    Macro commands are now listed in the following CB thread. Let me know (in that thread) if I have missed something or if you would want to add some other info in addition to what is presented there.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...tcutme-637024/
    Excellent -- much appreciated!

08-11-11 09:32 PM
    This version breaks one of my current macros to launch Skype mobile 40 minutes after device boot:
    I made a new version, 5.5.3.0

Please upgrade and see if this issue is solved or not.

Thanks.
    08-13-11 06:13 AM
    I made a new version, 5.5.3.0

Please upgrade and see if this issue is solved or not.

Thanks.
    Unfortunately, this does not fix the issue. The macros scheduled to run n minutes after boot still repeat every n minutes after boot.

08-13-11 01:30 PM
    I'm stuck in putting together a particular macro/shortcut. This should be dead simple. I'm running SCM 5.5.1.0 on a BB9700 with OS 5.0.0.1014.

I want to automatically set particular profiles at certain times of the day: "normal" in the morning, and "vibrate" at night. Since my BB might be locked this macro/shortcut needs to check if the phone is locked (and unlock it with the right password), and then set the profile.

I set up a cascaded shortcut (seemed the best way to do this). For the "vibrate" shortcut, the cascaded shortcut has the parameter:
    UL; PQ
    where UL unlocks the phone and PQ sets the profile to vibrate.

UL is defined as:
    app name: macro
    If0 IsLocked; Then0; Unlock; Delay500; PasswordKeyxyz; NavClick; EndIf0;

PQ is defined as:
    app name: profile_selector
    parameter: 3
    where 3 is the position of vibrate in my profile list.

PQ runs properly when I use it by itself, but it is the combination of UL and PQ as a cascaded shortcut that is not working. For one thing, the unlock macro is not working properly ...the unlock text filed comes up but the password is not put into it. I can probably figure that one out by poking around some more, but the one that has me stumped is that no matter what the parameter for the profile_selector is, when I use the profile_selector in any cascaded shortcut it always goes to the "loud" profile, the second entry in the profile list.

What am I doing wrong? Any pointers gratefully accepted
    08-15-11 01:07 PM
    I'm stuck in putting together a particular macro/shortcut. This should be dead simple. I'm running SCM 5.5.1.0 on a BB9700 with OS 5.0.0.1014.

I want to automatically set particular profiles at certain times of the day: "normal" in the morning, and "vibrate" at night. Since my BB might be locked this macro/shortcut needs to check if the phone is locked (and unlock it with the right password), and then set the profile.

I set up a cascaded shortcut (seemed the best way to do this). For the "vibrate" shortcut, the cascaded shortcut has the parameter:
    UL; PQ
    where UL unlocks the phone and PQ sets the profile to vibrate.

UL is defined as:
    app name: macro
    If0 IsLocked; Then0; Unlock; Delay500; PasswordKeyxyz; NavClick; EndIf0;

PQ is defined as:
    app name: profile_selector
    parameter: 3
    where 3 is the position of vibrate in my profile list.

PQ runs properly when I use it by itself, but it is the combination of UL and PQ as a cascaded shortcut that is not working. For one thing, the unlock macro is not working properly ...the unlock text filed comes up but the password is not put into it. I can probably figure that one out by poking around some more, but the one that has me stumped is that no matter what the parameter for the profile_selector is, when I use the profile_selector in any cascaded shortcut it always goes to the "loud" profile, the second entry in the profile list.

What am I doing wrong? Any pointers gratefully accepted
    ------- macro for profile changing, one for vibrate, one for normal --------

Display name: profile to normal
    App name: Macro
    Shortcut keys: PN
    Macros:

launch profiles;delay100;
    keyn;
    enterkey;

Display name: profile to vibrate
    Shortcut keys: PQ
    Macros:
    keyv;
    enterkey;

------- macro for unlocking ----------

Display name: unlockme
    Shortcut keys: UL
    Macros:
    if0 islocked;
    then0;
    vibrate1;delay20;
    /*optional*/
    unlock;delay300;
    keyPASSWORD;
    enterkey;
    endif0;

--------- macro combinations, one scheduled at morning, one at night ----------

Display name: morning profile
    Shortcut keys: PAM
    Macros:
    importmacro UL;delay800;
    importmacro PN;

Display name: night profile
    Shortcut keys: PPM
    Macros:
    importmacro UL;delay800;
    importmacro PQ;

Then schedule launch PAM at 6:00 AM (for example) everyday and PPM at 9:00 PM (for example) everyday.
    Shortcut keys and display names and can be whatever you want.

Now, at this setting, vijik, is it possible to:
    -have a macro called gettime that returns the current time of the device? in whole numbers 559 for 5:59AM, 1200 for 12:00 PM, 1830 for 6:30PM.
    -have logical operators and &&", or " || " so that, if gettime>1759&&gettime<559;DOTHAT, just in case the phone happens to be turned off or the macro execution did not happen at the specified time, you still get the result for the wanted timeframe.

It would eliminate a second combination of macro since there would be a comparison for time and then depending on the time it runs either PQ or PN.
    Last edited by gbsn; 08-15-11 at 10:52 PM.
    Vijik and jbeek like this.
    08-15-11 10:34 PM
    Vijik, is there a version that supports OS7?
    08-16-11 08:54 AM
    Vijik, is there a version that supports OS7?
    See (and discuss this and feature request on) the thread below:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9930-a-639014/
    08-16-11 10:40 AM
    -have a macro called gettime that returns the current time of the device? in whole numbers 559 for 5:59AM, 1200 for 12:00 PM, 1830 for 6:30PM.
    -have logical operators and &&", or " || " so that, if gettime>1759&&gettime<559;DOTHAT, just in case the phone happens to be turned off or the macro execution did not happen at the specified time, you still get the result for the wanted timeframe.

Good idea. I will add a macro for that as soon as I get time (currently I am very busy on porting SCM for Bold 99xx).
    08-16-11 10:44 AM
    ------- macro for profile changing, one for vibrate, one for normal --------

Display name: profile to normal
    Shortcut keys: PN
    Macros:

keyn;
    enterkey;

Display name: profile to vibrate
    Shortcut keys: PQ
    Macros:
    keyv;
    enterkey;

------- macro for unlocking ----------

Display name: unlockme
    Shortcut keys: UL
    Macros:
    if0 islocked;
    then0;
    vibrate1;delay20;
    /*optional*/
    unlock;delay300;
    keyPASSWORD;
    enterkey;
    endif0;

--------- macro combinations, one scheduled at morning, one at night ----------

Display name: morning profile
    Shortcut keys: PAM
    Macros:
    importmacro UL;delay800;
    importmacro PN;

Display name: night profile
    Shortcut keys: PPM
    Macros:
    importmacro UL;delay800;
    importmacro PQ;

Then schedule launch PAM at 6:00 AM (for example) everyday and PPM at 9:00 PM (for example) everyday.
    Shortcut keys and display names and can be whatever you want.

It would eliminate a second combination of macro since there would be a comparison for time and then depending on the time it runs either PQ or PN.
    gbsn,
    thanks for taking the time to help me out! After I posted I played around with it some more and also found that launching "profiles" was better than using the "profile_selector" function ... no idea why.

I see that you're using just the "key" macro to enter the password, not the "passwordkey" macro (which doesn't work) ... what is the passwordkey macro used for, if not this?

I agree on the "gettime" macro idea; it could be very useful.

Thanks again.
    08-16-11 12:11 PM
    gbsn,
    thanks for taking the time to help me out! After I posted I played around with it some more and also found that launching "profiles" was better than using the "profile_selector" function ... no idea why.

I see that you're using just the "key" macro to enter the password, not the "passwordkey" macro (which doesn't work) ... what is the passwordkey macro used for, if not this?

I agree on the "gettime" macro idea; it could be very useful.

Thanks again.
    Passwordkey is for keying encrypted passwords and the prefix needed for a password to be encrypted.

When you go to the macro editor screen and you press the menukey, there is an entry called "encrypt passwords", anything that has passwordkey before it, will be encrypted (ex: passwordkeyABC, the ABC will be encrypted), and then the very same passwordkey will key the encrypted password. Its for security purposes, and its not a requirement when keying passwords.

There is something i noticed in the latest beta version, why is the key macro so slow when keying? i just noticed it testing it within the memopad and also using it with safewallet, its slooower than what it was before. Is it on my side only?
    Last edited by gbsn; 08-16-11 at 06:33 PM.
    08-16-11 06:28 PM
    gbsn, do you have InjectDelay anywhere in your macro (including imported macros)?

08-17-11 06:55 AM
    Passwordkey is for keying encrypted passwords and the prefix needed for a password to be encrypted.

When you go to the macro editor screen and you press the menukey, there is an entry called "encrypt passwords", anything that has passwordkey before it, will be encrypted (ex: passwordkeyABC, the ABC will be encrypted), and then the very same passwordkey will key the encrypted password. Its for security purposes, and its not a requirement when keying passwords.

There is something i noticed in the latest beta version, why is the key macro so slow when keying? i just noticed it testing it within the memopad and also using it with safewallet, its slooower than what it was before. Is it on my side only?
    Thanks, now I get it.
    08-17-11 07:55 AM
    gbsn, do you have InjectDelay anywhere in your macro (including imported macros)?

No inject delay, it was just a test macro with key. But, I restarted the phone and its now back to normal, blackberry phones and their random performance issues lol.

08-17-11 02:50 PM
    No inject delay, it was just a test macro with key. But, I restarted the phone and its now back to normal, blackberry phones and their random performance issues lol.

Good to know.
    Thanks.
    08-18-11 07:59 AM
    ShortcutMe 5.5.4.0 is released for all BB models running on BB OS 6, 5 and 4 (4.3+).
    08-18-11 08:00 AM
1,385 ... 2324252627 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD