Vijik, is it a possibility to include a delkey macro in the future? There are some apps and menus that take advantage of key shortcuts and delkey can be useful in some cases. Its like the only key without a macro :[
    Before seeing your post I was sure I had covered this one, but after checking it on my BB, I saw that BackSpaceKey has a macro but not Delete Key.

Consider it done!
    06-29-11 04:26 PM
    I was replying to jaji, from what I understand he is trying to use the passwordkey to have it move automatically to the password field. I know that for websites you need a pixel value, which is usually high. But, for applications that are menu based, navmove macro moves the cursor from field to field, which is what the wells fargo app is, its just a menu, so he needs to use either menuitemfrom or navmove macros to jump to the next field.

If it were a webworks app or a java app that has a cursor (cursor based), then he would need to use pixel values to get to the next field. But wells fargo is a simple menu.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks for your insight, it is appreciated. Thing is though, like visortgw said, I am using an app. I will try to experiment with larger numbers, as I originally thought 1 would do it. I don't know if it matters but I'm using a Storm 2 touchscreen so is there even a "scroll" to begin with? I know the controls on the keyboard of the S2 simulator is different from all the other non-touch berries. I don't know. For now my workaround works, although it does pose a bit of a security risk.
    06-29-11 04:28 PM
    Thanks for your insight, it is appreciated. Thing is though, like visortgw said, I am using an app. I will try to experiment with larger numbers, as I originally thought 1 would do it. I don't know if it matters but I'm using a Storm 2 touchscreen so is there even a "scroll" to begin with? I know the controls on the keyboard of the S2 simulator is different from all the other non-touch berries. I don't know. For now my workaround works, although it does pose a bit of a security risk.
    So, basically the storm does not have a field to field movement on menu based apps. Do you see a cursor on all the apps you use? You may probably be right, its a full blown touchscreen with no trackpad, but its still based on the blackberry OS API which is the same for almost every device running on the same version, its just a matter of checking the API to see if the key simulation is different on touchscreen only devices. I dont have a storm on hand to try this on that app :[ i used the torch and it worked nice with just a navmove, but again the torch has a trackpad.

If the navmoves with a high number dont work, then try using esckey before performing a navmove so it escapes the text field into cursor mode..
    Last edited by gbsn; 06-29-11 at 04:54 PM.
    06-29-11 04:36 PM
    gbsn, 5.5.0.2 is on the beta site.

It has the DELKey macro you requested.
    Try it and let it me if it works.
    06-29-11 05:32 PM
    So, basically the storm does not have a field to field movement on menu based apps. Do you see a cursor on all the apps you use? You may probably be right, its a full blown touchscreen with no trackpad, but its still based on the blackberry OS API which is the same for almost every device running on the same version, its just a matter of checking the API to see if the key simulation is different on touchscreen only devices. I dont have a storm on hand to try this on that app :[ i used the torch and it worked nice with just a navmove, but again the torch has a trackpad.

If the navmoves with a high number dont work, then try using esckey before performing a navmove so it escapes the text field into cursor mode..

This is what the app looks like. I'm trying to move the cursor from the 'Online Username' field to the 'Online Password' field. 'Enter' key simply submits all info in which I am told I need to enter a password. 'Esc' key closes the app.
    06-29-11 06:08 PM

Oh my, I hadn't seen the backspacekey macro before :0 guess I was looking for the wrong name, now I must apologize for wasting your time.

What's the difference between the backspacekey and delkey? Now that both are implemented.

Backspacekey macro on bbm does what the delete key on the keyboard does, you get the confirmation to close the chat. Meanwhile, delkey macro just closes the chat with no prior confirmation.

On the browser, backspacekey closes the tab when viewing the open tabs, acting as the keyboard's delete key again, while delkey doesn't close it.

I guess backspacekey is the one I was look for but didn't notice it. Now, how is delkey programmed differently from backspacekey? They seem to have some similarities but function differently.

06-29-11 06:11 PM

This is what the app looks like. I'm trying to move the cursor from the 'Online Username' field to the 'Online Password' field. 'Enter' key simply submits all info in which I am told I need to enter a password. 'Esc' key closes the app.
    The image is not loading
    06-29-11 06:13 PM
    Backspace and Delete can be found on the same key on BB keypads. Let's call it "<-\Del" Key.
    Del is accessed by holding down the Shift Key and then clicking the "<-\Del" Key.

BACKSPACEKey macro "clicks" the "<-\Del" key and if you are in text, it deletes the char before the cursor.

DelKey macro clicks the "<-\Del" key while holding down the Shift key, and if you are in text when that macro is called, it will delete the char at the cursor.

The rest is to the BB OS and the app developers to define what those two functions (of the "<-\Del" key) should do.

Important thing is that now both are accessible from SCM macros.
    06-29-11 06:20 PM
    Sorry. Here's the image. (click to enlarge)

Attachment 89358
    06-29-11 07:11 PM
    Backspace and Delete can be found on the same key on BB keypads. Let's call it "<-\Del" Key.
    Del is accessed by holding down the Shift Key and then clicking the "<-\Del" Key.

BACKSPACEKey macro "clicks" the "<-\Del" key and if you are in text, it deletes the char before the cursor.

DelKey macro clicks the "<-\Del" key while holding down the Shift key, and if you are in text when that macro is called, it will delete the char at the cursor.

The rest is to the BB OS and the app developers to define what those two functions (of the "<-\Del" key) should do.

Important thing is that now both are accessible from SCM macros.
    Ooooh cool, now thats nice. It makes sense considering that using shiftpluskeybackspacekey actually types down BACKSPACEKEY. Thanks.

Sorry. Here's the image. (click to enlarge)

Attachment 89358
    It looks like a menu to me

So basically, using esckey closes the app, using navmovedown1 doesn't do anything and enterkey submits the data for login. What does menuitemfromtop or menuitemfrombottom do? Nothing?

edit:

This is what i have, SCM wells fargo
    Last edited by gbsn; 06-29-11 at 10:11 PM.
    06-29-11 07:41 PM

how do i register in the beta program.
    06-29-11 08:33 PM
    how do i register in the beta program.
    You are already registered because you have the beta link.
    (You can just upgrade to the latest beta when you see, on this thread, that a new version is available).
    06-29-11 09:24 PM
    Jaji,
    Does the MenuItemFromTop macro works on WellFargo on your Storm?

06-30-11 10:20 AM
    Thanks guys! You helped me solve it. ESCkey;MenuItemFromTop2; did the trick. It seemed like ESC was exiting the app before but maybe not. I didn't think to use MenuItemFromTop, and instead was trying NavMove. I didn't realize this was considered a menu.

Definitely a sweet app Vijik. A must have and I continue to recommend it. Also gbsn, thanks for your help as well!

Vijik likes this.
    06-30-11 11:33 PM
    Thanks guys! You helped me solve it. ESCkey;MenuItemFromTop2; did the trick. It seemed like ESC was exiting the app before but maybe not. I didn't think to use MenuItemFromTop, and instead was trying NavMove. I didn't realize this was considered a menu.

Definitely a sweet app Vijik. A must have and I continue to recommend it. Also gbsn, thanks for your help as well!
    Good to know that your macro shortcut can now do the entire login process.

It would be nice if you could share that shortcut on this thread (replace your personal info with for example something like 'xxxxx')

To find out what is the best format for sharing a macro shortcut, look at the way it is written here (spacing before the text on each line is not that important):
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/han...ml#post6433664

If you choose to share it, I will then make a link to it from the post #2 in this thread so that those new to macro can easily find examples for macro shortcuts.
    Last edited by Vijik; 07-01-11 at 10:08 AM.
    07-01-11 09:56 AM
    Vijik, is there any way to improve the launching speed of the launch macro? Because there are apps that take a bit more time launching by the macro than through app name, which i find strange.
    07-01-11 11:14 PM
    gbsn, I will look at the source code and let you know. I assume if it is slow, it can be improved.
    I can't fix it this weekend as I am not at home, and unlike before, I don't have my laptop with me.

In the mean time:

1- Is Launch macro slow if the only macro you have in a shortcut is Launch?

2- What app do you try to launch?

07-02-11 05:30 AM
    Good to know that your macro shortcut can now do the entire login process.

It would be nice if you could share that shortcut on this thread (replace your personal info with for example something like 'xxxxx')

To find out what is the best format for sharing a macro shortcut, look at the way it is written here (spacing before the text on each line is not that important):
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/han...ml#post6433664

If you choose to share it, I will then make a link to it from the post #2 in this thread so that those new to macro can easily find examples for macro shortcuts.
    Macro for Wells Fargo mobile app login on Storm 2:

Delay3000;
    Keyusername;
    ESCkey;
    MenuItemFromTop2;
    PasswordKeypassword;
    ENTERKey;

Not as clean as the one gbsn showed on the youtube click but those macros shown there simply would not work for me :/.
    07-02-11 11:58 AM
    hi i have one more problem with launching the app of TD (Canada) it wont launch i mean nothing happens so please anyone who is from canada using td app and SCM have the same problem. please let me know thanks in advance.
    07-03-11 10:23 PM
    Got a customer support email from a SCM user.
    He tries to open Engineering Screen and can't find out how to get macros to do

ALT+SHIFT+H

Answer to question:
    Important to know that only 2 keys can be clicked in the same time. So 'ALTPlusSHIFTPlusKey' macro doesn't work even if it existed.
    This is a RIM API limitation.

To open the Engineering Screen, use this macro instead:

ALTPlusKeyescr

TomCanuck likes this.
    07-05-11 12:16 AM
    Got a customer support email from a SCM user.
    He tries to open Engineering Screen and can't find out how to get macros to do

ALT+SHIFT+H

Answer to question:
    Important to know that only 2 keys can be clicked in the same time. So 'ALTPlusSHIFTPlusKey' macro doesn't work even if it existed.
    This is a RIM API limitation.

To open the Engineering Screen, use this macro instead:

ALTPlusKeyescr

thanks! works like a charm, got it working with MyOwnIcons also. thanks for the quick fix

**edit**
    so now that i know this thread exists, i spent most of the night reading hoping to find a way to do a soft reset ( alt+ right shift + del ) without having to install yet another app. has anyone been able to accomplish this? The closest I've managed to come was generate a "602 app error" screen from using escreen to kill the ribbon app. I've thought about trying to kill other processes, but their position seems to be far less reliable.

i did also try the "reset" drop down menu option of course. tried it in ShortCutMe and MyOwnIcon. no luck there either.
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 07-05-11 at 06:48 AM. Reason: new question after failing to find answer after reading thread
    07-05-11 12:42 AM
    gbsn, I will look at the source code and let you know. I assume if it is slow, it can be improved.
    I can't fix it this weekend as I am not at home, and unlike before, I don't have my laptop with me.

In the mean time:

1- Is Launch macro slow if the only macro you have in a shortcut is Launch?

2- What app do you try to launch?

1-Its slow with other macros on the list or by itself.

2-A few examples would be berrybuzz, berryweather, browser, alarm clock (3rd party app). It happens with pretty much every app. If the app launches instantly when using app name, then it sometimes takes 1 second with the launch macro, or its not as instant as with app name (alarm clock app, browser). If the app takes a bit to launch using app name, then it takes even longer to launch using the launch macro (berrybuzz, berryweather).

A few other things I've noticed aside the launch macro slowdown:

-Altpluskey macro types the letters really slow, same with shiftpluskey. I thought my macro to launch the escreen was slow because launching the home screen was slow, but its mostly because of the altpluskey macro typing the letters way too slow. Is it a limitation of the OS when emulating keys?

-If statements need the "then" macro when being imported using the "importmacro" macro. While when using directly the "then" is not needed. So basically, if you are trying to import a macro that contains an if statement, you need such macro to also have the then statement after the if, otherwise it ignores the if altogether. I don't know if it has been pointed out before.

-Launching macros or shortcuts from shortcutme with your other app MyOwnIcons is a bit slow, and when coupled with the launch macro wait time gets longer. I don't know if its possible to speed the communication between the two apps?

And last, a naggy suggestion to implement a failsafe to cancel any macro process (after it starts) by holding the convenience key or the escape key for 2 seconds, or by pressing any of such keys three times consecutively, whatever would be easier to implement. An alternative in case the prompt macro is not being used.

07-05-11 09:05 AM
    gbsn, every time I feel happy by seeing my ToDo list getting shorter you send one of these posts (lol. Just kidding. Appreciate yours and other people's constructive feedbacks).

A- Slow Launch Macro:
    It is not the Launch macro itself, because if you add another Launch macro right after the first one you can see that the second one is fast.
    I don't have my laptop with me but I remember that it is a delay after AppName is called and before the macros start running (the delay is there to allow the app in AppName to be launched and come to foreground). I have to just make sure that there is no delay if the AppName is set to Macro.

B- Slow key injection for ALTPlusKey & ShiftPlusKey:
    I have to look at the source code and see if it can be fixed.

C- 'Then' in imported If-sentence:
    I didn't even know that you could run an IF-sentence without THEN!
    I assume it is safe to at least always have the IF,THEN,ENDIF (ELSEIF can be ignored) in an IF-sentence.
    The macro engine "compiler" has to be kept small to avoid having a large footprint. It can't therefore detect things like an IF-sentence without THEN.

D- MyOwnIcons and SCM:
    I will check and see if the total launching time can be reduced.

E- A way to interrupt macro excecution:
    Multiple clicking the conv key might not work depending on the macros being excecuted (if macros doing key injection, the second conv key click might be registered by SCM after the macro key injection, so the multiclick feature gets trapped).

Stopping the macro excecution if the conv key (assigned to SCM) is clicked once is possible (I think), but that will brake all macros that are meant to do something on ShortcutMe itself.
    (BB OS API doesn't have a way to tell an app how that app has been launched)

A while back I started to write a little app that could be used to tell SCM to stop running macros. If the second conv key was assigned to run that little app, it could do the job. However I gave up on that because new BBs only have one conv key.

07-05-11 10:06 AM
    Hahaha I randomly pop up with a bunch of stuff.

I myself have always used the "then" statement, but I created three macros without it and the import didn't work which is why I noticed that. I made them without the then as some time ago some users noticed it could run without it and you even asked us if we wanted it removed (the then), but I opposed to having it removed. I don't have a problem using then, its better for control, I pointed it out as some people may run into trouble when creating the ifs if they saw the previous posts.

Ooh, so even if the failsafe is any key or any combination of keys it wouldn't work if the macro is simulating keys?

07-05-11 10:29 AM
    - Yes, I remember the discussions about THEN.
    Good that you pointed it out in regards to ImportMacro.

- Yes.
    Assume that you click Conv Key right after the macro engine has injected 'A' as it runs 'KeyABC' macro. Now before you click the Conv Key again, the macro engine injects 'B' (if not 'B' and 'C') and ShortcutMe thinks you have entered 'B' after your first Conv Key and its therefore shuts down the multiclick feature.

07-05-11 12:28 PM
1,385 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD