For example take the torch and bold 9700

(1 inch = 25.4 mm)

Torch's pixels per inch or per 25.4 mm = 188.68 pixels
    Per 10 mm = 74.28 pixels

Needs a navmove in any direction of 74 -> navmoveright74 to move 10 mm on the physical screen.

9700's pixels per inch or per 25.4 mm = 245.9 pixels
    Per 10 mm = 96.81 pixels

Needs navmoveright97 to move 10 mm on the physical screen.
    06-25-11 05:19 AM
    Wondering if anyone can help me set up a macro for BBMing someone. If I choose Msg_PIN, it looks like an email and I don't get my custom Blackberry Messenger alert nor the bubble conversations. I set up a macro to BBM somone but if I want to BBM someone else, BBM is still on the last person I sent a message to so I don't get the desired results from my macro. Any ideas?
    06-25-11 08:25 AM
    Wondering if anyone can help me set up a macro for BBMing someone. If I choose Msg_PIN, it looks like an email and I don't get my custom Blackberry Messenger alert nor the bubble conversations. I set up a macro to BBM somone but if I want to BBM someone else, BBM is still on the last person I sent a message to so I don't get the desired results from my macro. Any ideas?
    MSg_PIN is just for sending a PIN message (not bbm) to a specific PIN number. Works the same as BBM, but without the instant messaging interface. Its more like e-mail or sms between pin numbers instead of email address or cell phone number.

To BBM you have to use BlackberryMessenger for app name, and use the autosearch feature of BBM, but instead of using the key macro, you use the spkey macro, because key doesnt work on BBM.

So it launches BBM,
    spkey
    CONTACTNAME;
    then enterkey; or navclick;
    then keyMESSAGE;
    then enterkey;
    then esckey;esckey;esckey; one to close the conversation the other to close the search and the other to close BBM.

So,

App. Name: Blackberry Messenger_BG
    Macros:
    spkeyCONTACT;
    delay200;
    enterkey;
    delay
    200;
    keyMESSAGE;
    delay100;
    enterkey;
    esckey;
    delay
    100;
    esckey;

Where CONTACT is the contact name, and MESSAGE is the message you want to send. The last two esckey will take you to BBM's main screen.
    Last edited by gbsn; 06-27-11 at 04:10 PM.
    06-25-11 08:39 AM
    Not sure if it is my OS version (5.0.0.979) but I have to use BlackberryMessenger_BG and then the macro just stops at the main BBM screen. I tried just as you suggested and nothing happens! I'll keep messing with it.
    06-26-11 04:28 AM
    Not sure if it is my OS version (5.0.0.979) but I have to use BlackberryMessenger_BG and then the macro just stops at the main BBM screen. I tried just as you suggested and nothing happens! I'll keep messing with it.
    What version of bbm are you running?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-11 07:45 AM
    hello guys
    i just purchased the shortcutme app when it came out with the new version 5.5 and i am using bold 9700 6.0.0.60. i am trying to create a macro for bbm contact which it shows in the video of the app. as im doing exactly the same but it does not work instead when i test run the shortcut it works perfectly. the macros i created is as follows
    app name - blackberry messenger_bg
    parameter - empty
    macros : MenuItemFromTop9;NavClick;Keyhi

please help me create this macro and let me know if im doing anything wrong.help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
    06-26-11 09:58 AM
    For any new people to the application, make sure you enable all the permissions in the application management page of the blackberry options.

@bharuch The macro i posted above should work for you since you are running OS 6, i updated it to add delays and the alternative launching. It will work for any specific contact, it would be a fixed find, while your macro for example, would be a variable position, since you are using entry number 9 of the list, which can vary if you add or remove a contact (it wont be located in menuitemfromtop9 anymore).
    Last edited by gbsn; 06-26-11 at 08:41 PM.
    06-26-11 08:33 PM
    What version of bbm are you running?

Version 6.0.0.73

06-27-11 06:37 AM
    I was replying to jaji, from what I understand he is trying to use the passwordkey to have it move automatically to the password field. I know that for websites you need a pixel value, which is usually high. But, for applications that are menu based, navmove macro moves the cursor from field to field, which is what the wells fargo app is, its just a menu, so he needs to use either menuitemfrom or navmove macros to jump to the next field.

If it were a webworks app or a java app that has a cursor (cursor based), then he would need to use pixel values to get to the next field. But wells fargo is a simple menu.

@gbsn: Your explanation is spot on!

I created a macro over the weekend to reset the App World cache and then to re-log into App World. As you described, NavMoveDown1 moved field by field within the App World application.

Thanks!
    06-27-11 12:11 PM
    Thank u sir for this post but unfortunately I did exactly u mentioned in it but it does not work I mean it stucks on the main BBM page whereas if I run test the macro while editing it works perfectly. I have seen so many of u guys gets stuck same problem as mine also I am trying to solve this problem with the support team any help is greatly appreciated thanks in advance
    For any new people to the application, make sure you enable all the permissions in the application management page of the blackberry options.

@bharuch The macro i posted above should work for you since you are running OS 6, i updated it to add delays and the alternative launching. It will work for any specific contact, it would be a fixed find, while your macro for example, would be a variable position, since you are using entry number 9 of the list, which can vary if you add or remove a contact (it wont be located in menuitemfromtop9 anymore).
    06-27-11 01:24 PM
    bharuch7282, I can't reproduce this bug.
    All macros for a shortcut that is set to launch BBM (Blackberry_Messenger_BG), are running fine.
    Even that what gbsn writes is correct: It is better to use macros to search and find a person in BBM instead of relying on the position of that contact in the BBM list.

The fact is that macros are running fine in BBM.

Anyone else having problem running macros on BBM?

Last edited by Vijik; 06-28-11 at 02:08 AM.
    06-27-11 01:47 PM
    Version 6.0.0.73

Thank u sir for this post but unfortunately I did exactly u mentioned in it but it does not work I mean it stucks on the main BBM page whereas if I run test the macro while editing it works perfectly. I have seen so many of u guys gets stuck same problem as mine also I am trying to solve this problem with the support team any help is greatly appreciated thanks in advance

Alright, lets verify again clean,

Check that application permissions for all interactions are set to allow for shortcutme.
    Make sure app name is on Blackberry Messenger_BG (not BlackberryMessenger)
    Make sure there is no parameter
    Make sure there is no alternative launching (none)
    And for macros delete anything you have and replace it with:

delay1000;
    navmovedown3;
    navmoveup3;

just for testing.

Also, take in count delays are in miliseconds.

Its kinda strange that the macro works while test running it but not when launching it, it does not make sense :[

If it still doesnt work, set App name to Macro
    No parameter
    No alternative launcher.
    And for Macros delete everything and add:

launch blackberry messenger;
    delay1000;
    navmoveup3;
    navmovedown3;

If it still doesnt work replace launch blackberry messenger; with launch blackberry messenger_bg;

And im out of ideas now... do a battery pull then try again? hahaha
    Last edited by gbsn; 06-27-11 at 04:33 PM.
    06-27-11 04:19 PM
    All permissions are set to allow. When using BlackberryMessenger_BG, it will launch BBM but the macro will not run. It just brings up the main Messenger screen. I did set up a macro going thru Messages that works so I have been using that today.
    06-27-11 04:34 PM
    All permissions are set to allow. When using BlackberryMessenger_BG, it will launch BBM but the macro will not run. It just brings up the main Messenger screen. I did set up a macro going thru Messages that works so I have been using that today.
    i am having the same problem i really appreciate that support team is really helping me out but all efforts are in vain. hope there is a solution and get this BBM issue work.
    06-27-11 08:45 PM
    Did you guys try out what gbsn wrote in his last post above?

If none of those methods helps to find out what the problem is, and since macros running fine on my BB, then I have to make a temporary version with extra error messages that you guys can run and it hopefully will help me to find out what the problem is.

Pdl2mtl90, can you also run macros successfully after launching BBM using 'Test-run This Shortcut'?

06-28-11 02:15 AM
    Did you guys try out what gbsn wrote in his last post above?

If none of those methods helps to find out what the problem is, and since macros running fine on my BB, then I have to make a temporary version with extra error messages that you guys can run and it hopefully will help me to find out what the problem is.

Pdl2mtl90, can you also run macros successfully after launching BBM using 'Test-run This Shortcut'?

yes i already tried but i already mentioned that it works when test run but doesnt work when launched plz do something abt it thanks in advance
    06-28-11 08:28 AM
    I tried both methods suggested by gbsn to no avail. Works fine on Test Run but will not run in its entirety upon launch. BBM will pop up but macro will not run.

06-28-11 06:15 PM
    pdl2mtl90 and bharuch7282,

I made a new version, 5.5.0.1 and it is on the beta site. (hopefully it will solve the issue on your BBs)

Do you have the link to the beta site? If not send email to support at shortcutme dot com to get the link.
    06-28-11 10:44 PM
    Those of you who already have the link to the beta site, please upgrade to 5.5.0.1

(The change in 5.5.0.1, comparing to 5.5.0.0, should only effect shortcuts that open an already running (in background) app, like BBM)
    06-28-11 11:13 PM
    Blackberry Messenger_BG with my macro works like a champ! Thanks so much for those that helped. Another reason I love ShortCutMe.

Vijik likes this.
    06-29-11 06:49 AM
    Blackberry Messenger_BG with my macro works like a champ! Thanks so much for those that helped. Another reason I love ShortCutMe.

I assume this is after you upgraded to 5.5.0.1

The reason for the BBM-macro problem has then been a bug (?) in BB OS API, where a method in the API behaves differently depending on the device. That is why many didn't got effected by it and that is why Test-Run wasn't trapped by it when it disallowed SCM to exit after launching BBM.

Anyway, 5.5.0.1 has a workaround for that and it looks like that it is working.

Last edited by Vijik; 06-29-11 at 08:38 AM.
    06-29-11 07:18 AM
    What is the website to get the link. thanks
    pdl2mtl90 and bharuch7282,

I made a new version, 5.5.0.1 and it is on the beta site. (hopefully it will solve the issue on your BBs)

Do you have the link to the beta site? If not send email to support at shortcutme dot com to get the link.
    06-29-11 10:32 AM
    What is the website to get the link. thanks

Email with the link info is sent to you. Let us know how it goes.

06-29-11 11:58 AM
    Hey everyone I had the problem of macros creating in BBM and trying to get it fixed and finally it has been fixed by the developer which I really appreciate and its been great help from the support team. Those guys are really professional and they send me a link of upgrade version in beta which fixed this issue. I highly recommand this app as the support and app itself is best. Thanks again to all of you who tried to help me out . Appreciate it

Vijik likes this.
    06-29-11 01:47 PM
    Vijik, is it a possibility to include a delkey macro in the future? There are some apps and menus that take advantage of key shortcuts and delkey can be useful in some cases. Its like the only key without a macro :[
    06-29-11 03:27 PM
1,385 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD