A new beta version, 5.4.1.124, is on the beta link ready for download.

Visortgw, please upgrade to that and then set Extra AppName 7 in the Common Config page to:
    @@@100
    to force the Key macro to wait 100mS between each key injection.

Play around with that 100 number (i.e. @@@50 or @@@30) to see what is the minimum delay needed before your Key macro successfully enters a series of keys on your latest BB OS.
    06-15-11 05:43 PM
    Any one know a macro for quickly making a new note in the evernote application?? Would be a real help!

Thx,
    Ajay
    I don't have that app. Can you tell us how you manually create a new note in Evernote?
    06-15-11 05:44 PM
    A new beta version, 5.4.1.124, is on the beta link ready for download.

Visortgw, please upgrade to that and then set Extra AppName 7 in the Common Config page to:
    @@@100
    to force the Key macro to wait 100mS between each key injection.

Play around with that 100 number (i.e. @@@50 or @@@30) to see what is the minimum delay needed before your Key macro successfully enters a series of keys on your latest BB OS.
    That appears to do the trick for the Key macro, but not for the NavMoveDown (and most likely the other Nav macros) -- I have a NavMoveDown17 in my device Reset macro that I still need to break into 17 individual movements with Delays in between.
    06-15-11 09:39 PM
    That appears to do the trick for the Key macro, but not for the NavMoveDown (and most likely the other Nav macros) -- I have a NavMoveDown17 in my device Reset macro that I still need to break into 17 individual movements with Delays in between.
    I know. Just wanted to make sure that it helps with one thing (key macro) before adding it to the other ones.

I will make a new version today that also fixes the other macros you have mentioned.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-11 06:39 AM
    I know. Just wanted to make sure that it helps with one thing (key macro) before adding it to the other ones.

I will make a new version today that also fixes the other macros you have mentioned.

Thanks! I am always happy to independently confirm your fixes. Look forward to the next iteration...

BTW, I have seen several extremely infrequent instances of inconsistent results in macros that use Input Simulation [aka Keyboard Injection depending on OS version] (especially scrolling down menus) in the past -- this latest OS appears to exacerbate the situation. You may also consider the same addition to the Call macro.
    Last edited by visortgw; 06-16-11 at 10:44 AM.
    06-16-11 10:35 AM
    .125 is on the beta link ready to be downloaded.

The parameter in Extra AppName should now also effect NavMoveXXX macros.

Try it and let me know how it goes.

06-16-11 11:33 AM
    .125 is on the beta link ready to be downloaded.

The parameter in Extra AppName should now also effect NavMoveXXX macros.

Try it and let me know how it goes.

NavMoveDown17 worked like a champ within my Reset macro (just like the seventeen individual [NavMoveDown1;Delay100] sequences!).

What about the Call macro (i.e., add delays between "digits" being dialed)?

NOTE: I just re-tested Call macro. The Call macro itself may be fine as is as far as dialing a string. The issue is that it does not execute the NavMoveDown17 macro that follows.

Specifically,

Call ##000000;Delay2000;

NavMoveDown17;Delay250;
    Keyvzw;Delay250;
    MENUKey;Delay250;
    Keys;Delay250;
    NavClick;

should be equivalent to

SENDKey;Delay2000;
    Keyqq000000;
    SENDKey;Delay2000;

NavMoveDown17;Delay250;
    Keyvzw;Delay250;
    MENUKey;Delay250;
    Keys;Delay250;
    NavClick;

But they are not! The second one succeeds in bringing up the "CDMA Service Edit Screen" and editing/saving the "SIP Password" to invoke a reset. The first one does not bring the "CDMA Service Edit Screen" to the foreground prior to executing the NavMoveDown and Key sequences. I can use the one that works, but I just wanted to make you aware...
    Last edited by visortgw; 06-16-11 at 02:46 PM.
    06-16-11 01:03 PM
    I checked the BB OS API for Calling, and could not find a way to put a delay in the phone number injection.

Thanks for letting me know. I will find out why those 2 behave differently.

Since the delay thing is working for Key and NavMoveXXXX, I am going to add a macro, called something like "InjectDelay" that can be used (i.e. InjectDelay100) to set the value of that delay parameter. It will replace the setting of the ExtraAppName 7.
    That should be done to make sure that your macro, if posted for others, has all the required settings in itself instead of relying on a setting in the Common Config page.
    visortgw likes this.
    06-16-11 05:38 PM
    I checked the BB OS API for Calling, and could not find a way to put a delay in the phone number injection.

Since the delay thing is working for Key and NavMoveXXXX, I am going to add a macro, called something like "InjectDelay" that can be used (i.e. InjectDelay100) to set the value of that delay parameter. It will replace the setting of the ExtraAppName 7.
    That should be done to make sure that your macro, if posted for others, has all the required settings in itself instead of relying on a setting in the Common Config page.
    Adding an "InjectDelay" macro makes a lot of sense.

At first i thought the Call macro was also an issue with respect to no delay between "keystrokes", but it appears that it is more likely an issue with which app is focused (foreground vs background) since the "call" actually completes correctly (as evidenced by a test macro with only "Call ##000000").
    Last edited by visortgw; 06-17-11 at 07:20 AM.
    06-16-11 08:32 PM

Any update on this? Thanks!
    06-21-11 11:16 AM
    Any update on this? Thanks!
    .126 is ready on the beta link to download.

.126 has a new macro called "InjectDelay" and it allows you to set the delay between injected keys and injected navigation movements in NavMoveXXXX macros. (Value of ExtraAppName 7 has no effect anymore).

You can use "InjectDelay" macro as many times as you want in one single macro shortcut.
    Last edited by Vijik; 06-22-11 at 01:30 AM.
    visortgw likes this.
    06-21-11 09:28 PM
    Hey Vijik,

I am the guy you kindly spent many hours to help with to write a macro for taking several pictures automatically (my email address has the same text, JeffN, in it).

I just saw this thread.
    Can I also have the beta link?
    06-22-11 11:42 AM
    ShortcutMe v5.5 (official release version based on 5.4.1.126 beta) is available via MobiHand and affiliates (BerryReview Store, CrackBerry Store, etc.) as of this morning -- I received an automated e-mail notification from MobiHand earlier today. Announcement (with 50% off, today only sale) on CrackBerry News: http://crackberry.com/shortcutme-ver...-sale-50-today

I would assume that it will be also available via App World shortly -- typically, the App World approval process usually takes a couple days even for updates.
    Last edited by visortgw; 06-23-11 at 10:34 AM.
    06-23-11 07:39 AM
    Hey Vijik,

I am the guy you kindly spent many hours to help with to write a macro for taking several pictures automatically (my email address has the same text, JeffN, in it).

I just saw this thread.
    Can I also have the beta link?
    You are now a macro expert (recalling your last email)

Send email to us and I will forward you the beta link.
    06-23-11 11:54 AM
    ShortcutMe v5.5 (official release version based on 5.4.1.126 beta) is available via MobiHand and affiliates (BerryReview Store, CrackBerry Store, etc.) as of this morning -- I received an automated e-mail notification from MobiHand earlier today. Announcement (with 50% off, today only sale) on CrackBerry News: http://crackberry.com/shortcutme-ver...-sale-50-today

I would assume that it will be also available via App World shortly -- typically, the App World approval process usually takes a couple days even for updates.
    This has now it's own thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/sho...models-625324/
    06-23-11 11:56 AM
    I need a little help setting up a macro. I am using the Wells Fargo mobile banking app and I would like it to log me in automatically. So far I have it set to fill in my login name but I can't get it to select the password field. The Enter key simulates clicking "Sign On" which then gives me a prompt to enter my password. So I am trying to switch text field boxes. NavDown and NavRight have also failed to produce the desired result.

So far I have

Delay3000(this allows time for the app to load before entering login);Keyloginname

After that, I can't get SCM to select the next text field. Anyone have any ideas?
    06-23-11 02:24 PM
    I need a little help setting up a macro. I am using the Wells Fargo mobile banking app and I would like it to log me in automatically. So far I have it set to fill in my login name but I can't get it to select the password field. The Enter key simulates clicking "Sign On" which then gives me a prompt to enter my password. So I am trying to switch text field boxes. NavDown and NavRight have also failed to produce the desired result.

So far I have

Delay3000(this allows time for the app to load before entering login);Keyloginname

After that, I can't get SCM to select the next text field. Anyone have any ideas?
    Personally, I have not tried this, but take a look at this example from user gbsn: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/han...ml#post6089157. Also, you may wish to also look into using the PasswordKey macro, which encrypts the string.
    06-23-11 03:32 PM
    Personally, I have not tried this, but take a look at this example from user gbsn: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/han...ml#post6089157. Also, you may wish to also look into using the PasswordKey macro, which encrypts the string.
    Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I am still unable to get it to work . The issue is selecting the password field box. I can't get the cursor to move. Its an app and not a website so maybe that's why normal website macros aren't working. Just typing the PasswordKey macro doesn't move the cursor, it just types the password right after my login in the same box.

I have found a little bit of a workaround.

Delay3000(this allows time for the app to load before entering login);Keyloginname;Delay2000(after entering the login, I pause it for a moment to manually select the password field);PasswordKeypassword;EnterKey

The only problem with this is if I don't manually select the next field it will enter my password after my login name (in plain text, not ****). But that's the best I could come up with. I just can't figure out how to move the cursor in this particular app. I feel a little vulnerable with it set up as such and was hoping for a better way.
    06-23-11 06:15 PM
    Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I am still unable to get it to work . The issue is selecting the password field box. I can't get the cursor to move. Its an app and not a website so maybe that's why normal website macros aren't working. Just typing the PasswordKey macro doesn't move the cursor, it just types the password right after my login in the same box.

Delay3000(this allows time for the app to load before entering login);Keyloginname;Delay2000(after entering the login, I pause it for a moment to manually select the password field);PasswordKeypassword;EnterKey

The only problem with this is if I don't manually select the next field it will enter my password after my login name (in plain text, not ****). But that's the best I could come up with. I just can't figure out how to move the cursor in this particular app. I feel a little vulnerable with it set up as such and was hoping for a better way.
    I tried gbsn's method to log into the BlackBerry Beta Zone website. Here was my final functioning macro (/* with comments added */):

App: Browser
    Parameter: http://blackberry.com/beta

Macro:
    Suspend; /* Wait for app to launch -- use SCM convenience key to resume execution of macro */
    InjectDelay0;Delay100; /* No delay between keystrokes -- important for scrolling */
    MenuItemFromTop1; /* Move to top of scrollable region */
    NavMoveDown175; /* Scroll to username field */
    NavClick; /* Select username field */
    InjectDelay100; /* 100 ms delay between keystrokes -- device dependent */
    KeyUSERNAME; /* Type username */
    InjectDelay0; /* No delay between keystrokes */
    ESCKey;Delay100; /* Exit username field */
    NavMoveDown40;Delay100; /* Scroll to password field */
    NavClick;Delay100; /* Select password field */
    InjectDelay100; /* 100 ms delay between keystrokes */
    PasswordKeyPASSWORD;Delay100; /* Type password*/
    ENTERKey; /* Execute logon */

Notes:
    1. I add a Delay of 100 ms between commands in order to ensure that the next command can be executed (device dependent).
    2. The InjectDelay is necessary if your device appears to be omitting characters during simulation of keystrokes.
    3. The NavMoveDown commands need to be adjusted to scroll to the proper location on the screen -- I am guessing that the parameter equates to pixels, but there will definitely be some trial and error here.
    4. Comment out the ENTERKey command (i.e., /* ENTERKey; */) until you figure out the NavMoveDown scrolling.

I hope that this helps -- try my example as it will definitely help you to determine how your particular device and OS respond.
    Last edited by visortgw; 06-23-11 at 07:25 PM.
    06-23-11 07:08 PM

Are you trying to use the passwordkey macro to move the cursor?, just using the navmovedown1 macro moves the cursor to the next text field which is password. I just tried it on the torch using the wells fargo app and it worked nice.

PasswordKey macro does not move to a password field, it is not a movement macro, its just a macro to encrypt a string, store and type down the encrypted string, for security and privacy purposes. It basically replaces your password, for example "redwater100!" with some random encrypted string in the macro editor so nobody can see it, but when you use passwordkey to enter it down it actually enters the password.

Basically, this is how the clean macro ends up:

keyusername;
    navmovedown1;
    keypassword;
    enterkey;

where username is your username and password is your password.

Or you can replace keypassword; with passwordkeypassword; if you have your password encrypted.

@Vijik Was there ever a delkey macro, for the delete key? i thought there was one, or im going crazy? :0 Also, how is the SetBrightness macro used? i cant seem to make it work either by SetBrightness80 or SetBrightness 80
    Last edited by gbsn; 06-24-11 at 04:39 AM.
    06-24-11 12:23 AM
    Are you trying to use the passwordkey macro to move the cursor?, just using the navmovedown1 macro moves the cursor to the next text field which is password. I just tried it on the torch using the wells fargo app and it worked nice.

PasswordKey macro does not move to a password field, it is not a movement macro, its just a macro to encrypt a string, store and type down the encrypted string, for security and privacy purposes. It basically replaces your password, for example "redwater100!" with some random encrypted string in the macro editor so nobody can see it, but when you use passwordkey to enter it down it actually enters the password.

Basically, this is how the clean macro ends up:

keyusername;
    navmovedown1;
    keypassword;
    enterkey;

where username is your username and password is your password.

Or you can replace keypassword; with passwordkeypassword; if you have your password encrypted.
    On my Bold 9650, NavMoveDown1 does not move to the next field, but rather it scrolls down be some infinitesimal increment (possibly one pixel?). That is why I needed to use NavMoveDown40 in my example to move from username to password field for the Beta Zone website -- this is consistent with your earlier example for which I quoted the link. (Of course, behavior may be different on your Torch or with an app instead of website.)

BTW, this type of interaction among users and the developer is what makes ShortcutMe such a great and useful app!
    06-24-11 07:53 AM
    On my Bold 9650, NavMoveDown1 does not move to the next field, but rather it scrolls down be some infinitesimal increment (possibly one pixel?). That is why I needed to use NavMoveDown40 in my example to move from username to password field for the Beta Zone website -- this is consistent with your earlier example for which I quoted the link. (Of course, behavior may be different on your Torch or with an app instead of website.)

BTW, this type of interaction among users and the developer is what makes ShortcutMe such a great and useful app!
    I was replying to jaji, from what I understand he is trying to use the passwordkey to have it move automatically to the password field. I know that for websites you need a pixel value, which is usually high. But, for applications that are menu based, navmove macro moves the cursor from field to field, which is what the wells fargo app is, its just a menu, so he needs to use either menuitemfrom or navmove macros to jump to the next field.

If it were a webworks app or a java app that has a cursor (cursor based), then he would need to use pixel values to get to the next field. But wells fargo is a simple menu.

Last edited by gbsn; 06-24-11 at 08:04 AM.
    visortgw likes this.
    06-24-11 07:59 AM
    I was replying to jaji, from what I understand he is trying to use the passwordkey to have it move automatically to the password field. I know that for websites you need a pixel value, which is usually high. But, for applications that are menu based, navmove macro moves the cursor from field to field, which is what the wells fargo app is, its just a menu, so he needs to use either menuitemfrom or navmove macros to jump to the next field.

Thanks again for the clarification! Your insight is invaluable!
    06-24-11 08:05 AM
    Thank you guys for helping others with macros.

Does it help to add new macros like the ones below?

CursorMoveDown
    CursorMoveUp

gbsn, I don't have much experience with running macros on web pages. Do you think the above macros could be based on milimeter, pixel?

Edit: I try to find a way to incorporate your findings about number of mm that a cursor should move and the number that should be in front of NavMoveDown
    Last edited by Vijik; 06-24-11 at 11:36 AM.
    06-24-11 08:34 AM
    Thank you guys for helping others with macros.

Does it help to add new macros like the ones below?

CursorMoveDown
    CursorMoveUp

gbsn, I don't have much experience with running macros on web pages. Do you think the above macros could be based on milimeter, pixel?

Edit: I try to find a way to incorporate your findings about number of mm that a cursor should move and the number that should be in front of NavMoveDown
    Navmoves are already based on pixels when it comes to websites, or anything that has a cursor. I don't think you would want another macro that does the same thing, it would be kinda redundant. Its probably easier to just add a note in the macro description stating its behavior on websites or any application that has a cursor or pointer, in that you need a high amount. If you are talking about a name change then it would probably fit also, cursormove instead of navmove, it would be a matter of preference.

Unless you actually want the cursormove to be a group of pixels, for example, cursormove1 does what navmove50 does, or so. Trying to make a constant formula for it based on milimeters would be device dependant, as the torch, for example, has less pixel density than a 9700 because the screen is larger but has the same resolution, so the 9700 has more pixels per mm.

To check the behavior of navmoves, open a website, and put the cursor on the leftmost border, then do a navmoveright of 20 pixels less than the screen's resolution, and you will see that it gets pretty pretty close the other border.

What I found out also, is that menuitemfromtop and bottom, move on a group of pixels when used on a website, it moves like namoveup40 or bottom40. I don't know when it became like that though, I remember it being also like navmove.

Last edited by gbsn; 06-24-11 at 02:43 PM.
    06-24-11 02:39 PM
1,385 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD