Agree.
    The only doubt will be if there exists more than one X-shortcut. Which one should be launched by the Scheduled Launch?
    Dam, hmmm hahaha, i guess some way to add priority to them.

Allow to add numbers in the shortcut section of an application, but which will not show up in the regular shortcutme screen, but will affect the scheduled launching and system menus only.

App name: bbm
    shortcut: x1

app name: browser
    shortcut: x2

Entries in the shortcutme screen will appear as

X BBM
    X Browser

But in scheduled launching/system menu you can use

scheduled launch: x1 or x to launch the same app which is bbm, but use x2 to launch browser

Pressing X in the regular screen will show these two and launch none. But setting to launch X or X1 scheduled, will launch the one with the 1 on it. And setting to launch X2 scheduled will launch the one with the 2 on it, and so for each integer, up to 9.

Or implement the "!" also in the shortcut of an application. And the "!" will not show up in the regular list.

shortcut: x!

app name: blackberry messenger
    shortcut: x

But in scheduled launching/system menu use something like

schedule launch: x! or x will launch browser as it has priority.

Pressing X in the regular screen will show these two and launch none. But setting to launch X scheduled, will launch the one with the ! on it.

Or add a "default shortcut" button, probably a check button in the shortcut creation screen

shortcut: x
    default: checked (yes)

app name: blackberry messenger
    shortcut x
    default: unchecked

then schedule launch x will launch browser only.

I was also going to suggest using numbers only in the schedule launching setup, to then have shortcutme temporarily sort each "X" shortcut by app name and launch the first one. But this would probably not be good on performance, right? since you dont recommend sorting in the shortcutme homescreen.

X browser
    X application manager
    X blackberry messenger

schedule launch: X1 will launch application manager, X2 will launch blackberry messenger, X3 will launch browser.

This way you dont have to add numbers in the shortcut creation screen for each "X" shortcuted application.

But anyways, i would go with adding numbers somewhere, as you can control priority and have hierarchical priority items for each repeated shortcut.

Since im too lazy to edit all the numbers i put in this post, let the priority count start from 0 instead of 1, up to 9, which i guess would be easier on the java code.
    Last edited by gbsn; 04-20-11 at 10:44 PM.
    04-20-11 10:30 PM
    Or, as you said "X" will run X-shortcut, "XA" will run XA-shortcut, etc. But if SCM finds more than one X-shortcut, it will, instead of "X" just do a "X*": Open the main menu with X already entered. That way the user is reminded about the duplicated shortcut.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-11 10:44 PM
    Or, as you said "X" will run X-shortcut, "XA" will run XA-shortcut, etc. But if SCM finds more than one X-shortcut, it will, instead of "X" just do a "X*": Open the main menu with X already entered. That way the user is reminded about the duplicated shortcut.

Yeah, i guess thats easier and faster to implement hahaha ;D

Now that we are on shortcut conflicts, how hard would it be to add a "auto launch after 2nd click" option. So users have an option to disable it if they dont like it, or enable it if they want it, being separate from the launch on 1st click.

Typing AM will launch AM like "launch on 1st click" does with typing A only. Even if a shortcut AMS exists already.
    Last edited by gbsn; 04-20-11 at 10:53 PM.
    04-20-11 10:46 PM
    I checked the code. It is a bit more work (to add autolaunch after second click) than what I originally thought.
    But it is a good idea so I will implement it at some point in future.

04-21-11 10:15 AM
    I changed the code so that .114 (not yet on beta link) is going to launch X-shortcut if SCM is launched with "X" as shortcut parameter and if only one X-shortcut is found (regardless of if there exists other shortcuts with shortcut keys starting with X like XA, XB, etc).
    But if there are more than one X-Shortcut, it is handled as X* (SCM opens with X already entered).

I also added following Macro Commands:
    - IsLocked (returns TRUE if device is locked)
    - Lock (Locks the device if the device has a Password)
    - Unlock

I let you know when alpha testing is done and when you can download it from the beta link.

04-21-11 10:23 AM
    .114 is now ready for download on the beta link.
    04-21-11 05:32 PM
    Does lock only locks if the device has a password?
    Is unlock used with the password following it? Like unlock 1234, where 1234 is the password for the device? Or it only unlocks when the device doesn't have a password?

04-21-11 06:19 PM
    I assume Lock and Unlock macros might behave differently on different devices all depending of what BB OS is running and what IT policy rules.
    I hoped that Unlock could actually unlock the device, but as you can see in the macro info (in Macro Editor) for Unlock, it states: "Tries to unlock the device"
    So you might see that it only brings up the Password Entering window (bypassing the window that asks about Emergency call)
    It looks like that RIM doesn't allow key Injection on Password window. Not even Paste from clipboard is working.
    So to unlock you might end up using Promp/Suspend macros after Unlock macro.

Edit: let me know if you experience that those two macros behaves differently on your BB.

Last edited by Vijik; 04-21-11 at 08:17 PM.
    04-21-11 08:13 PM
    I downloaded .114 but these new macros don't seem to be in the macro list. Also, for "isinholster", why does it show as "m_isinholster"?

04-21-11 08:41 PM
    I downloaded .114 but these new macros don't seem to be in the macro list. Also, for "isinholster", why does it show as "m_isinholster"?

Sounds like .113

Let me check.

04-21-11 09:06 PM
    Try to redownload .114

It should be okay now.
    let me know if you, after redownloading, still can't see the new macros.

04-21-11 09:10 PM
    @vijik: A couple of quick requests:
    1. Please consider adding a "Not" macro or operator (e.g., IF1; Not; IsLocked; ________; EndIf1; ...) to modify boolean operators.
    2. Does a document exist that summarizes all of the current macros and their parameters? As the list grows (and I'm not complaining), it is becoming more and more difficult to keep track of all of the possible functions.

Thanks!
    04-22-11 08:16 AM
    @vijik: A couple of quick requests
    [*]Please consider adding a "Not" macro or operator (e.g., IF1; Not; IsLocked; ________; EndIf1; ...) to modify boolean operators.
    [*]Does a document exist that summarizes all of the current macros and their parameters? As the list grows (and I'm not complaining), it is becoming more and more difficult to keep track of all of the possible functions.

Thanks!
    I was going to suggest number 1, but it can be accomplished leaving the "then" part empty and adding just an else.

If0;
    isapprunning browser;
    Else0;
    Launch browser;
    Keycrackberry.com

There is no action for true, so it will always do the else, which is when its false/opposite/not.
    But yeah, adding a not would be easier to keep track.

Last edited by gbsn; 04-22-11 at 08:36 AM.
    04-22-11 08:34 AM
    Agree that you are fine without "Not"(by using Else), but it is better to have it.

Let me check the source code to see how this can be implemented.

In the mean time let me know which one of the followings you think is better:

1-
    If0;Not;IsInHolster;Then0;...

2-
    If0;!IsInHolster;Then0;...

3-
    If0;IsInHolster!;Then0;...

4-
    If0;IsInHolster Not;Then0;...

(I think 3 is easier to implement)

04-22-11 12:36 PM
    In regards to Macro document:
    I will start writing it.
    I will contact CB mods to find out if CB site provides a page for 3rd party app developers to post info about their apps. If so, I will put the doc on CB.

Let me know if you have an opinion about where the doc should be.

04-22-11 12:42 PM
    Agree that you are fine without "Not"(by using Else), but it is better to have it.

1-

2-

3-

4-

#2 sounds more standard, #3 is not bad. Maybe "IfNot0"?.
    What's the difficulty level between #2, #3 and ifnot?

04-22-11 12:53 PM
    In regards to Macro document:
    I will start writing it.
    I will contact CB mods to find out if CB site provides a page for 3rd party app developers to post info about their apps. If so, I will put the doc on CB.

Let me know if you have an opinion about where the doc should be.

How about on the ShortcutMe.com website with a direct link from within the app to a mobile-friendly version?
    04-22-11 02:21 PM

1-

2-

3-

4-

2 is most intuitive to me...
    04-22-11 02:22 PM
    #3 (If0;IsInHolster!;Then0;...) is easiest to implement.

(I also liked #2).

"IfNot0" is a good idea, but it has much bigger (software) footprint than the other options.
    04-22-11 09:34 PM
    How about on the ShortcutMe.com website with a direct link from within the app to a mobile-friendly version?
    I already have created a similar one for ShortcutMe functions. You can reach it by selecting the menu item "Show Me Online Info Page" when you create or edit a shortcut (Shortcut Setting Page).

The problem with those pages are that they require a lot of maintenance, everytime a new version is created the server and the doc should be modified, there is no way to receive feedback about it, and no ShortcutMe fan can help others because that page is not a forum thread.

I think a live CrackBerry page/thread would be a better option and could help to reduce number of support emails (support emails burning the time that could be used on further development of the app).
    04-23-11 08:03 AM
    Idea 1: This is pure whim, extend the shortcut letters from 3 to 4. E.g: ABCD

Idea 2: A lock input macro, "LockInput", for when a macro is executing and when the end of the macro or an "UnlockInput" macro is reached, input is unlocked, this is so keyboard presses o trackpad movements dont interrupt it. I think this would require quite some code modification, but im not sure, so im posting it. Would work nice for scheduled macros, because sometimes you forget about them and occur while you are typing or doing something on the phone, screwing the executing macro altogether and it ends up modifying something else. Named like LockInput and UnlockInput or so.
    04-23-11 11:26 PM
    Idea 1: This is pure whim, extend the shortcut letters from 3 to 4. E.g: ABCD

Idea 2: A lock input macro, "LockInput", for when a macro is executing and when the end of the macro or an "UnlockInput" macro is reached, input is unlocked, this is so keyboard presses o trackpad movements dont interrupt it. I think this would require quite some code modification, but im not sure, so im posting it. Would work nice for scheduled macros, because sometimes you forget about them and occur while you are typing or doing something on the phone, screwing the executing macro altogether and it ends up modifying something else. Named like LockInput and UnlockInput or so.
    I am working on implementing a new macro sets that will allow you to start your macro shortcuts like this:

While2 IdleSeconds<10;Do2;Delay2000;EndWhile2;....

("IdleSeconds" returns number of seconds since last time the keypad or track pad/touch screen is used on the BB).
    (Edit: This macro will then wait until you don't use your BB for 10 seconds)

It is not easy to implement, so it takes some time to make it available for download.
    Last edited by Vijik; 04-23-11 at 11:43 PM.
    04-23-11 11:39 PM
    I am working on implementing a new macro sets that will allow you to start your macro shortcuts like this:

While2 IdleSeconds<10;Do2;Delay2000;EndWhile2;....

("IdleSeconds" returns number of seconds since last time the keypad or track pad/touch screen is used on the BB).
    (Edit: This macro will then wait until you don't use your BB for 10 seconds)

It is not easy to implement, so it takes some time to make it available for download.
    That sounds nice. How will that work with scheduled macros? Will the launch recur? Like after reset, if the while is not met, will it continue trying to launch the macro until the while is met or it will just fail to launch and stop?

Will these math/comparison operators be available for other macros?
    Last edited by gbsn; 04-24-11 at 12:11 AM.
    04-24-11 12:04 AM
    For the while macro example in my post, if the while condition (idle for 10 seconds) is not met, then the macro will wait and check every 2 seconds until you stop using your BB for 10 seconds.

It is also possible to use another macro I plan to add, "Schedule" macro, that allows you to schedule a shortcut directly from your macros (if the device is in use/ IdleTime<10).

04-24-11 12:45 AM
    For the while macro example in my post, if the while condition (idle for 10 seconds) is not met, then the macro will wait and check every 2 seconds until you stop using your BB for 10 seconds.

It is also possible to use another macro I plan to add, "Schedule" macro, that allows you to schedule a shortcut directly from your macros (if the device is in use/ IdleTime<10).

The while idle (time-based) macro is an excellent idea!

Would it also be possible to another condition to test CPU load within a while loop (e.g., wait loop while CPU load is above 50%)? My thought again relates to starting background apps at boot time and waiting until Universal Search Indexing, etc. have finished...
    Last edited by visortgw; 04-24-11 at 08:16 AM.
    04-24-11 08:14 AM
1,385 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD