F2,

2.8 is the latest version of Shazam.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Very interesting. I just ran "check for upgrade" from the settings menu and it says I have the latest! And since I got this from appworld a while ago and I don't really trust appworld..... Hmmm.
    04-12-11 11:44 PM
    Having a small problem with 5.4. Whenever ShortCutMe needs to access Manage Connections (ie WiFi/Bluetooth macros) all I get is either a white box where the options are or the box will show the shortcuts in the background. Macros will not run. Once the "box" opens, I can scroll using the trackpad and the options will show up. Using. 9700 running 5.0.0.979.

04-13-11 08:14 AM
    Having a small problem with 5.4. Whenever ShortCutMe needs to access Manage Connections (ie WiFi/Bluetooth macros) all I get is either a white box where the options are or the box will show the shortcuts in the background. Macros will not run. Once the "box" opens, I can scroll using the trackpad and the options will show up. Using. 9700 running 5.0.0.979.
    5.4 was released for 9700 last night. A thread is opened for that in the 9700 forum.
    Would it be possible to post this in that thread?

04-13-11 08:57 AM
    How can I try a demo?
    Sorry, demo/trial version of ShortcutMe is not offered anymore.

04-13-11 08:59 AM
    Back to Macro discussion which what this thread is about:

I am alpha testing another new macro that allows you to read a highlighted text into your macros and then use it either as a parameter (enter it into some fields, etc) or as a macro command name (that means if the highlighted text is a name for a macro command (with or without a parameter), it will be excecuted by ShortcutMe as a macro: Run-Time Macros).

A text can be highlighted before a macro shortcut is launched, or after a Prompt or Suspend macro is excecuted.

I plan to rap it up tonight and make it available to you to beta test.

04-13-11 09:08 AM
    It will be a full blown programming language soon - TERRIFIC!
    The biggest change in this new version (.110, the one you and others will be able to download soon) is that, in contrast to earlier versions, your macros can now check various things on the device and run a proper macro sets based on that.
    Macro's access to ClipBoard will also make a new way to communicate with the macros.
    These are all tools. How much this new change in macro feature can help creative Macro Developers is yet to be seen.

04-13-11 01:48 PM
    .110 is now ready for download from the beta link.

There are many new macros in .110

- If
    Example: ;If2;IsAppRunning Memopad;Then2;......;Else2;.....;EndIf2;

(You can have If sentence inside another one (different numbering), but make sure they don't partly overlap the other one)

- Then

- Else

- EndIf

- IsAppForeground
    Returns TRUE if an app is in foreground

- IsAppRunning
    Returns TRUE if an app is running

- IsCalling
    Returns TRUE if the BB is in active call

- ToCB
    Fills BlackBerry clipboard with a text (example ;ToCBThis text goes into clipboard

- IsCBEmpty
    Returns TRUE if clipboard is empty

- HighlightedToCB
    Reads the highlighted text in the window that is in forefront into the BlackBerry clipboard.

- PasteFromCB
    Pastes BlackBerry clipboard into the window (focused field) that is in forefront.

- ClipBoardText
    This one is not a macro, but wherever it is found in your macros, ShortcutMe will replace it with whatever that is in the BlackBerry ClipBorad at the time ShortcutMe comes so far to execute it (ClipBoardText)
    04-13-11 03:25 PM
    Wow.......
    04-13-11 03:56 PM
    The link I have says: 5.3.2.10, whereas About in SCM says 5.3.2.105

Ah, when I actually follow the link, it comes up as 110.
    04-13-11 06:09 PM
    I haven't updated the link text. But if you click the link, you should be able to see .110

04-13-11 06:19 PM
    Suggestion, allow to write macros on a line by line basis.

Instead of delay20;menukey;navmovedown3;navclick

Be able to write it as,
    Delay20;
    Menukey;
    Navmovedown3;
    Navclick;

And keep it as so. Right now, you can press enter, but in the actual macro editor and they won't get saved as so. Just suggesting this because with the new macros and possibly future ones, things will get messy and more complex, and it will be a pain to write and read macros written in one line, specially for the ifs one.

Another thing, the link still shows .105 on my side after I click on it. Is it just that screen and will it change once I install or it hasn't updated for touch devices?

I will probably comment on the new macros and suggest a few more things in a while, more on the organizational and aesthetics side.

04-13-11 07:26 PM
    Good idea. I will add it if possible.

After you click on one of the two links on the beta download page (link: http://.../.....53210) you see a page with Download button. Refresh that page, and you should see .110

04-13-11 07:51 PM
    A new version (.111) is on the beta link.

When you open the beta link, if you see the text "starting with 5.4.0.110", then you are on the correct page. Otherwise refresh the page.

The change in .111 is what gbsn asked:
    Macros field now allows to write macros on a line by line basis.
    04-13-11 10:27 PM
    Below is a macro that helps you to see how the new macros can be used.

A macro shortcut that does something if a text is highlighted when the shortcut is launched, but does nothing if no text is highlighted.

AppName: Macro
    Macros:
    Set OldCB=ClipBoardText; /*Sets OldCB variable to keep the current clipboard text*/
    ToCB; /*Clears the ClipBoard. It's clearing because there is nothing between the macro and ;*/
    HighlightedToCB; /*Copies the highlighted text (if any) to clipboard */
    If2;
    IsCBEmpty; /*Returns TRUE if clipboard is empty (no text was highlighted). (these test macros should be right after an If-Macro)*/
    Then2;
    ESCKey;
    ToCBOldCB; /*Restores the original value of clipboard*/
    Prompt No text was highlighted! Exiting. Click on No button;
    Stop;
    Else2;
    /*Do something here*/
    ToCBOldCB; /*Restores the original value of clipboard*/
    EndIf2; /*this can be omitted if it is at the end of the macros*/
    Last edited by Vijik; 04-14-11 at 05:49 AM.
    04-13-11 11:21 PM

Following macro does solve the problem you were seeing when a macro did ENDKey when you were on a call:

.... ;If2;IsCalling; Then2; ..... ;Else2; ENDKey;..... ;EndIf2; ....
    OK, I tried the following while NOT in a call (actual app being launched to background irrelevant):

Delay1000;
    If1;IsCalling; Then1;
    Launch Home Screen;
    Else1;
    ENDKey;
    EndIf1;

It appears to go to Home Screen regardless of whether a call is in progress. If I am in another app, but not in a call, the macro should fire and return to the app -- not the Home Screen. This is a VZW (CDMA) 9650, OS v6.0.0.431. Any thoughts?

Also, is the "Then" macro really necessary? It appears to be a superfluous step (unless you add AND, OR, XOR, NOT... operators, that is!).
    Last edited by visortgw; 04-14-11 at 08:08 AM.
    04-14-11 07:57 AM
    Your macro will "hit" the ENDKey if there is no active call.
    ENDKey could be the one taking you to the Home Screen.

Agree that "Then" macro doesn't do much. I added it to make macros easier to read and easier to understand.
    I am open to remove it if you all think If-sentence is fine without it.

04-14-11 08:28 AM
    Your macro will "hit" the ENDKey if there is no active call.
    ENDKey could be the one taking you to the Home Screen.

Agree that "Then" macro doesn't do much. I added it to make macros easier to read and easier to understand.
    I am open to remove it if you all think If-sentence is fine without it.

I am trying to cleanly launch TrapCall in the background about 5 minutes after boot. I opened another app in the (RIM Messages) foreground before launching the macro. Executing the macro should return to that app, not the Home Screen. If I manually bring TrapCall to the foreground using the App Switcher, manually pressing the end key returns to the next app behind it, not always the Home Screen.

I temporarily added a Prompt to the Else1 to verify path through the macro with and without a call in progress. It is definitely properly processing the IsCalling test properly, and hitting the Else1 condition when appropriate -- I am not sure why the ENDKey is not working properly...
    Last edited by visortgw; 04-14-11 at 09:45 AM.
    04-14-11 08:52 AM
    Good to know that IsCalling works as it should.

Regarding the ENDKey: I am not sure if I understand the problem.
    in your example, when the Messages is open, do you want your macros to "hit" the END key on Messages app, or on the Phone app?

04-14-11 10:32 AM
    Good to know that IsCalling works as it should.

Regarding the ENDKey: I am not sure if I understand the problem.
    in your example, when the Messages is open, do you want your macros to "hit" the END key on Messages app, or on the Phone app?

Sorry that I wasn't quite clear. Here's the scenario without ShortcutMe:

1. Messages app is in foreground -- TrapCall is already running in background.
    2. Use App Switcher to bring TrapCall from background to foreground.
    3. Press end key on phone.
    4. Result 1: TrapCall goes to background. (i.e., desired result based upon end key being pressed).
    5. Messages is now in foreground (i.e., desired result based upon end key being pressed).

Here's what happens in the ShortcutMe macro:

1. Messages app is in foreground -- TrapCall not running.
    2. Execute macro using left convenience key and shortcut.
    3. Macro: TrapCall launches in foreground, followed by Launch Home Screen (IsCalling = TRUE) or ENDKey (IsCalling = False).
    4. Result 1: TrapCall goes to background. (i.e., desired result based upon end key being pressed).
    5. Result 2: Home Screen is now in foreground, regardless of state of IsCalling and path through macro. (for whatever reason, ENDKey is not executing properly here).

Hopefully, you can follow this...

EDIT: It appears that .111 (from .105) may have changed the
    ENDKey behavior. The TrapCall macro Delay1000;ENDKey; behaves the same way (i.e., returning to the Home Screen, too).
    Last edited by visortgw; 04-14-11 at 11:30 AM.
    04-14-11 10:58 AM
    Sounds like TrapCall does detect a simulated ENDKey click but it does not "Consume" it. As a result the ENDKey, after closing TrapCall, is sent (By BB OS) to the next app inline, Messages, that closes and "Consumes" the ENDKey click simulation.

have you tried, just for testing, replace TrapCall with anothe app and see if ENDKey is doing its job correctly?

04-14-11 11:31 AM
    Sounds like TrapCall does detect a simulated ENDKey click but it does not "Consume" it. As a result the ENDKey, after closing TrapCall, is sent (By BB OS) to the next app inline, Messages, that closes and "Consumes" the ENDKey click simulation.

have you tried, just for testing, replace TrapCall with anothe app and see if ENDKey is doing its job correctly?

I had not, but now I have!

I tried replacing TrapCall with Skype mobile -- both behave the same. The ENDKey macro goes to Home Screen, and manually entering the end key works as I expect it to (and as previous versions of SCM have with the ENDKey macro).
    Last edited by visortgw; 04-14-11 at 11:48 AM.
    04-14-11 11:40 AM
    I tried the followings to see how END Key click behaves when it is clicked manually (No SCM at all):

Opened MemoPad, and then Calculator, then switched back to MemoPad using AppSwitcher (Alt ESC key).
    Clicked END Key manually,and it took me to the Home Screen.

I tried it on two different BBs, one with OS 6 and he other one with OS 5.

04-14-11 12:14 PM
    I tried the followings to see how END Key click behaves when it is clicked manually (No SCM at all):

Opened MemoPad, and then Calculator, then switched back to MemoPad using AppSwitcher (Alt ESC key).
    Clicked END Key manually,and it took me to the Home Screen.

I tried it on two different BBs, one with OS 6 and he other one with OS 5.

Try this:
    1. Open MemoPad, open Calculator using SCM (no macro), press end key. Result: goes back to MemoPad.
    2. Open MemoPad, open Calculator using SCM with macro (Delay1000;ENDKey;). Result: goes to Home Screen -- I believe that .105 and earlier would have gone back to MemoPad.

Behavior of #2 has changed. In fact, you and I discussed this earlier in the thread as the downside of using the Launch Home Screen as opposed to the ENDKey...
    04-14-11 12:30 PM
    I think our BBs are behaving differently on manual END key click.

When I do as you explained in your example 1, on 2 BBs that I have, the manual End key click takes me back to the Home Screen, while on your bb, it is closing only the forefront app.

Did you try my example (2 post above, #322: No use of SCM at all)?

04-14-11 12:58 PM
    Try this:
    1. Open MemoPad, open Calculator using SCM (no macro), press end key. Result: goes back to MemoPad.
    2. Open MemoPad, open Calculator using SCM with macro (Delay1000;ENDKey;). Result: goes to Home Screen -- I believe that .105 and earlier would have gone back to MemoPad.

Behavior of #2 has changed. In fact, you and I discussed this earlier in the thread as the downside of using the Launch Home Screen as opposed to the ENDKey...
    On the torch, endkey goes back to the homescreen no matter how many apps you have in foreground.
    Your on a 9650 with 6.431?
    Last edited by gbsn; 04-20-11 at 11:54 PM.
    04-14-11 01:50 PM
1,385 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD