This app just keeps evolving! I don't use half of the features that are available but it is nice to see such innovation.
    04-03-11 06:46 PM
    Thanks.

For those who sent email and are testing the new version:

New features:

1- Launch macro: Launches an app directly from the Macros in a shortcut.

Example:
    - Launch memopad (Launches MemoPad. Space between the app. name and Launch is ignored)
    - Launch memopad* (Launches MemoPad use Alternative Launching 1)
    - Launch memopad# (Alt. Launching 2)
    - Launch memopad_BG (Brings MemoPad to forefront MemoPad it is already running in the background.)

2- Increased # of scheduled launching items from 4 to 10. (Schedule up to 10 different shortcuts to run at a specific time of the day).

3- Week Days setting for each of the 10 Scheduled Launching shortcuts (1=Monday, ...,7=Sunday)

4- Added the followings to the ShortcutMe Functions:
    - SCM_CommonConfig,
    - SCM_ScheduledL,
    - SCM_SystemMenu,
    - SCM_AddNewApp,
    - SCM_DirectLaunch
    (Create a shortcut, a System Menu, or a MultiClick shortcut to quickly access Common Config page, Scheduled Launching section and Custom System Menu section in Common Config page?)

5- A new menu item to change color for all the shortcuts in a category at once.

6- Removed the followings from the ShortcutMe Function list because they can easily be made using macros:
    - Options_Sub2Page, (Replacement: AppName:Options, Macros:NavMoveDownX;NavClick;NavMoveDownY;NavClick )
    - Options_SubPage, (Replacement: AppName:Options, Macros:NavMoveDownX;NavClick)
    - Bluetooth_Toggle, (Replacement: AppName:Manage Connections, Macros:NavMoveDownX;NavClick;Delay200;ESCKey)
    - AirPlaneMode_Toggle (Replacement: AppName:Manage Connections, Macros:NavMoveDownX;NavClick;Delay200;ESCKey)

Please try these new features and let me know if you see a bug or if you have comments/requests.

Thanks
    Last edited by Vijik; 04-04-11 at 07:24 PM.
    04-03-11 10:49 PM
    Suspend and prompt macros are not working for me, all permissions enabled and syntax has been checked. Prompt macro does output the message window, but does not continue after pressing the conv key. Same for suspend, it just stops.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-11 12:36 AM
    Suspend and prompt macros are not working for me, all permissions enabled and syntax has been checked. Prompt macro does output the message window, but does not continue after pressing the conv key. Same for suspend, it just stops.
    Working on fixing it. Should be fixed by today.
    I know you are using those 2 macros very often. If you want you can downgrade by using the Updates menu item in ShortcutMe.

04-04-11 01:24 PM
    Thanks.

For those who sent email and are testing the new version:

New features:

1- Launch macro: Launches an app directly from the Macros in a shortcut.

Example:
    - Launch memopad (Launches MemoPad. Space between the app. name and Launch is ignored)
    - Launch memopad* (Launches MemoPad use Alternative Launching 1)
    - Launch memopad# (Alt. Launching 2)
    - Launch memopad_BG (Brings MemoPad to forefront MemoPad it is already running in the background.)

2- Increased # of scheduled launching items from 4 to 10. (Schedule up to 10 different shortcuts to run at a specific time of the day).

3- Week Days setting for each of the 10 Scheduled Launching shortcuts (1=Monday, ...,7=Sunday)

4- Added the followings to the ShortcutMe Functions:
    - SCM_CommonConfig,
    - SCM_ScheduledL,
    - SCM_SystemMenu,
    - SCM_AddNewApp,
    - SCM_DirectLaunch
    (Create a shortcut, a System Menu, or a MultiClick shortcut to quickly access Common Config page, Scheduled Launching section and Custom System Menu section in Common Config page?)

5- A new menu item to change color for all the shortcuts in a category at once.

6- Removed the followings from the ShortcutMe Function list because they can easily be made using macros:
    - Options_Sub2Page, (Replacement: AppName:Options, Macros:NavMoveDownX;NavClick;NavMoveDownY;NavClick )
    - Options_SubPage, (Replacement: AppName:Options, Macros:NavMoveDownX;NavClick)
    - Bluetooth_Toggle, (Replacement: AppName:Manage Connections, Macros:NavMoveDownX;NavClick)
    - AirPlaneMode_Toggle (Replacement: AppName:Manage Connections, Macros:NavMoveDownX;NavClick)

Please try these new features and let me know if you see a bug or if you have comments/requests.

Thanks

- Bluetooth_Toggle, (Replacement: AppName:Manage Connections, Macros:NavMoveDownX;NavClick)

Awesome. The toggle use to stay open before. Works great
    04-04-11 02:07 PM
    elmejor1009, I just checked the macros I had in my post for replacing the Bluettoth_Toggle. Manage Connection doesn't close after macros are all excecuted. (Me bad again, by not checking those macros that I received from an alpha tester)

I will add following macros to the end of macros for Bluetooth and Airplane Mode toggle:
    Delay200;ENDKey

04-04-11 03:07 PM
    Suspend and Prompt macros work fine for all BBs without touch screen.
    I found the bug that effected ShortcutMe_Touch.
    Will let you know when a new version it is ready for download.

elmejor1009 likes this.
    04-04-11 03:15 PM
    elmejor1009, I just checked the macros I had in my post for replacing the Bluettoth_Toggle. Manage Connection doesn't close after macros are all excecuted. (Me bad again, by not checking those macros that I received from an alpha tester)

I will add following macros to the end of macros for Bluetooth and Airplane Mode toggle:
    Delay200;ENDKey

Instead of End key I used Esc Key. The End key leaves the manage connections open in the background. Esc key closes it. Worked like a charm.
    04-04-11 03:16 PM
    Instead of End key I used Esc Key. The End key leaves the manage connections open in the background. Esc key closes it. Worked like a charm.
    Good to know that it is working on your BB.

On BB OS 6 it is the other way around (ESCKey doesn't close it but ENDKey does).
    This is the nice thing about macros. Users are able to get things working on new BB OS instead of waiting for developer to fix the problem.
    04-04-11 04:51 PM
    On the torch & 9700 with os6, esckey closes manage connections, while endkey leaves it running.

04-04-11 06:27 PM
    Okay.

I did add
    Delay200;ESCKey
    to the end of macros for Bluetooth and Airplane Mode toggle.

gbsn, did you try Prompt and Suspend macros on your Torch?
    04-04-11 07:27 PM
    Last night I edited post # 2 in this thread (page 1) to have a link to posts with macros in this thread.
    Let me know if I missed something or if you have other useful macros to share.
    04-04-11 07:30 PM
    On 5.3.2.103 its still showing only 4 items for scheduled launching :[, even when all are used up.

Also there is something weird with macro usage when launching any of the new SCM_ functions, for example i cant change shortcut sorting because delays are weirding out, its like they are coming to play before any of the other macros preceding them. Menuitemfrom doesnt work in there either and navmovedowns weird out with navclicks, but seem to work with keys.

Example,
    app name: scm_commongconfig
    macros:
    delay600;
    navmovedown24;
    delay10000; //example delay
    navclick;

The 10 second delay comes into play before the navmovedown24. Also, navclick does not navclick on the field but somewhere else on the page popping the short menu in os6. If i use keyd instead, it ends up somewhere down in scheduled launching.
    Its like navmoves by themselves need more movements to get somewhere, but when used with a succeeding key it does move the correct amount.

Then,
    app name: scm_commongconfig
    macros:
    delay600;
    navmovedown15;
    delay300;
    keyd;

ends where it has to and does change the menu option, but if i use esckey and navclick again after it craps out and doesnt work. If i use keys instead of keyd (to set it to shortcut sorting), it jumps to "set application permissions".
    Last edited by gbsn; 04-05-11 at 05:40 AM.
    04-05-11 01:36 AM
    Sadly after updating to os 562 on my torch scm has stopped recognising my registration code - can I get a code that works?

04-05-11 02:12 AM
    Since there have been a few users making threads on how to stop emails from a specific email account from reaching the blackberry without deleting the account from the device, i made an example. So, if you have SCM and want to disable an email account at work/home, you can use this with an scheduler or something, but make sure the device is not locked.

~~~~Torch OS6~~~~
    Description: enabling/disabling email accounts without deletion using filters.

AppName: messages
    Macros:
    menukey;
    keyo;
    //letter O, not number zero "0", sets cursor at options
    delay100;
    navclick;
    //clicks options
    delay50;
    navmovedown4;
    //selects email account management
    delay200;
    navclick;
    suspend;
    //suspend so email account manager loads, then you can continue using the conv key
    delay50;
    menukey;
    spkeyf;
    //selects filters, spkey just in case, found that sometimes keyf wouldnt work out
    navclick;
    delay4000;
    //high delay so filter screen loads
    navmovedown2;
    //moves down to do not forward to device
    navclick;
    //chooses do not forward to device
    navmovedown1;
    //moves down to save
    navclick;
    //clicks save
    delay400;
    keyPASSWORD;
    //keys your email password to save changes
    enterkey;
    //nextline
    enterkey;
    //nextline
    enterkey;
    //presses ok
    delay4000;
    //high delay so changes save
    esckey;
    delay20;
    esckey;
    delay20;
    esckey;

To make it an enable forwarding macro (so you can get emails) (opposite of disable lol), just change the orange number above to 1 and 2 respectively, ending up with:
    navmovedown1; //moves down to forward to device
    navclick;
    //chooses forward to device
    navmovedown2;
    //moves down to save

This macro example is assuming you have only one email, or want to apply the filter to the first email on the list. If you want to apply it to other emails, just use a navmovedowny
    , where y is the number to move, right before the menukey;spkeyf part.

It also assumes that you dont have any other "allow" filters, otherwise these will get through, but the rest of the emails wont.
    May probably want to previously create an allowance filter for family and then set do not forward to device if not filters apply, so emails from family get through, but the rest dont.

If you so desire, you can use a high delay instead of the suspend, but you will need a really high one 12000+ (12 seconds) since email account management sometimes takes a bit to load. Make sure you dont have any other menu entries that start with "O" between message options and where the cursor initially is, otherwise it will end up somewhere else.
    Last edited by gbsn; 04-05-11 at 08:35 AM.
    elmejor1009 likes this.
    04-05-11 06:02 AM
    On 5.3.2.103 its still showing only 4 items for scheduled launching :[, even when all are used up.

Also there is something weird with macro usage when launching any of the new SCM_ functions, for example i cant change shortcut sorting because delays are weirding out, its like they are coming to play before any of the other macros preceding them.
    I found and fixed the issue with config page only showing 4 scheduled launch items (this bug only effects the SCM for BBs with touch screen), but I wait with putting it on the beta link until I fix the other bugs too.

Have you seen this strange behavior of macros in the previous version you had? If the answer is no, do you remember what version you had before upgrading to this beta version?
    (I need to find a working version and try to find out what has been changed in this beta version that causes this problem).

04-05-11 07:54 AM
    Sadly after updating to os 562 on my torch scm has stopped recognising my registration code - can I get a code that works?
    If your license key worked for the SCM version you have, then it should also work now after you have upgraded your BB OS.

Make sure you are using the same license key as you used before. If you have restored your shortcuts from micro SD card you might have loaded an old license key valid for, for example, SCM 4.
    If you are sure that you are using your latest and valid license key, then try this to fix the problem:
    - Remove a digit from the license key in the Common Config page.
    - Save it and exit SCM.
    - Do a battery pull restart.
    - Launch SCM, add that digit back to the license key
    - Save and exit SCM.
    - Try now and see if you can run one of your shortcuts.

If none of the above works, send email to support at shortcutme dot com and let me know what you see as 1, 2, 3 and 4 on the second panel that is shown to you when SCM complains about invalid license key.

04-05-11 08:04 AM
    gbsn, I just noticed that, in your example, you tried to run ShortcutMe macros on ShortcutMe itself.
    That is not a supported mode and it is no wonder if macros behave strange. I will add a text for macros to warn users about that.

I am working on a new app, and when that app is ready, you can use it to run macros on ShortcutMe.

04-05-11 08:26 AM
    gbsn, I just noticed that, in your example, you tried to run ShortcutMe macros on ShortcutMe itself.
    That is not a supported mode and it is no wonder if macros behave strange. I will add a text for macros to warn users about that.

I am working on a new app, and when that app is ready, you can use it to run macros on ShortcutMe.

Oh, i knew it couldnt run regular macros on itself, but since you implemented these new functions which allowed SCM to open itself, i thought i might as well try it :b. If that wasnt the purpose in the first place, then ignore all i said. Im just macroing everything i can hahaha.
    Last edited by gbsn; 04-05-11 at 09:12 AM.
    04-05-11 08:29 AM
    Thanks.

I had requested a while back about the possibility of scheduled launch some delta time following device boot. My goal would be to wait to auto launch a resource intensive background process (e.g., Skype) after the device has had time to quiesce following boot. Is that a possibility?

Thanks.
    Last edited by visortgw; 04-05-11 at 08:48 AM.
    04-05-11 08:41 AM
    gbsn, Nothing wrong with testing.

FYI: The Delay macro is a thread (running for itself) in ShortcutMe. You might be able to run other macros on ShortcutMe but Delay will probably not work correctly on shortcutMe itself.

Those new functions (SCM_xxxx) are made to make it faster to open and jump to a particular part of ShortcutMe. They kind of replace the need for adding new Views (the one you requested for Custom System Menu and Scheduled Launch Shortcuts).
    I have personally setup SCM_ScheduleL and SCM_CommonConfig as double and triple click shortcuts in ShortcutMe.

Last edited by Vijik; 04-05-11 at 09:09 AM.
    04-05-11 08:53 AM
    I found a solution for scheduled resets for Verizon users. I'm running OS 5, so I'm not sure if the macro may be a little different for other operating systems.

SENDKey;Delay800;Keyqq000000;SENDKey;Delay800;NavM oveDown17;Keyvzw;MENUKey;Keys;NavClick;

Then just schedule it in the Common Config menu. Beats having to pay for an app that would do the same.

Wow! And it's an immediate reset, too! FYI, this also works for OS v6.
    Last edited by visortgw; 04-05-11 at 09:10 AM.
    04-05-11 09:08 AM
    If your license key worked for the SCM version you have, then it should also work now after you have upgraded your BB OS.

Make sure you are using the same license key as you used before. If you have restored your shortcuts from micro SD card you might have loaded an old license key valid for, for example, SCM 4.
    If you are sure that you are using your latest and valid license key, then try this to fix the problem:
    - Remove a digit from the license key in the Common Config page.
    - Save it and exit SCM.
    - Do a battery pull restart.
    - Launch SCM, add that digit back to the license key
    - Save and exit SCM.
    - Try now and see if you can run one of your shortcuts.

If none of the above works, send email to support at shortcutme dot com and let me know what you see as 1, 2, 3 and 4 on the second panel that is shown to you when SCM complains about invalid license key.

Thanks - my key seems to be for my bold. I cannot find my torch key. I have sent you the email already but I will send it again

04-05-11 11:24 AM
    I had requested a while back about the possibility of scheduled launch some delta time following device boot. My goal would be to wait to auto launch a resource intensive background process (e.g., Skype) after the device has had time to quiesce following boot. Is that a possibility?

Thanks.
    I think this is possible. I try to add it. Let you know.

04-05-11 12:33 PM
    I think this is possible. I try to add it. Let you know.

While you're looking at that one, here's something a little more obscure, but related. Is there any possibility of killing a background task shortly after boot? I use YouMail, and its BlackBerry app is a resource hog during device boot. I would like to kill it shortly after boot (before the device UI is available) and later restart it once the device has fully initialized, possibly using the requested "scheduled launch some delta time following device boot" capability.
    04-05-11 12:53 PM
1,385 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD