In OS5 the cursor is just left wherever it was. I tried manually over scrolling and the screen didn't change. in my browser if you hit 'u' It goes to full screen. Hit it again and it goes back to normal. I use the enterkey on the second page. It won't work on the first because the text is already there. Thanks for letting me know about suspend. I guess that's in one of the beta versions. It would be great if there was a macro to wait for the page to be fully loaded instead of guessing delay or needing further input.
    Of course it would be best if BofA just had a proper app. Even if I could gain access via pageonce or mobile banking. I think it might be easier to write a macro to text banking and get balance and last transactions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-11 07:30 AM
    I made a shortcut to text BofA for BAL, HIST, MORE and MORE. That gives me the last nine transactions. Much easier and quicker to get that information than their mobile site. To see those transactions, I have to go through 7 web pages. Kind of silly actually.
    03-04-11 11:30 AM
    ~~Torch OS6~~ SCM version 5.3.0.2b+
    Description:
    Redesigned mobihand autofill example. This time, it doesnt matter where the cursor was before, it will be placed right at the form fields.

Can be used as a macro,
    or as a launcher using the browser as app and the parameter "http:// mobihand .com/mobile/myAccountMobile.asp"
    remove the spaces before and after mobihand in the url

Macros:
    suspend; //if using it as a browser launcher, otherwise not needed
    delay200;
    navmoveleft360; //moves left to the maximum number of pixels
    navmoveup480; //moves up to the maximum number of pixels
    navmovedown200;
    //moves down to form field's level
    navmoveright100;
    //moves right to get into the form field
    delay100;
    navclick;
    key username;
    //your username or email
    esckey;
    navmovedown55;
    navclick;
    key password;
    //your password
    enterkey;

Wait until the website loads and press the convenience key assigned to SCM. The macros underlined should be used in every website autofill if you dont want to worry about cursor placement. Upper left corner is usually best as websites start from left to right and top to bottom, so that corner will always be fixed. Otherwise, using bottom corners may not work in long pages.

Thanks to schrochem, im using his idea of using the screen corner as a fixed start place for the cursor, so if you want to load the site in the current window, you dont have to worry if you moved the cursor as it will get to the input field anyways. And, dont worry about the navmoves causing a higher delay, you probably wont notice them as they happen really quick.

For others devices like like the 9700,9600, series you can use 480 for navmoveleft and 360 for navmoveup, or even higher number as long as the browser doesnt bug out.
    Last edited by gbsn; 04-05-11 at 12:58 AM.
    03-05-11 01:32 AM
    Hi,
    I would like to attach a photo to be taken with my phone camera to an email I set shortcutme to compose, and on my Torch 9800, the menu item to attach a file is item 12, but there is a submenu to choose camera (first item of the submenu). Can someone show me how to get this done?
    May I also ask how to decide on how many milliseconds delay in your macro?
    03-24-11 06:38 AM
    Hi,
    Another question, when I used Shortcutme 5.0, I have a App name Msg_Email to parameter email address with the email Subject Hello, the macros looked like this, KeyHello;NavMoveDown1; KeyDear friend,......
    But when I upgrade to ver 5.3, the macro stops with a cursor at the Subject: but the word Hello and the rest of the text did not appear. What's the problem?
    03-24-11 07:13 AM
    Hi,
    I would like to attach a photo to be taken with my phone camera to an email I set shortcutme to compose, and on my Torch 9800, the menu item to attach a file is item 12, but there is a submenu to choose camera (first item of the submenu). Can someone show me how to get this done?
    May I also ask how to decide on how many milliseconds delay in your macro?
    ~~~Torch OS6~~~ SCM 5.3.1
    Description: example macro for composing an email, taking a picture and have it attached. This is just composing an email, no putting down the name of the contact or anything.

AppName: messages
    Macro:
    spkeyc; //after messages open, pressing C triggers compose, using spkey instead of key
    delay100;
    menukey;
    //brings up the menu
    keya;
    //pressing A in the menu puts you in "attach"
    delay200;
    navclick;
    //after attach is highlighted, you click to get in submenu
    delay50;
    navclick;
    //highlighted option is already picture, just click
    navmoveup1;
    //moves up to highlight camera
    delay200;
    navclick;
    //clicks on camera to get into camera
    delay3000;
    //high delay for opening the camera
    enterkey;
    //using enter to take the picture
    delay4500;
    //high delay to return to the email screen
    navclick;
    //clicks on the confirmation dialog for attachment

The // are just comments, dont copy that.
    The compose screen in SCM is bugged for me also, macros don't work on it if i use msg_email, they start working after I close that screen. My guess is, it doesn't work because SCM is still open in these kind of macro functions, its not the native msg application being launched, its like an instance of it within SCM. The same happens when creating a new memopad, its not the native memo app being launched, its an instance under SCM and SCM is still active in the background. The developer hasn't posted in a while, so I don't see this getting fixed too soon.

Last edited by gbsn; 04-05-11 at 01:00 AM.
    spinewong likes this.
    03-24-11 07:26 AM
    Hi,
    Another question, when I used Shortcutme 5.0, I have a App name Msg_Email to parameter email address with the email Subject Hello, the macros looked like this, KeyHello;NavMoveDown1; KeyDear friend,......
    But when I upgrade to ver 5.3, the macro stops with a cursor at the Subject: but the word Hello and the rest of the text did not appear. What's the problem?
    gbsn is correct. Some of the New appnames are using BB OS API to create a new item (email, etc), and therefore they halt SCM until you create that new item and then save/exit.

To avoid that, and to achieve what you want to do, move everything to macro. That means in your case:
    Replace
    AppName: Msg_email
    with
    AppName: Messages and Macros: Deley200;SpKeyc

Now add your macros to the end of the macro above.

Last edited by Vijik; 03-25-11 at 05:58 PM.
    03-24-11 01:13 PM
    I am working on adding conditional macros (if,then,else) to ShortcutMe!

03-24-11 03:38 PM
    5.4 beta?

03-25-11 07:39 AM
    5.4 beta?
    Good idea. I will prepare something and then start beta.

I also have plans to add a new macro called Launch
    It can launch an app from within the macros.

Last edited by Vijik; 03-25-11 at 05:59 PM.
    03-25-11 12:47 PM
    Good idea. I will prepare something and then start beta.

I alos have plans to add a new macro called Launch
    It can launch an app from within the macros.

Let me know when you do, I have a few ideas to suggest and retouch.

03-25-11 03:26 PM
    Okay, after lots of futzing with DELAYS, I think I've got one that opens BerryWeather and shows a specific radar image (or other image - I've got an image that shows a traffic congestion map).

The basic problem was if you have a series of Cities setup, the macro would operate from the last one you viewed. So you (well, I needed) to get back to a known position (city) and then move to the one where you want to show that radar or other image.

I decided that I would move to the extreme left or first city locale and then move right to city I want to show. I think I added a number of move LEFTS to get me to the first city but timing seems to be an issue in BerryWeather (nav left x positions did not work). So it required a series of navleft/delay to get to the first position and then a deley and nav right to start getting the radar or image

Here's my go:

NavMoveLeft2;Delay300;NavMoveLeft2;Delay300;NavMov eLeft2;Delay300;NavMoveLeft2;Delay300;NavMoveLeft2 ;Delay300;NavMoveLeft2;Delay300;NavMoveLeft2;Delay 300;NavMoveRight1;Delay300;Keyd;Delay2;Keyw;

Okay, the nav/delay is explained. You wind up at the first city, now my HOME city is second position, so once, at first, move right once. I'm now on the City's weather display.

To see the list of radar or image choices, you press D, and then if you have more than one image, you need to press a LETTERKEY that corresponds with the number of the image i.e. "W" key corresponds with the (second image since BW uses ZERO/0 to be the first image (those programmers with 0 being a position.)

I played with delays and while more tweaking downward might speed it up, that's where I've rested so far.

I will gladly accept any improvements.

Vijik: Is there a way to quickly copy a shortcut and then just assign it to a new key-combo so I don't have to redo it all for variations on a theme? Then I could tweak it after copied.

edited to add: I am having trouble getting consistent results. I'm trying to get to images on my 3rd location. Using the moveleft as above but then moveright an additional time, does not always result in being in 3rd location. Even though it is moving ALL they way left (1st location.)
    Last edited by F2; 03-26-11 at 03:43 PM.
    03-26-11 01:03 PM
    Okay, I decided to leave the longish explanation above but....

I've since discovered (playing with the keyboard) that BW responds to T and B, as in some other BB apps for Top and bottom. So T brings BW to the first locale and B the last. That saves a lot of moveleft actions. Then I changed the delays to 1300 and then moverightS to get to the next, etc locales.

It does not appear that the nav lefts and rights with X as the number value greater than 1, work in BW.

And, again, anyone have some additional ideas on this concept?

Oh, I had ignored the macro ability until this morning even though I've used macros to simplify life since my Osborne computer back in the dark days of computing (sniff - I still miss Smartkeys!!!!)
    03-26-11 04:44 PM
    F2, to answer your question regarding copying a shortcut: It doesn't exist yet, but I will add it.

In the mean time, if you want to create a new shortcut based on an existing one, you can copy (Start Selection menu item) the Macros field (the one that is usually long) and paste it in the new shortcut.
    (Currently you can't copy the macros if you are in the Macro Editor because I didn't want the menu for that editor to be crowded with Copy/Paste, etc menu items).
    Last edited by Vijik; 03-27-11 at 06:49 AM.
    03-26-11 05:59 PM
    Thanks for considering adding a "copy" macro ability. There have been other occasions where I've wanted to pretty much duplicate a macro to tweak it a bit.

I did notice the absence of copy/paste from the macro editor and I had already done what you suggested.

Thanks for the program.

(by the way, I'm the guy whose screen goes white when I press the ZERO key and enter a letter to search. It still happens with the latest version but does appear to be theme related. I'm one of those OS5.x holdouts, too.)
    03-27-11 12:00 AM
    Okay, I decided to leave the longish explanation above but....

I've since discovered (playing with the keyboard) that BW responds to T and B, as in some other BB apps for Top and bottom. So T brings BW to the first locale and B the last. That saves a lot of moveleft actions. Then I changed the delays to 1300 and then moverightS to get to the next, etc locales.

It does not appear that the nav lefts and rights with X as the number value greater than 1, work in BW.

And, again, anyone have some additional ideas on this concept?

Oh, I had ignored the macro ability until this morning even though I've used macros to simplify life since my Osborne computer back in the dark days of computing (sniff - I still miss Smartkeys!!!!)
    The navmoves do not work like regular navmoves because the trackpad does not even work like the normal trackpad in a regular menu when in berryweather's locations screen. Think about it this way, navmove is moving your finger through the trackpad continuously. If you move your whole finger through the trackpad in berryweather, it wont move through all the locations, it will just move to the next and then either over extend the frame or do nothing at all, but it wont move to the next weather location.
    I just tried it, ran my whole index finger from the knuckle to the tip and it just swaped to the next location, but didnt move to the next and next. You actually have to lift the finger from the trackpad and then swipe again. Same happens with the navmoves, you have to stop the navmove, then start it again, just using a value of 1 is enough to move through berryweather's locations.

For more convenience, when you are in berryweather, and you press m in the main screen, it gives you the choice to move the city weather frame through the list of cities. So you can place your home location in the first lot, by pressing m, moving it there and pressing the trackpad. It would be the most rational tip, since home is usually the most accessed city, and you should have them by order of importance, under regular circumstances.

Edit:
    The macro you posted is fine, using T for top and B for bottom will shorten it a lot. And disabling animations and drop shadows in berryweather will decrease the delay time by a bit, probably by a 100 miliseconds.
    Actually, i used the same delays as you (300) in most parts except for pressing d and in the radar menu. With animations, drop shadows and reflections disabled, i can use delays of 50ms easily.

An alternative way to launch a specific place radar would be to use berryweather's "place location in home screen" function. It will place an icon directly in the home screen and when clicked, it opens the location quickly. So if your universal search doesnt index everything on device (i have mine to just index the home screen), you can launch that specific location radar's map slightly faster than when using berryweather with all the graphic beauty enabled, but using berryweather without animations works faster.

Description: macro to access the third location (left to right) in berryweather with animations, drop shadows and reflections disabled.

AppName: berryweather
    Macros:
    delay50; //delay when bw starts
    keyt;
    //goes to top (1st item)
    delay50;
    navmoveright1;
    //moves to second location
    delay50;
    navmoveright1;
    //moves to third location
    delay50;
    keyd;
    //enters radar maps list
    delay50;
    key0;
    //enters map, could also use navclick as i only have one radar map

With all the animations and crap enabled,

Macros:
    delay300; //delay when bw starts
    keyt;
    //goes to top (1st item)
    delay300;
    navmoveright1;
    //moves to second location
    delay300;
    navmoveright1;
    //moves to third location
    delay200;
    keyd;
    //enters radar maps list
    delay150;
    key0;
    //enters map, could also use navclick as i only have one radar map

I would always use t (top) as the starting place, since its always fixed. Using b is only good if you want to access the last item, using it as start point will screw up if you add a new location, you would have to change the macro.

I guess i'll be using berryweather without animations from now on, not because SCM works faster, but because the whole interface works faster lol. Its quite heavy with all the beauty enabled, now that i compare it. Plus there is a higher chance the macro will fail if the device lags slightly using animations, because even with delay300 it tends to bug out sometimes.
    Last edited by gbsn; 04-05-11 at 01:03 AM.
    03-27-11 12:14 AM
    Can I make an icon that launches a scm macro.
    For example

A cascade seriesof shortcuts that close apps. Can I now launch this from an icon off the main apps screen, that I later could move to s touch screen hotspot?

03-27-11 04:30 AM
    Thanks for considering adding a "copy" macro ability. There have been other occasions where I've wanted to pretty much duplicate a macro to tweak it a bit.

I did notice the absence of copy/paste from the macro editor and I had already done what you suggested.

Thanks for the program.

(by the way, I'm the guy whose screen goes white when I press the ZERO key and enter a letter to search. It still happens with the latest version but does appear to be theme related. I'm one of those OS5.x holdouts, too.)
    You're very welcome.
    So you still can't use the DirectLaunch of ShortcutMe? I think it was also related to a monitoring/backup program that was running in the background. When that monitoring program was disabled Direct Launch mode worked fine. Is that correct?
    03-27-11 06:53 AM
    The macro you posted is fine, using T for top and B for bottom will shorten it a lot.
    Macros:
    -------------------------
    delay50; //delay when bw starts
    keyt; //goes to top (1st item)
    delay50;
    navmoveright1; //moves to second location
    delay50;
    navmoveright1; //moves to third location
    delay50;
    keyd; //enters radar maps list
    delay50;
    key0; //enters map, could also use navclick as i only have one radar map
    You are not very far from becoming CrackBerry Master (after 1000 CB posts) but you are, with no doubt, already a Macro Master!

Correct. When writing macros, it is very wise to take advantage of the original shortcuts in the target application. Current macros should cover all that is needed to simulate shortcut inputs in a target app.
    Last edited by Vijik; 03-27-11 at 07:36 AM.
    03-27-11 07:06 AM
    Can I make an icon that launches a scm macro.
    For example

A cascade seriesof shortcuts that close apps. Can I now launch this from an icon off the main apps screen, that I later could move to s touch screen hotspot?

Currently, you can launch that shortcut from BB System Menu, multiple clicking a Convenience key (or Space key), or entering its shortcut in ShortcutMe.

You will, within the next month, also be able to launch that (or any other ShortcutMe) shortcut from a dedicated icon in the BB Home Screen.
    03-27-11 07:42 AM
    Complete newbie here. I downloaded Shortcuts, activated it and assigned it to the two convenience keys. When I launch it, however, it comes up as just a line at the bottom of the screen (not the full view as shown on the website). I saw a reference to a reduced and full view of the program. I'm assuming I must be in reduced view, can someone tell me how to get into full view?

Also, despite assigning the left convenience key to Shortcuts, Vlingo still launches with a press on the left key (as well as Shortcuts). I could go in and disable Vlingo from the left convenience key, but then I stomped how to use it. Anyone have a macro for using Vlingo?

I want to be able to kill background processes. Thanks.
    03-27-11 07:52 AM
    Complete newbie here. I downloaded Shortcuts, activated it and assigned it to the two convenience keys. When I launch it, however, it comes up as just a line at the bottom of the screen (not the full view as shown on the website). I saw a reference to a reduced and full view of the program. I'm assuming I must be in reduced view, can someone tell me how to get into full view?

Also, despite assigning the left convenience key to Shortcuts, Vlingo still launches with a press on the left key (as well as Shortcuts). I could go in and disable Vlingo from the left convenience key, but then I stomped how to use it. Anyone have a macro for using Vlingo?

I want to be able to kill background processes. Thanks.
    ShortcutMe window will adjust itself based on the number of Shortcuts you have. When you create/add new shortcuts, the window becomes taller to be able to show more shortcuts.

You can override the above mentioned behavior if you select and enable a wallpaper for ShortcutMe. Wallpapers can be downloaded, selected and enabled in Common Config page of ShortcutMe (SCM>Menu/BB key>Common Config).

ShortcutMe can be launched from System Menu or by clicking a Hot Key in the BB Home Screen.

You have 2 conv keys on your 9780. Can you assign one to Vlingo (Or to Nothing if Vlingo requires it) and the other to ShortcutMe?
    BB Musketeers likes this.
    03-27-11 08:06 AM
    Suprah,it would be nice if you could add some of the hints and macros (posted in this thread) into your original post so that those who look into learning about macros could, instead of going through so many posts, read the first post and learn enough to start writing their own macros.

If you want I can help you with the text/format.
    03-27-11 09:39 AM
    The navmoves do not work like regular navmoves because the trackpad does not even work like the normal trackpad in a regular menu when in berryweather's locations screen.
    [/COLOR] [/COLOR]
    Hey, thanks for the info and macro. That helps. I did think BW, due to the way it displayed and moved between locales, was a bit different. I only accidently discovered the T/B stuff by pressing keys. I even went to their site to see if there were another other keystroke shortcuts listed. I think I have it working reasonably well - I have a number of "radar" maps so I've made a series of macros for it. My "radar" maps are actually, as noted, a traffic congestion map, a few photos of mountain passes from WSDOT, even two video links and a weather-radio audio. Those last ones open the browser and then the media player. So I may have to play and tweak a bunch to get the Delays right for multiple second (not millisecond) delays.

Again, thanks.
    03-27-11 09:58 AM
    You're very welcome.
    So you still can't use the DirectLaunch of ShortcutMe? I think it was also related to a monitoring/backup program that was running in the background. When that monitoring program was disabled Direct Launch mode worked fine. Is that correct?
    You know at my age, asking me to remember what the root of the issue was may be pushing my envelope. I actually don't remember the cause, only that we discussed it a while ago. It works after a fashion. Bring up SCM, press 0 (zero) and I'm still looking at the SCM Menu/list. But as soon as I press a letter to initiate a search, F for instance, the entire screen turns WHITE (or blank) and nothing shows. When I then press a second letter, the list of programs with those two letters shows....

BUT DISCOVERY ... since I was doing those steps and typing this reply - surprise - the screen UNblanked. All the F programs showed up. So the delay in putting down the Bold and typing here, allowed the screen to "redraw" Doing it a second time resulted in the same. So, yup, something I've got running is "blanking" the screen.

Timing of the reappearance of the program list seems to vary. Odd. I will keep looking at it.
    03-27-11 10:28 AM
1,385 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD