Can you please summarize what is actually happening in this macro? It is hard to follow because
    1. I use OS 5, not OS 6 ; and
    2. I have several additions to the Options "app" due to third-party apps.
    Thanks!
    --AppName: Options
    --Parameter:
    --macros: navmovedown5;navclick;delay200;navclick;delay200;n avmovedown2;navclick;MenuItemFromTop1;navclick;esc key;navclick;esckey;esckey;esckey
    --Display Name: ananymous call
    --Shortcut Chars: AC
    --Strokes: ASDFC
    --Color: Default

- navmovedown5;navclick; (Selects "Call Management" in Options page (OS 6))

- delay200;navclick; (Selects "In-Call Settings")

- delay200;navmovedown2;navclick; (Opens the selection for "Restrict My Identity")

- MenuItemFromTop1;navclick; (Selects "Always" from the options for "Restrict My Identity" )

- esckey;navclick; (Saves the change)

- esckey;esckey;esckey (Exits all pages and closes Options)

(With the new version 5.2.0.5 that has a workaround for BB Search, your macro can open "In-Call Settings" directly by searching for it: (keyIn call) )
    Last edited by Vijik; 12-09-10 at 01:25 AM.
    12-09-10 01:22 AM
    ~~~~Torch OS6~~~~
    Description: This works on the torch, for people that want to disable the shutter sound from the camera while taking pictures using phone and voicemail. You need to create three shortcuts, two of them are for apps and one is for cascading the previous two. The shortcut for calling voicemail assumes your initial view of phone is call logs.

1-)Create a shortcut to call voicemail.
    AppName: phone
    Shortcut: pvm //this is an example, it can be anything you want
    Macro:
    navmoveup1; //sets cursor in field to write phone number
    menukey;
    navmovedown1;
    //selects call voice mail
    delay50;
    navclick;

2-)Create a shortcut for the camera.
    AppName: camera
    Shortcut: c //this is an example, it can be anything you want

3-)Create a cascaded shortcut
    AppName: cascadedshortcuts
    Shortcut: cm //this is an example, it can be anything you want
    Parameter: pvm;c //use the shortcut for dialing voicemail and camera, first voicemail then camera

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
    Green lines are comments.

And try it, it will dial voicemail. Then it will open the camera, take your picture and the shutter sound will not come through the speaker but through the handset, practically "muted" for most situations, unless you are in a room with absolutely no noise. And there you have it, you can now stalk people with the torch lol... On at&t you have up to ~56 seconds until the voicemail times out.

Faster version of this is to use a voice mail launcher app, so you just have to create a shortcut for the voicemail launcher and camera, then cascade them. It will load waay faster.
    Last edited by gbsn; 04-05-11 at 12:06 AM.
    12-09-10 09:11 AM
    gbsn,

Wow!
    Your Macro/Cascade shortcuts are really cool.
    12-09-10 01:38 PM
    --Parameter:
    --macros: navmovedown5;navclick;delay200;navclick;delay200;n avmovedown2;navclick;MenuItemFromTop1;navclick;esc key;navclick;esckey;esckey;esckey

- navmovedown5;navclick; (Selects "Call Management" in Options page (OS 6))

- delay200;navclick; (Selects "In-Call Settings")

- delay200;navmovedown2;navclick; (Opens the selection for "Restrict My Identity")

- MenuItemFromTop1;navclick; (Selects "Always" from the options for "Restrict My Identity" )

- esckey;navclick; (Saves the change)

- esckey;esckey;esckey (Exits all pages and closes Options)

(With the new version 5.2.0.5 that has a workaround for BB Search, your macro can open "In-Call Settings" directly by searching for it: (keyIn call) )
    For OS 5, this would need to be implemented from the Phone app. There appears to be a bug in the macro implementation where the "MenuKey" command does not bring up the menu (i.e., Options) within the Phone app.
    12-09-10 01:57 PM
    One way is using a playlist. Create a playlist of the whole folder then use appname: mediafile2, or mediafile, to launch the .m3u playlist file. It will load the playlist directly.
    Thanks for the good intention, but what I am looking for is something simple, minimum-clicks-solution, nothing that needs even more preparation...
    Hope next version of shortcut me can do it...
    Regards
    Arnd
    12-09-10 02:02 PM
    Thanks for the good intention, but what I am looking for is something simple, minimum-clicks-solution, nothing that needs even more preparation...
    Hope next version of shortcut me can do it...
    Regards
    Arnd
    The intent of the macro implementation is to automate a series of keystrokes that a user will use frequently.

There is another third-party app, FileScout (FileScout Homepage - a file manager Software for BlackBerry� Devices with OS 4.3 or higher), that can automatically create playlists from a directory for you (just one of many, many features in this third-party BlackBerry file/directory manager app).
    12-09-10 02:12 PM
    Suprah, did you test the Universal Search performance when it is controlled by Macros in the new ShortcutMe version. Is it better now?
    12-09-10 08:36 PM
    For OS 5, this would need to be implemented from the Phone app. There appears to be a bug in the macro implementation where the "MenuKey" command does not bring up the menu (i.e., Options) within the Phone app.
    I made a change in the MENUKey macro and have a new version (still called 5.2.0.5) on a new OTA link. I don't have a BB with OS 5 with me, so I need your help to test it.

I will email you the new link.
    12-09-10 09:33 PM
    I made a change in the MENUKey macro and have a new version (still called 5.2.0.5) on a new OTA link. I don't have a BB with OS 5 with me, so I need your help to test it.

I just installed the update, and I am rebooting my device as we speak (takes about 15 minutes...).

Do you think that the change will have any affect on other macros that currently successfully use the MenuKey macro command?
    Last edited by visortgw; 12-09-10 at 09:53 PM.
    12-09-10 09:51 PM
    I just installed the update, and I am rebooting my device as we speak (takes about 15 minutes...).

Do you think that the change will have any affect on other macros that currently successfully use the MenuKey macro command?
    I tested it shortly and could not find that the change had any effect on other apps on OS 6.
    For OS 5 I am not sure as I don't have a device (with me) to test it with.
    12-09-10 10:13 PM

This still does not work. I am using an extremely simple macro as a test:

App Name: Phone
    Macro: Delay500;MenuKey;KeyO;Delay10000;

In both versions of SCM 5.2.0.5, the Phone app opens and a + (i.e., ALT o) is typed in the phone number field -- the menu within the Phone app is never invoked. Is it possible that the simulated MenuKey is acting differently because NUMLOCK is default within the Phone app (as evidenced by the plus sign instead of an O)?
    12-09-10 10:18 PM
    Suprah, did you test the Universal Search performance when it is controlled by Macros in the new ShortcutMe version. Is it better now?
    Yea it works solid for me, even tho ill just use the enable 3g and enable 2g macros accessed via options
    12-09-10 10:19 PM
    This still does not work. I am using an extremely simple macro as a test:

Macro: Delay500;MenuKey;KeyO;Delay10000;

In both versions of SCM 5.2.0.5, the Phone app opens and a + (i.e., ALT o) is typed in the phone number field -- the menu within the Phone app is never invoked. Is it possible that the simulated MenuKey is acting differently because NUMLOCK is default within the Phone app (as evidenced by the plus sign instead of an O)?
    Okay. I am going to ask for another 15 min of boot time !

I made another change and the new version is in the same link I sent you tonight.
    Please download that and try again.
    12-09-10 10:26 PM
    Yea it works solid for me, even tho ill just use the enable 3g and enable 2g macros accessed via options
    Good.
    I spent several hours to find a work around for that as I saw it to become a problem for macro creators. Good to know that it works.

Thanks.
    12-09-10 10:29 PM
    Suprah, do you have time to try the new version with a possible fix for MenuKey (Just to check that MenuKey macro works on BB OS 6)?

Before you do that can you check with your existing version of SCM if MenuKey works on Phone app (AppName=Phone, Macros=Delay200;MenuKey)?
    12-09-10 10:42 PM
    Suprah, do you have time to try the new version with a possible fix for MenuKey (Just to check that MenuKey macro works on BB OS 6)?

Before you do that can you check with your existing version of SCM if MenuKey works on Phone app (AppName=Phone, Macros=Delay200;MenuKey)?
    on the existing version i have which is 5.2.0.5, that macros works

but the beta link not showing up a new version unless u changed the jad link again
    12-09-10 10:56 PM
    Okay. I am going to ask for another 15 min of boot time !

I made another change and the new version is in the same link I sent you tonight.
    Please download that and try again.
    It appears to work this time! More testing in the morning -- getting to late on the east coast...
    12-09-10 11:08 PM
    It appears to work this time! More testing in the morning -- getting to late on the east coast...
    Good news. Thanks.

When you get time, please try to see if the new MenuKey macro works in the other places/apps it used to work before on OS 5.
    12-09-10 11:20 PM
    on the existing version i have which is 5.2.0.5, that macros works

but the beta link not showing up a new version unless u changed the jad link again
    Okay.
    Looks like that Phone app is changed on OS 6 comparing to OS 5.
    But based on the source code I think the new MenuKey macro makes more sense.

I will email you the temporary link for this new version.
    12-09-10 11:22 PM
    Below is a shortcut with macro that will setup your calls to be anonymous:
    (Works on BB OS 6 only!! It is also possible to write a similar one for BB OS 5 and 4)

--Parameter:

(The text above is produced by using the menu item "Email this Shortcut" when in Shortcut Setting Page, the page that opens when you edit/create a shortcut)

(Strokes can be used by Storm and Torch owners)
    OS v5 version of this macro:

Macro: Delay500;MenuKey;KeyO;Delay200;NavClick;KeyG;Delay 200;NavClick;MenuItemFromTop4;Delay200;NavClick;Ke yA;Delay200;NavClick;ESCKey;KeyS;ESCKey;ESCKey

Good night!
    Last edited by visortgw; 12-09-10 at 11:27 PM.
    12-09-10 11:24 PM
    OS v5 version of this macro:

Macro: Delay500;MenuKey;KeyO;Delay200;NavClick;KeyG;Delay 200;NavClick;MenuItemFromTop4;Delay200;NavClick;Ke yA;Delay200;NavClick;ESCKey;KeyS;ESCKey;ESCKey

Good night!
    Thanks!
    You couldn't sleep before doing this macro?
    12-09-10 11:26 PM
    Thanks!
    You couldn't sleep before doing this macro?
    You made me feel guilty (by fixing things so quickly) so I had to try!

BTW, the MenuKey macro command does indeed still work in other macros!
    12-09-10 11:34 PM
    You made me feel guilty (by fixing things so quickly) so I had to try!

BTW, the MenuKey macro command does indeed still work in other macros!
    Good news. Thanks
    12-09-10 11:36 PM
    Are there plans to implement a DELKey?

Given that this is implemented, how would you simulate a soft reset using the keyboard?

altpluskey shiftpluskey delkey?

would that require standalones ALTKey and SHIFTKey?

or altpluskey shiftkey delkey

Also, is it possible to have input?
    For example, if you want to send the last taken picture or a specific picture to a contact of your choice in bbm, its the only example i can come up with right now, its kinda hard to implement XD

app name: media_pictures
    input $name; //gives a dialog box for entering persons name
    input $picname; //gives a dialog box for entering the picture name (last pic has the days date on it 20101210)
    key $picname; //keys the picture name
    menukey;
    navdown1;
    navclick;
    menukey;
    navdown7;
    navclick;
    navdown3; //chooses bbm
    navclick;
    key $name; //keys contact name
    navclick;
    navclick;
    navclick;
    navclick;

I know.. its kind of hard, im already going into programming v_v soon ill be asking you to implement classes hahaha
    Last edited by gbsn; 12-10-10 at 08:53 AM.
    12-10-10 07:42 AM
    Are there plans to implement a DELKey?

Given that this is implemented, how would you simulate a soft reset using the keyboard?

altpluskey shiftpluskey delkey?

would that require standalones ALTKey and SHIFTKey?

or altpluskey shiftkey delkey
    My gut feeling is that this would need to be a "special" macro command (e.g., ALTPlusSHIFTPlusDELKey as a single command) because when manually invoked, all keys need to be entered at the same time, not sequentially.

That being said, I can definitely see uses for implementing a DELKey macro command.
    Last edited by visortgw; 12-10-10 at 08:48 AM.
    12-10-10 08:30 AM
1,385 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD