Vijik,

Does ShortcutMe not open Pandora or iheartradio?
    It should launch them either directly, or by using Alternative Launching methods, or by adding their module name as Extra AppName and then create a shortcutusing that Extra AppName as AppName for the shortcut.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-10 09:42 PM
    i am working on some macros as well as some cascading ones as well
    Sounds good.

If you (and others)notice that you miss a macro/feature to do what you want to do, let me know so that I add it to ShortcutMe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-10 09:47 PM
    Just made a new version with a new macro called

SpKey

This is the special key macro that, unlike Key macro, DOES work (OS 6) when you want to click a key (Hot Key) on Home Screen to launch an app.

For example I just tried this (on BB OS 6)

AppName: Home Screen
    Macro: Delay500;SpKeyO

and it does launch Options.

Please upgrade (from same OTA link) and let me know if SpKey does what you want (on BB OS 5?).

BTW, 5.2.0.3 for touch devices (Storm and Torch) has Stroke-Launching feature.
    visortgw likes this.
    12-02-10 10:58 PM
    I just downloaded SCM v5.2.0.3, and I am rebooting the device as we speak. Another quick question that came up as I was creating some macros and cascades last night for actions when WiFi is enabled or disabled. There is a WiFi On command as well as a couple variants of WiFi Toggle, but there is no WiFi Off command within SCM. Is this something that you can add?

(UPDATE: As an interim work-around, I have created a cascaded shortcut that first turns wifi on, and then toggles wifi mode to turn it off. While it is not optimal, it works! )
    Last edited by visortgw; 12-03-10 at 01:26 PM.
    12-03-10 09:01 AM
    Just made a new version with a new macro called

SpKey

This is the special key macro that, unlike Key macro, DOES work (OS 6) when you want to click a key (Hot Key) on Home Screen to launch an app.

For example I just tried this (on BB OS 6)

AppName: Home Screen
    Macro: Delay500;SpKeyO

and it does launch Options.

Please upgrade (from same OTA link) and let me know if SpKey does what you want (on BB OS 5?).

BTW, 5.2.0.3 for touch devices (Storm and Torch) has Stroke-Launching feature.
    Works like a champ on 9650, OS v5.0.0.975! Thanks!

FYI, I had some inconsistencies in running macros using the Options app -- appear to be some timing issues. The work-around is to use the Home Screen app with a macro beginning with Delay250;SpKeyo (not sure if the delay is really necessary) -- it has not failed yet. I am finding that inserting short (e.g., 250 ms) delays in key spots, especially before NavClick commands resolves most macro timing issues.

Another use of the SpKey macro command is or BES users with separate homescreen icons for BIS vs BES mailboxes. I defined a macro to go directly to my BES Mailbox as
    App: Messages
    Macro: ALTPlusKeyb (invokes saved search)

My problem was a similar macro to get back to my "main" BIS Mailbox, which is now solved with the SpKey macro command:
    App: Home Screen
    Macro: SpKeym (opens Messages from Home Screen)
    Last edited by visortgw; 12-03-10 at 10:31 AM.
    12-03-10 10:22 AM
    Visortgw,
    I will soon have a new version on the OTA link with WiFi_Off.

Good to know that SpKey works.

Has anyone seen ALTPlusKey or SHIFTPlusKey not working in some screens (in the same way as Key did not work on BB Home Screen)?
    12-03-10 07:38 PM
    A new 5.2.0.3 is now available on the OTA link.

As requested, it has a new AppName called WiFi_OFF.
    visortgw likes this.
    12-03-10 07:54 PM
    A new 5.2.0.3 is now available on the OTA link.

As requested, it has a new AppName called WiFi_OFF.
    Works great!
    12-04-10 12:12 AM
    ~~~~Torch OS6~~~~
    Description: For torch with engineering screen enabled, disable or enable 2G when option in mobile network is set to 2G & 3G. For example, some people want to have the 3G option only on at&t so it doesnt fallback to 2G, setting the option to 2g & 3g in mobile network options, then using the macro to automatically disable 2g through the engineering screen, leaving 3g only.

AppName: home screen
    Macro:
    altpluskeyeace; //enters the engineering screen
    menuitemfromtop1; //"mobile network engineering screens"
    navclick;
    menuitemfrombottom4;
    //"PLMN selection"
    navclick;
    menukey;
    //opens bb menu
    navmovedown3;
    //disable RAT_GERAN which is 2G
    delay100;
    navclick;
    esckey; esckey;esckey;

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
    Green lines are comments.
    Last edited by gbsn; 04-05-11 at 12:08 AM.
    12-06-10 02:48 AM
    ONLY FOR OS6 USERS

Enable 3G via Universal search:

App Name: Universal Search

Macro: KeyMobile Network; Delay1500; NavMoveDown1;NavClick;Delay 1000;NavClick;NavMoveDown5;Navclick;NavMoveDown1;N avClick; ESCKey;ESCKey;ESCKey;ESCKey;

Enable 2G (EDGE) via Universal search:

App Name: Universal Search

Macro: KeyMobile Network; Delay1500; NavMoveDown1;NavClick;Delay 1000;NavClick;NavMoveDown5;Navclick;NavMoveUp1;Nav Click; ESCKey;ESCKey;ESCKey;ESCKey;

OR (Work around for Universal Search freezing or not prompting up results)

Enable 3G (EDGE) via Options:

App Name: Options

Macro: KeyMobile Network;NavClick;NavMoveDown5;Navclick;NavMoveDown 1;NavClick; ESCKey;ESCKey;ESCKey;ESCKey;

Enable 2G (EDGE) via Options:

App Name: Options

Macro: KeyMobile Network;NavClick;NavMoveDown5;Navclick;NavMoveUp1; NavClick; ESCKey;ESCKey;ESCKey;ESCKey;
    Last edited by Suprah; 12-06-10 at 04:02 PM.
    suhailraza_786 and Guangxiong like this.
    12-06-10 09:29 AM
    Also Vijik, can you integrate more colors for categories? im running out of colors here lol and still waiting on ability to access SCM in other app menus
    Last edited by Suprah; 12-06-10 at 09:46 AM.
    12-06-10 09:42 AM
    wheres the OTA link for the new version? thanks
    12-06-10 11:28 AM
    Hi, I'd like to use the feature 'play folder' existing in standard rim file explorer, with shortcutme calling file explorer and opening a certain (music) folder.

Support at fonic says
    "File Explorer can't be directly launched because it doesn't allow the standard APIs to launch it. You might however be able to launch it using Macros and Universal Search."

It would be afeature request from to to be able to launch file explorer for next shortcutme. But till then, has any of you managed to launch file explorer with shortcutme ?

I am on a Bold9700 os5, thus no Universal Search avalable ...
    Anybody got a good idea on how to accomplish above ?

Regards !
    12-06-10 01:14 PM
    Hi, I'd like to use the feature 'play folder' existing in standard rim file explorer, with shortcutme calling file explorer and opening a certain (music) folder.

Support at fonic says
    "File Explorer can't be directly launched because it doesn't allow the standard APIs to launch it. You might however be able to launch it using Macros and Universal Search."

It would be afeature request from to to be able to launch file explorer for next shortcutme. But till then, has any of you managed to launch file explorer with shortcutme ?

I am on a Bold9700 os5, thus no Universal Search avalable ...
    Anybody got a good idea on how to accomplish above ?

Regards !
    One way is using a playlist. Create a playlist of the whole folder then use appname: mediafile2, or mediafile, to launch the .m3u playlist file. It will load the playlist directly.
    12-06-10 08:41 PM
    wheres the OTA link for the new version? thanks
    Send email to support @ shortcutme dot com (mention your CB username) and I will resend you the link email.
    12-08-10 01:11 PM
    Below is a shortcut with macro that will setup your calls to be anonymous:
    (Works on BB OS 6 only!! It is also possible to write a similar one for BB OS 5 and 4)

--AppName: Options
    --Parameter:
    --macros: navmovedown5;navclick;delay200;navclick;delay200;n avmovedown2;navclick;MenuItemFromTop1;navclick;esc key;navclick;esckey;esckey;esckey
    --Display Name: ananymous call
    --Shortcut Chars: AC
    --Strokes: ASDFC
    --Color: Default

(The text above is produced by using the menu item "Email this Shortcut" when in Shortcut Setting Page, the page that opens when you edit/create a shortcut)

(Strokes can be used by Storm and Torch owners)
    12-08-10 01:35 PM
    ONLY FOR OS6 USERS

OR (Work around for Universal Search freezing or not prompting up results)

I am trying to have a workaround for this freezing/slowness of the Universal Search in a new version of ShortcutMe.
    12-08-10 02:14 PM
    Dude, Vijik, I won SCM and macros are Sick!
    Is there anyway to do shift+alt+h? I tried a bunch of ways and couldn't get it to work.
    12-08-10 02:43 PM
    Dude, Vijik, I won SCM and macros are Sick!
    Is there anyway to do shift+alt+h? I tried a bunch of ways and couldn't get it to work.
    Congratulations and welcome onboard!

If you want to bring up the Engineering Screen you can use the AltPlusKey macro like this:

AltPlusKeyeace

I will however check and add ShiftAltPlusKey macro if possible.
    12-08-10 02:59 PM
    ShortcutMe 5.2.0.5 is on the OTA link.
    New in that version:

1- 10 new colors added (each shortcut can be set to have a color for itself as before in ShortcutMe)

2- "Universal Search freezing or not prompting up results" mentioned by Suprah should be gone in this version. Just make sure you put enough delay (Delay macro command) to let it search and show the results.

3- Added a new macro command called MUTEKey (simulate mute key click).

Please upgrade and report if 2 and 3 are working.
    12-08-10 08:33 PM
    Where's the OTA link? I looked over the first two pages but I'm not seeing it...
    12-08-10 08:57 PM
    Below is a shortcut with macro that will setup your calls to be anonymous:
    (Works on BB OS 6 only!! It is also possible to write a similar one for BB OS 5 and 4)

--AppName: Options
    --Parameter:
    --macros: navmovedown5;navclick;delay200;navclick;delay200;n avmovedown2;navclick;MenuItemFromTop1;navclick;esc key;navclick;esckey;esckey;esckey
    --Display Name: ananymous call
    --Shortcut Chars: AC
    --Strokes: ASDFC
    --Color: Default

(The text above is produced by using the menu item "Email this Shortcut" when in Shortcut Setting Page, the page that opens when you edit/create a shortcut)

(Strokes can be used by Storm and Torch owners)
    Can you please summarize what is actually happening in this macro? It is hard to follow because
    1. I use OS 5, not OS 6 ; and
    2. I have several additions to the Options "app" due to third-party apps.
    Thanks!
    12-08-10 09:17 PM
    I have 5.1.0.0 and I cannot figure out how to get 5.2.0.5. Thanks
    12-09-10 12:37 AM
    Where's the OTA link? I looked over the first two pages but I'm not seeing it...
    Send email to support at shortcutme dot com to get the OTA link.
    12-09-10 01:10 AM
    I have 5.1.0.0 and I cannot figure out how to get 5.2.0.5. Thanks
    Send email to support at shortcutme dot com to get the OTA link.
    12-09-10 01:11 AM
1,385 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD