Macro shortcut to get directly to your music playlist (Works on BB OS 6. Location of Playlist might be different on your version of OS 6!)

AppName: Media_Music
    DislayName: My Playlists
    Macros: Delay200;MenuItemFromTop5;NavClick
    11-25-10 07:53 PM
    (Tested on BB OS 6)

AppName: BlackBery_Messenger_BG

DisplayName: New BBM Chat

Macros: Delay200;MenuKey;MenuItemFromTop1;KeyN;NavClick
    Last edited by Vijik; 12-08-10 at 04:55 PM.
    11-25-10 09:32 PM
    I was creating a macro to add a sms shortcut to one of my contacts and I'm stuck in one place.

What I want the macro to be is basically
    1. Copy the mobile #
    2. Opens SCM and selects SMS shortcut
    3. Pastes the number it in the parameter

After that I would type in the shortcut keys and the display name.

Here's the macro I got so far (I would run this in addressbook):

MENUKey;NavMoveDown1;NavClick;MenuItemFromTop16;ME NUKey;Keys;NavClick;NavMoveDown1;MENUKey;NavClick; CONVLKey;

The CONVLKey is executed to open SCM but this is where I get stuck.
    I'm guessing SCM cannot be opened while executing macros.

Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-10 12:42 PM
    Hoyeal82,

You can do what you want by using this macro shortcut:

AppName: Msg_SMS
    DisplayName: SMS Copied #
    Macros: MenuKey;MenuItemFromTop1;KeyP;Delay2000;NavClick;d elay200;NavClick
    (Delay2000 is there just for securirty. If KeyP selects Paste then you are good to go and you can remove that delay).

Now after you have copied a phone #, launch the shortcut above (by for example double clicking the conv key? Or Conv key + key combination for your shortcut).

(You could also make another shortcut that copies a highlighted number and then cascade it with the shortcut above.).

Last edited by Vijik; 11-26-10 at 01:48 PM.
    11-26-10 01:43 PM
    Hoyeal82, did you try that macro shortcut?
    Did it work?

11-26-10 06:03 PM
    Thanks for your immediate response =)

I did try the code but that wasn't exactly what I was looking for =/
    The code I was trying to create was a macro to create another macro - a macro that creates a macro for SMS shortcut.

I have many SMS individual shortcuts (ex. John is qjo, david qda, and etc.) and I'm looking for a way to create a shortcut to create a shortcut.
    But the more I think about it.. I don't know if this is possible =P

Again, thank you. I'm always impressed by your follow up

11-28-10 06:28 AM
    Ok, Ihave tried all night to understand macros but still Ido not get it. I tried following the examples on the thread, but I do not understand how they came about. Is there a guide on how to do these macros?
    12-01-10 07:19 AM
    Ok, Ihave tried all night to understand macros but still Ido not get it. I tried following the examples on the thread, but I do not understand how they came about. Is there a guide on how to do these macros?
    Basically, approach creating a macro as mimicking the keystrokes that you need to use to complete a function once an application is launched. There is some "fine tuning" that needs to be done as far as inserting appropriate delays to accommodate any minor timing issues, etc.
    12-01-10 07:30 AM
    I get that, but it is still not really as simple as that. For example lets look at vijik's macro:

The Msg_SMS app opens up a grey screen with a "To:" Field at the top. If I am trying to follow the macro, the next step would be the Menu key, then menuitemfromtop1. That macro only isn't very clear. The top menu item is switch application. I am assuming keyp would select "paste" from the menu and navclick would then paste whatever is stored at that moment on the "clipboard". The second Nvaclick would choose the option of either email or mobile that comes up. I get to that point. But after all that is ran, I get another popup window with 3 choices, with the second choice being choose contact. After that I get the switch application screen.

I am assuming there isn't documentation or guide for macros are there? especially explaining each macro we have available and when they are used.
    12-01-10 01:57 PM
    I get that, but it is still not really as simple as that. For example lets look at vijik's macro:

The Msg_SMS app opens up a grey screen with a "To:" Field at the top. If I am trying to follow the macro, the next step would be the Menu key, then menuitemfromtop1. That macro only isn't very clear. The top menu item is switch application. I am assuming keyp would select "paste" from the menu and navclick would then paste whatever is stored at that moment on the "clipboard". The second Nvaclick would choose the option of either email or mobile that comes up. I get to that point. But after all that is ran, I get another popup window with 3 choices, with the second choice being choose contact. After that I get the switch application screen.

I am assuming there isn't documentation or guide for macros are there? especially explaining each macro we have available and when they are used.
    There appears to be a flaw in this macro as defined (at least for OS v5). My corrections are as follows:

App: Msg_SMS
    DisplayName: Compose SMS to (Paste)
    Macro: MenuKey;MenuItemFromTop1;KeyP;Delay200;NavClick;De lay200;NavClick;NavMoveDown1;Delay200;NavClick;

Step by step (within the Compose SMS GUI):
    1. MenuKey; Invoke menu.
    2. MenuItemFromTop1; Go to top of menu.
    3. KeyP; Type P to move to Paste in menu (i.e., first item in menu beginning with letter P).
    4. Delay200; "Optional" short delay for "safety".
    5. NavClick; Execute Paste from clipboard.
    6. Delay200;
    7. NavClick; Enter pasted phone number.
    8. NavMoveDown1; Scroll down to OK.
    9. Delay200;
    10. NavClick; Click OK.

I hope that this helps you to get the hang of it, which is the purpose of this thread.
    Last edited by visortgw; 12-01-10 at 02:48 PM.
    12-01-10 02:29 PM
    New_here,

Macro Editor in ShortcutMe allows you to pick any of the macros available and, when one is picked, a text will show up telling what that macro does.

The Macros I have are for my BB and for the BB OS I am running. If you run different OS, your macros for doing the same job might be different than mine.

The nice thing about Macros is that you can create your own.

12-01-10 05:25 PM
    Thanks visortgw for your patience. I'll give it a try again. Explaining the process did clarify things a bit.

And I am using a Torch, running .337

Once I get a hang of what each command does, I think it should get easier. Thanks Vijik.
    12-01-10 07:00 PM
    Dear Vijik

Your program is fantastic, and has huge potential.

I enthusiastically follow software developments but am not normally moved to comment. However, so good is your program I thought I would offer a couple of suggestions that would unlock even more potential, and which, although I am no expert, would not seem hugely difficult given what you have already achieved with this marvellous software:

- allowing a macro to run at a pre-set time in the day - for example, I have a few that I would like to run in the middle of the night, or at times during the day. There are other programs that will run another app at a set time, but of course they are not able to handle macros.

-allowing a macro to run directly from an icon on the home screen - I am talking here about the Torch really. The launcher aspect of your program is also brilliant and really useful on the Torch - but on the Torch it would also be really handy to be able to have a macro run just by touching an icon. Again there are other programs that will create home screen icons out of other apps, contacts, weblinks etc, so it would be great if it were possible to include this functionality for your macros.

I would be very interested in your thoughts, and, needless to say, happy to help out at all.

Regards

James
    12-02-10 03:34 AM
    I was skeptical about using this software at first, because i already had another launch-type app. But damn, this one has quite the features, macros and search like shortcut input own the competition. Vijik keep working hard on this and you will rip all the rewards. One kind of hard suggestion, implementing touch gestures or so for touchscreen devices for even faster launching.

Following the topic, here is an easy macro for the torch to access application management screen to uninstall/monitor apps without having to touch too much. Did this because the options_sub2page wasnt working correctly with the delays. May work for people who install and uninstall constantly.

~~~~Torch OS6~~~~
    THIS IS AN OLD VERSION OF THE MACRO
    Description: accessing application management via menu entries.

AppName: options
    Macro:
    menuitemfromtop5; //"device"
    delay200;
    navclick;
    menuitemfrombottom3;
    delay200;
    navclick;

~~~~Torch OS6~~~~
    Description: for torch with the engineering screen enabled that want to disable DVFM and set the cpu clock to 624mhz in case its lower after every phone reset

AppName: home screen
    Macro:
    altpluskey eace; //enters engineering screen main
    menuitemfromtop4;
    //os engineering screens
    navclick;
    menuitemfromtop4;
    //battery
    navclick;
    menuitemfromtop4;
    //core frequency screen
    navclick;
    menukey;
    navemovedown1;
    //dfvm toggle (cpu auto speed regulator)
    delay200;
    navclick;
    menukey;
    navemovedown5;
    //sets apps core to 624mhz
    delay200;
    navclick;
    menukey;
    navmovedown9;
    //set comms cores to 208/312mhz
    delay200;
    navclick;
    esckey;esckey;esckey;esckey;

~~~~Torch OS6~~~~
    Description: again for torch with the engineering screen enabled that want to view processes sorted by heap size (ram usage)

AppName: home screen
    Macro:
    altpluskey eace; //enters engineering screen
    menuitemfromtop5;
    //jvm engineering screens
    navclick;
    menuitemfromtop1;
    //processes
    navclick;
    menukey;
    keyh;
    //heap size
    navclick;

Green lines are comments.
    You will need to modify macros a bit according to your menu key entries.
    Last edited by gbsn; 04-05-11 at 05:27 AM.
    12-02-10 05:28 AM
    @Vijik: I think that I have found a bug in the implementation of macros (at least on my 9650, OS v5.0.0.975). Within Phone Options >> General Options, I have Dial From Home Screen set to No. The following macro should open the device Options, but instead it opens the Phone application:

App: Home Screen
    Macro: Keyo;

I understand that I can simply use Options as the app to do what I want, but this is only a simple example. When Dial From Home Screen is disabled, typing a character from the Home Screen should invoke the RIM built-in keyboard shortcut.

If I use the ALTPlusKey macro, it appears to work as I believe it should, e.g.:

Macro: ALTPlusKeyeace;

This example invokes the RIM Help Me! screen.

Can else anyone confirm or deny this behavior on various devices/OS combos?
    12-02-10 07:53 AM
    @Vijik: I think that I have found a bug in the implementation of macros (at least on my 9650, OS v5.0.0.975). Within Phone Options >> General Options, I have Dial From Home Screen set to No. The following macro should open the device Options, but instead it opens the Phone application:
    Macro: Keyo;
    I understand that I can simply use Options as the app to do what I want, but this is only a simple example. When Dial From Home Screen is disabled, typing a character from the Home Screen should invoke the RIM built-in keyboard shortcut.

If I use the ALTPlusKey macro, it appears to work as I believe it should, e.g.:
    Macro: ALTPlusKeyeace;
    This example invokes the RIM Help Me! screen.

Can else anyone confirm or deny this behavior on various devices/OS combos?
    yeah, just tried, key doesnt work directly on home screen, guess its a bug :b not even after opening tray
    12-02-10 08:06 AM
    Dear Vijik

Your program is fantastic, and has huge potential.

I enthusiastically follow software developments but am not normally moved to comment. However, so good is your program I thought I would offer a couple of suggestions that would unlock even more potential, and which, although I am no expert, would not seem hugely difficult given what you have already achieved with this marvellous software:

- allowing a macro to run at a pre-set time in the day - for example, I have a few that I would like to run in the middle of the night, or at times during the day. There are other programs that will run another app at a set time, but of course they are not able to handle macros.

-allowing a macro to run directly from an icon on the home screen - I am talking here about the Torch really. The launcher aspect of your program is also brilliant and really useful on the Torch - but on the Torch it would also be really handy to be able to have a macro run just by touching an icon. Again there are other programs that will create home screen icons out of other apps, contacts, weblinks etc, so it would be great if it were possible to include this functionality for your macros.

I would be very interested in your thoughts, and, needless to say, happy to help out at all.

Regards

James
    Thanks james for your suggestions.

Regarding your first request (auto launching based on time): I am working on a new version that has this feature (it is not limited to only macros).

Regarding shortcut icons:the ideas behind ShortcutMe was to avoid having so many icons on the BB home screen. In addition, the idea was to let users to access apps/tasks directly from other apps and not only from Home Screen.
    Now, the Torch and Storm version of ShortcutMe is now equiped with Stroke-Launching. So it should be even easier to launch shortcuts.

Last edited by Vijik; 04-03-11 at 11:21 PM.
    12-02-10 10:03 AM
    gbsn,

ShortcutMe for Torch has a beta version that does gesture/stroke recognition to launch shortcuts. If you are interested to test, just go to Torch 9800 forum on CB, find and post to the thread that I have created for Stroke-launching discussions for the new ShortcutMe.

You posted real useful and handy macros. Keep up the good work and please share more macros with others on this thread.

12-02-10 10:11 AM
    Visortgw and gbsn,

This is not exactly a bug in ShortcutMe because it does simulate those keys, but Home Screen doesn't accept the simulated key clicks in the same way as other screens/apps.

I will try to find a work-around for this. If I find a work-around I will create a new macro (called something like SpKey, Special Key click).

12-02-10 10:17 AM
    This is really great stuff. I am finally starting to understand the macros and engineering ways to use them. I am not sure if anyone has found out how to execute a short cut after running a macro. For example, I want to create a short to change my profile to medium and then turn on wifi. I figured out the profile change part quite easily, but it seems the only way to change wifi would be to use the builtin shortcut Wifi Toggle. So I am trying to write a macro under the profile shortcut, but after I make the change, and try to esc back to SCM, it always jumps back out to the homescreen and never stays on the SCM interface long enough so I can try using the key command to execute the wifi toggle shortcut.

Thanks

Ok. I figured out how to change my profile to medium and also toggle wifi on. I was looking at doing it from the options menu, but it turned out to be a lot easier from the home screen.

Appname: Home screen

Macros: Navmoveup3; navclick; delay500;navmovedown2;navclick;delay1000; esckey;navmovedown1;navmoveleft1;navclick;menuitem fromtop4;navclick

My first macro Thank you to everyone who helped . I would still like to know if I can run a shortcut from the scm screen in a macro. I think I would be handy. Thanks
    Last edited by new_here; 12-02-10 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Figured it out
    12-02-10 10:39 AM
    New_here,

Good start!

To answer your question:
    Instead of running a shortcut from a macro shortcut, try having 2 shortcuts (one for your profile setting, and another one for your WiFi toggle), and then cascade those 2 using a CascadedShortcut:

Examples for CascadedShortcut:
    Create a shortcut with your profile macro with key combinations PM

Create a shortcut for your wifi toggle with key combination TW

Create a third shortcut:
    AppName: CascadedShortcuts
    Parameter: PM; TW

Now when you run shortcut 3, your macros in 1 are running first and then wifi will be toggled.

See also WiFi-ON appname
    See also Prompt and Stop macros.

Last edited by Vijik; 04-03-11 at 11:23 PM.
    12-02-10 12:45 PM
    awesome stuff. Thanks Vijik. I didn't know about the cascaded shortcut. This would make things alot easier
    12-02-10 04:10 PM
    On OS 6, this macro will call someone and then set the phone on the speaker phone (Good if you want to initiate a call in the car):

AppName: Call
    Parameter: (Phone Number)
    Macro: Delay 2000;MenuKey;KeyA;NavClick

If you have an app with system menu name starting with A, you might need to do 2 KeyA macros.
    12-02-10 06:22 PM
    i am working on some macros as well as some cascading ones as well
    12-02-10 06:44 PM
    Vijik,

Does ShortcutMe not open Pandora or iheartradio?
    12-02-10 09:36 PM
1,385 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD