Vijik,

Works great! You're the best!

I noticed one other difference and I have one more question, if you don't mind. In the other version I just had, shortcuts could only be in capital letters. Can I now make shortcuts using numbers, symbols, and lowercase letters? Does a shortcut "abc" differ from a shortcut "ABC"?
    Last edited by ETW11; 11-17-10 at 09:54 PM.
    11-17-10 09:48 PM
    Thanks.

Anyone want to take the challenge and make macro for doing this?
    (if so, let me know if you see some macros are missing to achieve that task. I can then (if it's possible) add extra macros).
    Ill work on a macro for that

Have u upped the latest build?
    11-17-10 11:06 PM
    Vijik,

Works great! You're the best!

I noticed one other difference and I have one more question, if you don't mind. In the other version I just had, shortcuts could only be in capital letters. Can I now make shortcuts using numbers, symbols, and lowercase letters? Does a shortcut "abc" differ from a shortcut "ABC"?
    No, shortcuts can still only be letters.

Even if you enter "abc", ShortcutMe will turn it into uppercase ("ABC") when you save the shortcut.
    11-18-10 05:56 AM
    Ill work on a macro for that

Have u upped the latest build?
    Yes, I PM'ed you last night.
    11-18-10 05:57 AM
    How are the new macros (below) doing? Do they work on your BB?

SENDKey,
    ENDKey,
    CONVRKey (Right conv key),
    CONVLKey,
    VOLUPKey (Volume Up key)
    VOLDOWNKey
    11-18-10 06:43 PM
    thanks Vijik, i sent the email off.
    11-18-10 08:04 PM
    one question, just update few days ago to 5.0 at Mobihand;
    How can I get these update with new macro?
    Is there an OTA?

I have 9700 with OS 6.0.0.344
    I download version 5.0.10 from Mobihand and Updates says that the right version is 5.0.0 !!!!

thank you
    Last edited by enotar; 11-18-10 at 08:28 PM.
    11-18-10 08:22 PM
    How are the new macros (below) doing? Do they work on your BB?

SENDKey,
    ENDKey,
    CONVRKey (Right conv key),
    CONVLKey,
    VOLUPKey (Volume Up key)
    VOLDOWNKey
    they are working great, now i can do auto camera snap, i have also set it up so i can take 3 pictures in a row without pressing the right convenience key again
    11-18-10 10:13 PM
    one question, just update few days ago to 5.0 at Mobihand;
    How can I get these update with new macro?
    Is there an OTA?

I have 9700 with OS 6.0.0.344
    I download version 5.0.10 from Mobihand and Updates says that the right version is 5.0.0 !!!!

thank you
    Email me at support at shortcutme dot com

The Updates is shared between the code available on App World and the one on mobihand. The latest for App World customers is 5.0.0.0
    11-18-10 11:44 PM
    they are working great, now i can do auto camera snap, i have also set it up so i can take 3 pictures in a row without pressing the right convenience key again
    Cool!

(Plus ten char.)
    11-18-10 11:47 PM
    Here's something I created with Camera and macros: allows you to take snap shots in under 30 seconds:

--Display Name: 3x Autosnap Camera

--AppName: Camera

--macros: Delay1500;CONVRKey;Delay1500;CONVRKey;Delay2000;CO NVRKey;Delay1500;CONVRKey;Delay1500;CONVRKey;
    Last edited by Suprah; 11-19-10 at 02:11 AM.
    Laviator likes this.
    11-19-10 01:51 AM
    I installed the SCM 5.1 upgrade this morning. One feature that I found particularly useful was the addition of the ENDKey macro command. I had been trying to write a macro to more consistently work to Toggle WiFi Mode (the built-in function fails at times) , but I was unable to exit out of the macro properly. Here it is (the delays may not be mandatory, but they let me visibly see the change):

App: Manage Connections
    Macro: Delay500;MenuItemFromTop3;NavClick;Delay500;ENDKey ;
    Last edited by visortgw; 11-19-10 at 11:54 AM.
    11-19-10 11:34 AM
    What is the purpose of Delay2 since delay is in milliseconds?

I wanted to make this thread so we all can share our SCM Macro shortcuts that are useful everyday use.
    Add as many as u can conjure up in this thread!
    These are only for 6.0 os users

:
    :

--Automatic SMS message to person of your choice

--AppName: SMS_Page

--macros: MENUKey;NavMoveDown1;NavMoveRight1;NavClick;Delay2 ;Key [person name here] ;NavMoveDown3;NavClick;Delay2;NavMoveDown1;Key [message to person here]

I.E. --> macros: MENUKey;NavMoveDown1;NavMoveRight1;NavClick;Delay2;Key Mike Jay ;NavMoveDown3;NavClick;Delay2;NavMoveDown1;Key Hey bro
    11-19-10 11:51 AM
    What is the purpose of Delay2 since delay is in milliseconds?
    precautionary just incase bb freezes when transitioning
    11-19-10 04:33 PM
    c'mon ppl yall have no macros to contribute?
    roninksb likes this.
    11-20-10 03:57 PM
    I am working on adding a new macro called Prompt. It allows users to enforce a prompt message (when running through macros) and then wait with running more macros until ShortcutMe is launched again.
    Useful when a user interaction is needed in the middle of macros.

Prompt format: Promptxxxxxxx
    Where xxxxxxx is a message that is going to be shown to user

For example:

AppName: Universal Search

Macros: KeyMaps;Delay200;Prompt Now browse over the map app of your choice, then hit conv key to continue with macros;NavClick;Delay200;MenuKey;KeyF;NavClick

This macro will search and show all the maps apps installed on the device and then it will ask user to navigate to a map app they want before hitting the conv key to continue with rest of the macros for Finding a Location.

What do you think. Anything to add to this?
    11-21-10 09:27 AM
    That would be a great addition. Allows for a more professionalism. Makes making macros more easier

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-10 01:19 PM
    5.1.1.0 (with Prompt macro) is now ready for download if you have any BlackBerry other than Torch and Storm.

Send email to support at shortcutme dot com to get an OTA link.
    11-21-10 04:51 PM
    Another macro...

I use the freeware BBLight to control backlighting on my device. Specifically, I change the configuration of whether or not the backlight stays on when External Power/Charging is active -- I don't want full backlight at night when Bedside Mode is active. This macro toggles the setting within BBLight.

App: BBLight
    Macro: Delay250;MenuItemFromTop6;NavClick;MenuKey;Keyc; NavClick;Keyy;
    Last edited by visortgw; 11-22-10 at 11:45 AM.
    11-22-10 11:39 AM
    Any example(s) for OS v5.0 (Universal Search is OS v6 only)?

I am working on adding a new macro called Prompt. It allows users to enforce a prompt message (when running through macros) and then wait with running more macros until ShortcutMe is launched again.
    Useful when a user interaction is needed in the middle of macros.

Prompt format: Promptxxxxxxx
    Where xxxxxxx is a message that is going to be shown to user

For example:

AppName: Universal Search

Macros: KeyMaps;Delay200;Prompt Now browse over the map app of your choice, then hit conv key to continue with macros;NavClick;Delay200;MenuKey;KeyF;NavClick

This macro will search and show all the maps apps installed on the device and then it will ask user to navigate to a map app they want before hitting the conv key to continue with rest of the macros for Finding a Location.

What do you think. Anything to add to this?
    11-22-10 01:38 PM
    Any example(s) for OS v5.0 (Universal Search is OS v6 only)?
    Global Search in OS 5 is different than the Universal Search in OS 6.

I don't have any particular example for Prompt in OS 5, but in general, if you feel that at some point in the middle of your macros, you need to take control and do something, and then let ShortcutMe do rest of the macros, Prompt is the macro to use.

Edit: You can also use Prompt as a measure to make sure that a copied macro (from other users) work on your BlackBerry:

For example (Make sure that NavClick or ENTERKey selects the intended menu item):

MenuKey;NavMoveDown3;PromptIs Downloads highlighted Now?;NavClick;........

Now the Macro will ask you the question and if you answer YES and then click Convenience key to start SCM again, rest of your macros will run.
    Last edited by Vijik; 11-22-10 at 08:00 PM.
    11-22-10 07:43 PM
    AppName: Messages

Macros:
    MenuKey;Keyv;PromptMake sure View Folders is highlighted;NavClick;delay200;keysms outbox;NavClick

(Prompt is there for making sure the correct menu item is selected).
    11-22-10 08:05 PM
    I created two, flashlight on/off (video light)

Flash Light On:
    Display Name: Flash Light On
    App Name: FlashLigh_Flash
    Macros:
    MENUKey;MenuItemFromTop7;NavClick;NavClick;MenuIte mFromTop2;NavClick;MENUKey;MenuItemFromTop5;NavCli ck;MenuItemFromBottom2;NavClick;
    Note: the MenuItemFromTop/Bottom[Number] will be different depending on ur bbmenu items

Flash Light Off:
    Display Name: Flash Light Off
    App Name: FlashLigh_Flash
    Macros:
    MENUKey;MenuItemFromTop7;NavClick;NavClick;MenuIte mFromTop1;NavClick;MENUKey;MenuItemFromTop5;NavCli ck;
    Note: the MenuItemFromTop/Bottom[Number] will be different depending on ur bbmenu items
    Last edited by DriftDevil; 11-24-10 at 09:17 PM.
    11-24-10 09:15 PM
    I upgraded the other night (with alot of help from Vijik, thank you so much for all the support) so now I've got to get busy working on some of these. I love SCM and its capabilities!
    11-24-10 10:41 PM
    If you want to use FlashLight_Flash feature of ShortcutMe but you don't want to set the Video Light to ON all the time, you can use this macro shortcut:

AppName: FlashLight_Flash

Macro: Delay200;SPACEKey;

(SPACEKey macro is available in SCM 5.1 and later. If you have SCM 5.0, upgrade from ShortcutMe itself: SCM>BB/Menu key>Updates)
    11-25-10 06:09 AM
1,385 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD