I have VZW and live in Chicago so my 900 +data/text plan comes to $140ish a month after getting raped by taxes.
    Is it possible to go to a data only plan on my curve and make and receive calls via GVoice as my primary?
    Thanks
    Nick
    09-01-09 12:43 AM
    GVoice needs a number to call to, so I don't think so.

People call your GVoice # and GVoice calls your phone number (at least that's how I think it works) so GVoice wouldn't have a number to dial on your berry.

Unless you planned on only dialing/receiving calls on your pc (although I don't know if you can receive GV calls on your pc).
    09-01-09 12:52 AM
    I have VZW and live in Chicago so my 900 +data/text plan comes to $140ish a month after getting raped by taxes.
    Is it possible to go to a data only plan on my curve and make and receive calls via GVoice as my primary?
    Thanks
    Nick
    Is not possible on a blackberry, at all. No VOIP on bb now or prob in near future. However, this is entirely possible on a Google G1 or G2 Android phone on T Mobile. Just need a free app called Sipdroid and a free Gizmo5 account to receive calls on. Data only calls over T Mob's 3g network sound pretty darn good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by abu4321; 09-01-09 at 03:07 AM.
    09-01-09 03:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD