In my opinion, this was a huge waste of $15.
    The keys don't seem to line up with the bad MIDI songs good enough, the MIDI music is horrible, only 4 songs and only 3 keys/notes (which I knew before I bought).

I mean, it has potential. Maybe an option for real music files (I have 4gig sd card) and more songs. Maybe even at least 4 notes?

I don't know, but from someone who plays the real guitar hero a lot, the mobile version stinks. I didn't expect it to be as good as the real thing, but I didn't expect it to be that bad, either.

Oh well, what do you guys think of it?
    05-13-08 10:26 AM
    i agree...i thought the quality of the game would be better too
    05-14-08 01:16 AM
    Agreed, I am fully disappointed. Wish I could get my money back and spend it on something else.
    05-14-08 07:40 AM
    I agree with all the above. My kids hate it and won't play, so yeah, I wasted $15.
    05-14-08 07:59 AM
    But they had a free trial version. Did you try it before buying it? I bought it after trying it and yes, the quality could be better But it keeps me entertained.I like it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-08 08:33 AM
    I dont think there was a trial version when i purchased it
    05-14-08 12:54 PM
    Have you all looked at how much space it takes up? Geez that thing is a pig, no game is worth that amount of space!

I had it on my BB just long enough for the trial to expire and then it went bye bye...
    05-14-08 12:58 PM
    yep don't really like it. it doesn't really have that "feel" to it... like something's missing.......
    05-14-08 03:24 PM
    yep don't really like it. it doesn't really have that "feel" to it... like something's missing.......
    Something like a guitar? Lol

Its ok, i dl the trial, they should let you save the songs to the memory card though.

I won't buy it, especially with it taking up over 1mb of memory, but i will play the trial for a few more days before deleting it..
    05-14-08 06:03 PM
    $15 dollars? For a freakin' mobile phone game? FTW! Guitar Hero III is ofcourse better on a console. So is any other game, mobile phones are not made for games like that.
    05-15-08 11:05 AM
    I just bought it a couple hours ago, and I have to agree with everyone here. NOT worth it.
    What a wast of $12.74(I used a coupon code)!!!!
    05-24-08 04:27 PM
    I have played this on many at&t phones and have beat all 12 songs. They sound terrible and only use 3 keys. This make the game wayy easy.
    05-24-08 04:30 PM
    The three keys/12 songs thing is standard across ALL mobile devices.
    What really makes the blackberry version suck is that most Blackberries have small keys and are HORRIBLE for pressing in rapid succession as required for many songs.
    Also, the songs are MIDI! In the wireless carrier versions, the songs are mp3s. The blackberry must have more memory than the other songs. In fact, you have to download every song (it will only keep two downloaded songs at a time) on the Verizon version. Why the Blackberry version does not do this is beyond me.

Guitar Hero III for the Blackberry is truly a let down.
    07-12-08 10:52 PM
    If you're a member of the Blackberry Owners Lounge they are giving away 1000 copies. I grabbed one of the freebies and agree with most of you. The music does sound bad, and the small keys would be less of a problem to game play if they just put more space between them. Using, for example, the wsz line, the tgv and then ikm would have made it far more playable. I installed it on my first 8320, but have (unfortunately) had another two handsets since and I haven't even considered installing it again. As my copy was free though I don't really have the right to complain, but I have to admit that it is REALLY poor value at $15.00.
    07-13-08 06:47 AM
    This is a crap app for sure and I have deleted it from my 8310. I will stick to playing Black Magic Woman on my stratocaster.
    07-14-08 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD