I wiped my device and proceeded with the .61 update, which removed some of the icons I had with the Sprint .57 OS. Can anyone identify what this application has this icon? It was located in the Applications folder.

11-16-09 10:18 PM
    It looks like the search for certificates button. correct me if I"m wrong.
    11-16-09 10:21 PM
    I have that on my Curve and it is a little different, but more-or-less a certificate search. It usually only shows up after you update the OS while it isn't attached to service.

Such as if you have an old phone that you have replace, but still want to upgrade the OS (even if you have a different phone tied to that line).
    11-16-09 10:24 PM
    I think I got that when I had S/MIME installed...don't have it installed anymore, and no icon.
    11-16-09 10:35 PM
    These are off of my Curve:

11-16-09 10:40 PM
    Hrmm, I do remember that icon now, thanks! It was on the device as far as I can remember when I first got it and before taking a screenshot of that icon I know I had removed the S/MIME stuff from the Applications List in Options... are they connected at all?

stillborn86: what does this "app" do exactly?
    11-16-09 10:41 PM
    From what I have seen, if you wipe the device and reload everything while it isn't connected to a network, it stays open to receive whatever certificates the desired carrier needs. So, since your device/app doesn't know to use Verion/ATT/T-Mobile/Boost/Virgin, it can download the correct certificates when prompted to.

All of that could be false, but that's what has proven true to me...

Maybe, because of the BIS outage for the last few days, your app couldn't contact your service provider for the correct certificates and it just left that door open for when they became available.
    Last edited by stillborn86; 11-16-09 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Clarification
    11-16-09 10:44 PM
    Ahh, thanks for the clarification as there doesn't seem to be much mention of this item. Sounds like this item isn't something I'd need once the phone is up and running anyway...
    11-17-09 06:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD