Hey everyone. I tried installing GTalk for the bold, but it says unsupported device. Has Google released a version that works with the Bold or will I have to use another program? Thanks!
    09-06-08 12:36 PM
    Hey everyone. I tried installing GTalk for the bold, but it says unsupported device. Has Google released a version that works with the Bold or will I have to use another program? Thanks!
    Strange......mine works, but I did a full upgrade from the Curve to the Bold, so there was no check on what device I use, GTalk joined the backup/restore procedure. Perhaps you can download the ota file, put it on your sd card and then install it. I think that should work.

I tried it on my Bold and I do get it to download version 2.1.33. Do you use www.blackberry.com/googletalk?

Also.....GTalk for the BlackBerry is not a Google product, it's RIM's.

/Eric
    Last edited by EricO; 09-06-08 at 12:55 PM.
    09-06-08 12:44 PM
    Any idea where I can find the newest OTA file? I couldn't find it.
    09-06-08 12:48 PM
    Jump on rims website I think they have one

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-08 12:54 PM
    Any idea where I can find the newest OTA file? I couldn't find it.
    I'm sorry, wouldn't know where to get that. I think you should focus on why you can't install it over-the-air. Is your BB browser set to act as a BlackBerry browser, pointing at blackberry com / googletalk ? If you have another BlackBerry you could try the backup/restore process, but I'm not sure if that will work.

/Eric
    09-06-08 01:47 PM
    How does google talk work? is it VOIP? through wifi, 3g or edge? can you choose? and is it free?
    09-06-08 03:05 PM
    Its not VOIP.

Instant messaging using standard data (gprs/edge).
    09-06-08 03:28 PM
    I've noticed that I keep getting signed off of Gtalk. When I do, I get the error that it cannot connect to server. Anyone experiencing this as well? Not sure if it's a Bold thing, or a bug with the Gtalk app.

I'm running the standard OS for Bold.

Thanks!
    03-26-09 05:17 PM
    Yeah, it happens to me too..
    03-26-09 05:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD