Came across this blog post after just recently discovering Grooveshark.com. Any song, any artist on demand from blackberry will be awesome!

Grooveshark � Grooveshark iPhone App: Update
    12-22-09 01:25 AM
    just goto grooveshark.com on your blackberry browser (with bb browser not firefox) and it ask if you want to download... says not for storm though.

I am downloading storm version.. I will try disabling compat mode and let yall know....

)______________________________________update- It says downloading (blackberrystorm ) but after download there is no program in apps.

hmm weird..

anyone else on other bb's try

-murph
    Last edited by Murphy8276; 12-22-09 at 03:50 AM.
    12-22-09 03:45 AM
    Awwww man the app only works for vip members and to be vip you have to pay $3.00 a month. Dang I was excited about this app because grooveshark is all I ever use on my laptop but I guess I won't get the chance to use it my phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-09 05:54 AM
    Awwww man the app only works for vip members and to be vip you have to pay $3.00 a month. Dang I was excited about this app because grooveshark is all I ever use on my laptop but I guess I won't get the chance to use it my phone

what bb did u try this on?.. when u open the program it asks u to log in with your vip??

thanks

-murph
    12-22-09 07:35 PM
    what bb did u try this on?.. when u open the program it asks u to log in with your vip??

thanks

-murph
    I downloaded the app on my blackberry tour. It loaded fine but then told me I had to be a vip member to use the app and directed me to their site where I could become a vip member for $3 a month

12-23-09 05:55 AM
    I love grooveshark. For a while it was the only streaming music service I could use at work that wasn't blocked by the IT policy. Not anymore though, but too bad that you have to be a VIP to use the berry app
    12-23-09 07:05 AM
    Ok, so I didn't even bother to check the site on my BB before I started this thread, so after I saw these replies I went ahead and downloaded the app, and paid for a one month VIP membership for $3..... This is awesome!!

Any song you want, on demand, and the app also allows for playlists and best of all there is an option for every song "allow for offline playback". WOW! I am still unsure where or how the song is saved, but I am going to figure it out. The UI is actually very nice, I might have another favorite app. Surprised that I haven't ever seen anything about this app here on the forums. If you have $3 that you don't mind getting rid of, check it out! Beware that the $3 is a recurring monthly charge but you can pay just 1 month and cancel if you don't like it.

*update* the offline songs are saved in a folder on the sd card labeled "grooveshark" but are proprietary files, kind of like slacker does, and not .mp3 files, still awesome. for some reason I feel like this won't last long, can't imagine the RIAA being cool with this...

Last edited by Drogers4; 12-23-09 at 08:26 PM.
    12-23-09 08:16 PM
    12-23-09 08:33 PM
    I downloaded and paid for Grooveshark but it is not working. It says now playin but is not transmitting any sound. I am running the most up to date OS for my Bold... Please advise...
    12-24-09 08:59 AM
    Wish I could help you, I do not know what the problem could be. I actually had a problem with the app myself last night, it would not connect. I did a battery pull and it was fine after that. Maybe try sending an e-mail to their support?
    12-24-09 09:30 AM
    Wish I could help you, I do not know what the problem could be. I actually had a problem with the app myself last night, it would not connect. I did a battery pull and it was fine after that. Maybe try sending an e-mail to their support?

12-24-09 12:47 PM
    I'm not sure would it could be it seems like ever since I installed 5.0 OS my aol radio has no sound nor CBS... I need help bad!

12-24-09 12:48 PM
    I downloaded and paid for Grooveshark but it is not working. It says now playin but is not transmitting any sound. I am running the most up to date OS for my Bold... Please advise...
    I am having the same issue running .411 on the 9000. I can, however, download songs for offline playback, and they work fine.

12-26-09 11:46 AM
    Just want to let ya'll know that despite having great potential this program is essentially broken because it does not go from one song to the other at the end of a song. If you have a playlist or have the radio going each song will stall 2-5 seconds before the end and won't transfer. Which is really frustrating because you can't just load a playlist and walk away, you constantly have to skip to next song.

Hope this is fixed in next release. I am running 5.0.0.421 on my 9700 but I tried it on a Bold running 5.0.0.411 and it has the same issue.

12-27-09 08:08 AM
    Just want to let ya'll know that despite having great potential this program is essentially broken because it does not go from one song to the other at the end of a song. If you have a playlist or have the radio going each song will stall 2-5 seconds before the end and won't transfer. Which is really frustrating because you can't just load a playlist and walk away, you constantly have to skip to next song.

Hope this is fixed in next release. I am running 5.0.0.421 on my 9700 but I tried it on a Bold running 5.0.0.411 and it has the same issue.

I have not had this problem, once or twice the song has just frozen, forcing me to skip to the next. The app is far from perfect, but I am seeing potential for this tobe one of the best apps we've ever seen. The possibilities are endless, there is no other music service offering anything like this.
    12-27-09 09:32 AM
    I downloaded on my Tour, and it keeps telling me to update to the newest version as soon as I open the app. Even though its the same version, I've humoured it a few times anyway, and it still tells me to update and restart.
    01-02-10 06:07 PM
    I REALLY wish this app would work, I will be discontinuing my 3 bucks a month if the bb app doesnt get fixed. Most of the songs play w/ glitches, stop, cause the hourglass.. Playlists do not work, checking for albums does not work, most everything does not work. I am on a compatible phone/os. I thought this was so great until I tried using it.
    07-02-10 03:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD