I downloaded Grindr on my BB Curve 9300. It works perfectly on wi-fi networks but not on 3G. More specifically, when I am on 3G, other users can see me and I can see them, but the chat function does not work. Any idea what's happening here?
    01-24-11 08:31 AM
    I downloaded Grindr on my BB Curve 9300. It works perfectly on wi-fi networks but not on 3G. More specifically, when I am on 3G, other users can see me and I can see them, but the chat function does not work. Any idea what's happening here?
    I have the exact same problem. Tried googling an answer and only found this thread. Have you found a solution? If so, please let me know as it's getting very frustrating. meinca123NOSPAM at gmail dot com
    05-08-11 05:55 PM
    I think I found the solution. My Grindr was also working only on wi-fi.
    You have to set up the connection to use only BIS/BES (i don't remember exactly which I've chosen). To make this, you should shut down all the connections of the phone and attempt to use Grindr. Then a message pops up in the screen saying you have no connection and you go to the Connection Settings. There you should change from "Automatic" to BIS.
    I has worked for me. Hope it helps.
    08-09-11 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD