Read an article in MotorTrend about a great app that voice alerts you of locations that have either Traffic Light Cams, usual speed traps and a few other police hide out types. It works with your GPS and is free. I tested it today and it worked great. Trapster� - Speed Trap Sharing System OTA avialable for the storm and others..
    01-23-09 05:12 PM
    i have this app to and love it.
    01-23-09 05:23 PM
    Yup App and posts like this one can be found in the third party apps thread. As also in the OTA apps thread. Works really well LOL found a few speed traps right away.
    01-23-09 05:31 PM
    it doesnt work great with the storm though because it doesnt work wit hthe click screen on the map. touch only.

i have had trouble getting it to work right in general too.

but its a cool concept.

and yes, please put app posts in the 3rd party app forum to avoid a modderator castrating you with a wwii era japanese device.
    01-23-09 05:33 PM
    I cant get it to download with .90 software..... it fails and says "909 Application authentication failure"
    01-23-09 05:47 PM
    Great app, few problems I have are the map not tracking my loc as I move and the black light keeps turning off, even though the settings are set correctly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 05:57 PM
    nothing is wrong with using it like a radar detector etc... freak
    Actually it's better than a radar detector, they banned them here under some BS signals interception laws, they can't ban longitude and latitudes however
    01-24-09 08:54 AM
    I have this APP and also have a radar dectector that also tells me of speed traps as well, I use them both together. I normally drive close to 100mph to work in the early mornings. I have yet to get a speeding ticket with this phone and radar detector combined.
    01-24-09 09:44 AM
    I have this APP and also have a radar dectector that also tells me of speed traps as well.
    Don't know about the US, but radar detectors are mostly pointless these days in Australia since the cops moved to laser/lidar, radar splatters all over the place and can be detected a mile away, laser is a tiny dot and by the time you can detect it, it's too late.
    01-24-09 10:01 AM
    i have this app to and love it.
    If you love it is because it works well on your Storm. Do you have any problem with it, it really works well?
    01-24-09 11:23 AM
    If you love it is because it works well on your Storm. Do you have any problem with it, it really works well?
    I did a quick test of it earlier and it seemed ok. Works well on the storm, not like some other apps.
    01-24-09 11:44 AM
    I did a quick test of it earlier and it seemed ok. Works well on the storm, not like some other apps.
    Thank you very much for the reply and feedback.
    01-24-09 11:46 AM
    I'm actually interested in learning more about the app. Is it better to have compatibility mode on or off using the storm? I found navigation to be a pain. How do you get back the initial instructions?
    01-24-09 01:01 PM
    Can we just talk about the app and not argue why this app should or shouldn't be used??

I think it's a neat idea and I like it.
    01-24-09 01:07 PM
    I'm actually interested in learning more about the app. Is it better to have compatibility mode on or off using the storm? I found navigation to be a pain. How do you get back the initial instructions?
    I didn't seem to need compatability mode, which version did you install?
    01-24-09 01:30 PM
    I tried trapster with .86 but kept gettin searching location so I deleted it. Now that I have .90 I tried it again but it still constantly says searching location. I am on verizon but I see some of u have Verizon but it still works for u so its not them blocking the gps signal. I set my gps to enable location aiding and took it off 911 only. What else do I have to do? I should note that my nav4all app works perfectly fine.
    01-24-09 02:13 PM
    hey Guys,
    I have this program and it doesnt work at all! it always says Searching for location.
    is there any setting that i need to use?
    using 9530 - .76
    many thanks
    01-24-09 05:34 PM
    hey Guys,
    I have this program and it doesnt work at all! it always says Searching for location.
    is there any setting that i need to use?
    using 9530 - .76
    many thanks
    did you try using it outdoors?
    01-24-09 05:38 PM
    ok i have an "on topic" question.......

i installed ths app on my storm and i love it. i have been able to indicate multiple points in my area and mark them on there accordingly, i also noticed many of the spots i was going to mark were already marked, so many people do use this. i give it an "A".

i have a question on it though regarding the alerts. i was messing with it when i installed it here at work and i guess theres a "hiding spot" close to my building and it started screaming "police often hide here", which was humorous at the time. there are 2 bluetooth settings for the alerts but i dont know which one to use. i have a Bluetooth� Headset H690. i was wondering if anyone else has synced their bluetooth to this ware successfully and if so what option did you choose? thanks guys.
    01-24-09 07:35 PM
    Thanks for all of the off-topic posts here, but like a few others
    I am experiencing "searching location" i am running .90 and can not figure out why it's not running correctly, GPS is ON.
    01-24-09 07:59 PM
    Back to the topic. Are people running .75 on their Storm having success with this application? I'll probably download it tonight, but I wanted to see how smoothly it was running and if I should just wait for the app to be upgraded?

Thanks.
    Last edited by JeffH; 01-24-09 at 09:11 PM. Reason: deleted ref to deleted OT posts
    01-24-09 08:17 PM
    I just mod'd this thread from 8 pages down to 2. Keep it on topic.
    Last edited by JeffH; 01-24-09 at 09:16 PM.
    01-24-09 08:55 PM
    Thanks Jeff. After reading all the on topic posts, it doesn't seem like people are having great success with the app. Are people noticing any major memory or battery leaks?

Thanks.

01-24-09 10:21 PM
    I went out to the movies tonight, and out on the road it worked fine. Audible alerts are very cool. It was fun hearing the device speak "Police often sit here" or w/e it said. And that was accurate, as they do. I got it for more of a toy but still cool none-the-less.
    01-24-09 11:32 PM
    I went out to the movies tonight, and out on the road it worked fine. Audible alerts are very cool. It was fun hearing the device speak "Police often sit here" or w/e it said. And that was accurate, as they do. I got it for more of a toy but still cool none-the-less.
    glad you got it working, i wasnt sure how you were having trouble with it. yeah the alerts are great, as long as your in your car, not in a call center on the phone with a customer and it starts screaming about cops lol.

did you try it with a bluetooth headset? im still not sure how to set mine up with it.
    Thanks Jeff. After reading all the on topic posts, it doesn't seem like people are having great success with the app. Are people noticing any major memory or battery leaks?

Thanks.
    no leaks, runs very smooth. im having complete success with it, very easy to setup, very easy to use, and it really does work (see my previous post) you must try it. as far as battery drain yes, as with anything utilizing GPS streaming a signal youll have natural drain, its now horrible drain, but its drain. id think you could run it for about 3 hours on full charge before the battery dies. Car charger for the win.

I just mod'd this thread from 8 pages down to 2. Keep it on topic.
    thank you!
    01-25-09 12:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD