I am new to the blackberry and presently have a storm running .86 software. I love the phone. One thing I would like to see is an app that allows the ring tone to change in a rotation or just random. You can put different ring tones in a folder and the phone will play one of them when it rings. I know this will not work for those who have different ring tones for different people, but for us that keep one ring tone it would be nice. This way, you can have different ring tones and not get tired of the same one playing over and over and over and over. Just a thought. I am not up on creating apps, but if I were this would be a great creation i think.
    01-15-09 01:17 PM
    I have a great idea for an app that would get new people to post in the correct forums.

This should be in the 3rd party apps forum at the top of the Storm forum. BTW, welcome to the concentration camp we call the Storm forums on Crackberry. Ya better streighten up.

Oh and that's a good idea, but it may not happen. I don't think the SDK has the ability to interact with the sound profiles.
    01-15-09 01:20 PM
    I have a great idea for an app that would get new people to post in the correct forums.

This should be in the 3rd party apps forum at the top of the Storm forum. BTW, welcome to the concentration camp we call the Storm forums on Crackberry. Ya better streighten up.

Oh and that's a good idea, but it may not happen. I don't think the SDK has the ability to interact with the sound profiles.
    SORRY!!! Didn't mean to ruin your day with a simple mistake. I am sure you have high speed internet and it took all of .10 seconds to pull up this thread and you could have just said in a nice way that there is a 3rd party apps forum. I missed it honestly. Moderators please move....wont happen again.
    01-15-09 01:26 PM
    ...oh don't get me started on that resticted API ;-)....
    01-15-09 01:29 PM
    SORRY!!! Didn't mean to ruin your day with a simple mistake. I am sure you have high speed internet and it took all of .10 seconds to pull up this thread and you could have just said in a nice way that there is a 3rd party apps forum. I missed it honestly. Moderators please move....wont happen again.
    lol, I hope you know I was being humerous in that post. I know you're new, but you'll soon discover I jest a lot on here while poking fun at the natives.... hence the House avatar.
    01-15-09 01:33 PM
    I'll move it.
    01-15-09 01:35 PM
    lol, I hope you know I was being humerous in that post. I know you're new, but you'll soon discover I jest a lot on here while poking fun at the natives.... hence the House avatar.
    Yes I know. And oh how I love House, great show. Hugh Laurie is a great actor and disguises his accent very well. And he is just plain fun.
    01-15-09 01:36 PM
    How would you ever know if your phone was ringing if it rang a different tone each time? Especially since the phone is not smart enough to vibrate and ring at the same time.
    01-15-09 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD