Hello, all! I just got my new Bold last week, and I have a question. I'd like to put an application on it which will allow my "special friend" to locate me, using either his computer or his phone. Unfortunately, he currently has a dumbphone. (I'm working on him.) Anyway, I see two options: InstaMapper and Google Latitude. Anyone have any impressions? Can he use his dumbphone, which does have a data plan, on InstaMapper? We live quite far apart and this would help us we're driving to meet one another, so I prefer a program/application which he can use on the go.

Additionally, my two children have BB Curves. I'd like to put a similar program on their phones. The catch: I don't want them to always find ME! I've read through previous posts, and it seems that they would also be able to sort of "fake" their location, or just give the city, when I'm looking for real-time, specific addresses. This would indicate that Google Latitude is not the way to go with them. Thoughts? InstaMapper? Google Latitude?

I'd really appreciate everyone's input.

Thanks a million!
    12-30-09 06:14 PM
    For your use, I would get your special friend on a SmartPhone and use Google
    Latitude. My girlfriend and I live 7 hours away, she is a Palm Treo user, I use the Bold, and it works just fine for what you are wanting.

As for your kids, I assume with you having a Bold, you are on AT&T? If your kids are on the 8310 Curve (The one with the GPS), AT&T has a service that's just what you are looking for. With it, THEY track the phones you tell them to and you access it through them. Your kids can't disable it. Even if they turn off the GPS, you'll still get the cell tower triangulation info that get's you close to where they are.
    They can't disable it, and they can't see where you are.
    12-31-09 11:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD