Hi does anyone know of any software that can save a location that is not a postal address in on my maps layer of google maps? The reason I need this is to save locations of graves (yes sad I know but I do family history ) I have tried to save as a favourite then edit with a cross icon to separate them from other addresses but it seems to jump to the nearest postal address.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-10 03:07 AM
    If you use Blackstar you can save waypoints/GPS locations and it will open them in Google Maps or BlackBerry Maps, also you can import locations into Blackstar....I think that would do what you are asking.

I use Blackstar for a similar-ish application to you and it works just fine for me
    07-20-10 09:59 AM
    Thanks for the info Neill ! It looks great! Can you export saved waypoints from it so they appear on Google Maps permanently on both my maps layer on Google Maps on my computer and also the Blackberry?
    07-20-10 06:55 PM
    Thanks for the info Neill ! It looks great! Can you export saved waypoints from it so they appear on Google Maps permanently on both my maps layer on Google Maps on my computer and also the Blackberry?
    There's a thing in Google Maps for BB called My Maps which I think allows you to add places on your computer and then they show up on your BB Google Maps but I've never played with it. I know you need to log into your Google account via Google Maps on the BB to get it working though.

There's some info here: My Maps - Maps Help
    07-21-10 04:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD