Hello;

I'm trying to research the best GPS navigation system to install on my 8830. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    02-29-08 01:16 PM
    I use VZW's Nav system...I've been using it for a couple of years and like it a lot.
    02-29-08 01:19 PM
    Does it it give voice direction, landmark businesses, etc?
    02-29-08 01:21 PM
    It does give voice turn-by-turn directions...it's one of my favorite features!

I don't know what you mean by landmark businesses, so I can't answer that, sorry...
    02-29-08 02:06 PM
    Does it it give voice direction, landmark businesses, etc?
    If you are referring to Points of Interest (POIs) then yes, it does. I used to briefly when I had Verizon.
    02-29-08 02:28 PM
    There is an old version of the mapquest software that works for free. I have it and love it, turn by turn, it has voice, POI and everything. I'm even considering buying the new one since it looks like it has so many new cool functions

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-08 10:25 AM
    I'm a telenav user - it's worth the $9.99/month for me. If you do a search on GPS or Telenav or Maps or just visit the GPS forum you will find a LOT of opinions on this issue - and some pretty usefull background for you to base your decision on.
    03-03-08 11:16 AM
    Or you can make a one time purchase for this:

Freedom Keychain GPS 2000 - ShopCrackBerry

and link it up to google maps
    03-03-08 11:21 AM
    TeleNav rocks, best there is for a GPS application. I have tried/tested all the free ones and a couple of commercial apps (like CoPilot Live). Yes it costs, and you get what you pay for.

That said, Nav4All is probably the best of the free apps.

My opinion.
    03-03-08 11:26 AM
    I have Verizon with VZ Navigator. I love it. One cool feature is the ablility to log into your online VZ Navigator account via a desktop computer. You can search for addresses or enter addresses from your computer, sync and save them as a favorite, them pull them up later on your phone while your on the go.
    09-26-08 11:21 PM
    I tested out the new Garmin Mobile on a trip last week and it worked perfectly, I don't remember the price though but I don't drive enough to justify a pay GPS app. I use Nav4All on the occasion I need directions.
    09-27-08 08:41 AM
    Garmin offers a GPS app for BB devices, if you have a BB with built in GPS its $99 if you don't have a BB with built in GPS its $149. There is one downside and that is if you have your BB replaced under warranty, get it stolen or lost well you have to buy again.

On the upside if you buy AT&T Navigator all year $10x12 mos plus tax about $130 a year.
    09-27-08 10:54 PM
    Definitely TeleNav. It rules!
    09-28-08 01:13 AM
    Get mapquest, it's got everything you need and it is not the most expensive out there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-08 06:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD