Google Maps doesn't seem to work with GPS on the Bell Tour for anyone. Really odd considering GPS works fine in BB Maps.

Also, did anyone get the YouTube app to work for them?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 06:52 AM
    Google Maps doesn't seem to work with GPS on the Bell Tour for anyone. Really odd considering GPS works fine in BB Maps.

Also, did anyone get the YouTube app to work for them?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I could not get past accepting the terms for YouTube
    07-13-09 07:35 AM
    Regarding the GPS not working for some people, it could be because you're in a building and you're not getting a good connection to a satellite. I think that's my problem here at work. Though I haven't tried going outside yet.
    07-13-09 07:37 AM
    Well here are at least some shortcuts for now, despite the obvious intention being for touch screen functionality:

my location -- 0 [zero]
    zoom in/out -- 3 (I) / 1 (O [letter o])
    map/satellite view toggle -- 2
    traffic view -- 7
    results list/view on map toggle -- #
    next/previous result -- 6/4
    more search options -- 9
    favorites -- *
    07-13-09 07:55 AM
    Thanks Mark, I see you are taking a strong liking to this phone
    No more so than I like my Curve/8900.

But I do like the key spacing better on the Curve/8900's keyboard. i.e. I find it easier for my thumbs to kit the keys on the 8900 because of how they are laid out.
    07-13-09 08:35 AM
    So here's an issue: Google Maps worked PERFECTLY for me. So i uninstalled BB Maps and now Google Maps can't find my location....any ideas?
    07-13-09 02:44 PM
    Does anyone know if Google Maps is supposed to be able to use the GPS on the Pearl Flip 8230 (Verizon)? It doesn't seem to be able to on mine and uses tower triangulation, however BB Maps is able to lock onto 10 satellites very quickly. I thought ALL VZW Blackberry devices from the 9530 on were supposed to have unlocked GPS modules? AmazeGPS is also unable to find the GPS hardware.

(yes, GPS is turned on; and all permissions are set to allow. Also, Google Maps shows a menu option for an External Bluetooth GPS)
    07-13-09 09:35 PM
    Does anyone know if Google Maps is supposed to be able to use the GPS on the Pearl Flip 8230 (Verizon)?
    Google maps isn't working on the 8230, nor is it working on the Curve/8330m from Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, etc.

Rumor has it, the GPS chip in these models is different, and Google has to fix their code. . Not sure how true that is.. just repeating whate Ive read.
    07-13-09 11:43 PM
    Thanks Mark Venture, just making sure my unit wasn't messed up. As long as I can get BB Maps to work for directions, it's all good; as all I use Google Maps for is zooming in and checking out street view during down time.
    07-14-09 09:04 AM
    FYI Google *just* updated Maps with the Tour information so now if you re-download it will recognize your device as non-touch screen.
    07-16-09 01:07 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD