I know that VZ Navigator is a GPS app for the 9650, but I understand that it has a $9.99 monthly charge? Is this correct?
    Is there a free GPS app that has voice navigation?
    06-10-11 01:44 PM
    give LifeInPocket a try. It's kind of a bloated app but the voice nav feature is good. And free.
    06-10-11 01:48 PM
    This doesn't show the map and voice nav at the same time though. I'm looking for something that does. Doesn't matter if it's free as long as there's no monthly charge.
    06-10-11 08:16 PM
    Have you looked at Garmin for Blackberry? I had Garmin on my last BB and it worked great. Kinda pricey though. It's a one time charge of $100 for GPS enabled phones but you get lifetime updates. There is a 7 day free trial. Garmin | Garmin Mobile for BlackBerry - Turn your BlackBerry into a savvy navigator with Garmin Mobile.
    Last edited by ba_hamilton; 06-11-11 at 12:27 AM.
    06-11-11 12:17 AM
    There are no free GPS applications that I would describe as "good" for the BlackBerry.

The Garmin application is probably the best one.

Personally, I would recommended getting an inexpensive dedicated GPS unit instead.
    06-11-11 08:35 AM
    I use Black Berry Traffic from RIM
    This is a free app that focus's on traffic while providing turn by turn instructions as you drive, as well as written instructions and a simple bar display showing green, yellow and red bands on your route showing where traffic slows down or stops. You can of course check alternate routes to see if you can find a faster way when things slow down. The traffic features are spot on for my commute - it also includes a one click message feature that sends a message to who ever you have on your list with a simple note saying " I will arrive at 5:45" based on your projected arrival time. I use this ever day on the way in and home to see how the commute is looking and the message feature is an easy way to alert my wife (via a text message) with a single click - when I will be home (at least I don't have to hear the sigh in her voice when I tell her I am running late)
    From what I read - the traffic features use the collective GPS info from all users to calculate their speed along the route and from that data they can determine where the slow downs are?

The turn by turn is a little slow at times but give it a shot.
    06-11-11 05:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD