Hey guys,

i'm new to this forum and bb in general...

recently i've found out that using wifix it make possible to run google maps and such on wifi (i dont have a data plan and not planning on getting one either). so u tried wifix trial but google maps is still not running. the same messages pops up as before and i really have no clue what to do...

weather eye, nimbuzz or bb app world works though (facebook doesn't)

can someone please advise me what should i do, what option should i change to make this thing work?dosn thsi mean there's something wrong in settings?

thanks a lot for your help in advance!
    Last edited by ruytis; 07-28-10 at 09:45 AM.
    07-28-10 09:09 AM
    Same problem here...

Haven't really invested much time into it yet though...

Just installed it and expected it out of the box. When it didn't I went to bed.

I'll have another look at it later and report.
    07-29-10 02:54 AM
    Because you do not have a data plan, you never received the Service Books from the data plan server - called BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) - that enable the data connections (including WiFi), Google Maps has no idea where to look for its connections.

Get a data plan and all will be well. A BlackBerry without a data plan is a very poor device.
    07-29-10 03:08 AM
    Because you do not have a data plan, you never received the Service Books from the data plan server - called BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) - that enable the data connections (including WiFi), Google Maps has no idea where to look for its connections.

Get a data plan and all will be well. A BlackBerry without a data plan is a very poor device.

Pete. You sound like a man in the know. I have got a data plan but I'm currently out of the country on business.

I bought the prepaid data from att before I left and blew through it in no time.

I'm attempting to config my bold so that it only uses wifi and doesn't get my any more overage on my att data.

That's where I'm struggling. I thought that the wifix would be the answer, but it doesn't seem to work for me...
    07-29-10 03:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD