I had previously been using Ramble but I like that on JiveTalk I can access Yahoo and AIM... kind of like Trillian, which I use on my laptop.

Question is... how do I log out of it? I went to where it says Close and then I went on my laptop and it says I was still signed in.

Also... is JiveTalk good? I know it's still in testing but I wanted to know how it compared to Ramble, I guess.
    03-23-07 08:28 AM
    Ironically, i have it on my BB but dont use it as everyone i communicate with i use BB Messenger or Email. However i have heard excellent feedback on it.

And if i remember to log out there is an option in the menu of sorts....
    03-23-07 09:11 AM
    I need to change professions or something, maybe then I would have friends/co-workers to communicate with on BB Messenger.

And thanks, I figured out that there's a Log Out button.. but there's also a Force Shutdown and Close button and I have no idea what the difference between the two are.
    03-23-07 09:36 AM
    Logging out will do just that, then you'll have to close it unless you want it running in the background. The force shutdown is used when you can't get out of the program the normal way.

I have found JiveTalk to be an excellent IM program. I have had a few issues along the way, and I just email support with the issue, and more often than not, they get back to me within the hour. It is a great app!
    03-23-07 02:39 PM
    Maybe i should use that eh Kasper...rather than my messages getting to you via carrier pigeon!
    03-23-07 03:18 PM
    Yeah, I don't know what the problem with BB Messeger is lately.
    03-23-07 03:23 PM
    IS it just me?
    03-23-07 03:24 PM
    Logging out will do just that, then you'll have to close it unless you want it running in the background. The force shutdown is used when you can't get out of the program the normal way.
    I wish that when you log out, it would close at the same time. Other than that, I'm really liking JiveTalk...

Friday I did have a problem, it wasn't sending my messages for a while, but then I restarted my BB and it fixed itself.
    03-26-07 08:09 AM
    I dont think its always the BB itsself that causes the issues...more the network....

Shame ....

I also wanted to ask....in BB Messenger - when you send a messgae sometimes it get a tick with D or sometiems with R

What is that? Please?
    03-26-07 08:29 AM
    I dont think its always the BB itsself that causes the issues...more the network....
    Probably. Oh well, I wasn't supposed to be chatting anyway, lol!
    03-26-07 08:45 AM
    I also wanted to ask....in BB Messenger - when you send a messgae sometimes it get a tick with D or sometiems with R

What is that? Please?
    The D means delivered, and the R means it was read.
    03-26-07 09:13 AM
    Well that is cool.... Kinda makes sense but still...

You learn soemthing new everyday!
    03-26-07 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD