We at gWhiz are happy to announce our latest FREE software offering: got-2 (BETA)!

You can download got-2 from our website, either OTA or to your desktop.

A description (and screenshot) follows:

got-2: Task Management For "List People"

If you prefer crossing items off your list versus constantly checking your calendar, then our new, FREE, got-2 Task Manager is for you. Not only does it synchronize nicely with the task list and BlackBerry calendar, it also allows you to easily generate task lists and sublists. And...it's FREE.

You might think that those features would make got-2 cool enough...but...

got-2 also has an sophisticated reminder system that will alert you either by a given date/time or a GPS location!

got-2's GPS location alerts can prompt you when you are near home, a business, a friends house, or anywhere you'd like to be reminded of something. No more leaving the store without remembering everything you wanted to get; No more forgetting to pick up something that was on the way. Save your sanity and your gas, never backtrack again!

Key Features:

* One easy to read screen with collapsible lists, subtasks, and agenda items.
    * Choose your preferred view: simple list or week agenda.
    * Get alerts based on time or location
    * Share tasks and lists via email
    * Prioritize-as-you-go by moving items up/down
    * Keep track of progress by marking off tasks, appointments, agenda items, and subtasks.
    * Stores data in BlackBerry Tasks and Calendar - synchronizes with Outlook and Google calendar.
    * Location integration with Google or BlackBerry maps.
    * It's FREE!

Last edited by skicson; 08-21-08 at 12:32 PM. Reason: corrected desktop link
    08-15-08 07:31 AM
    I'm a fan of gWhiz!
    08-15-08 07:36 AM
    Thanks srplummer! Our BlackBerry users have been great!
    08-15-08 08:07 AM
    Thanks for the heads up.

Downloaded and checking it out on my 8830.

Thought I was ok with "tasks" and my "calendar" but maybe this will integrate them a bit better I spose. And then some, it seems.
    08-15-08 04:22 PM
    Those are some sweet apps on your product page. I am a biochem grad student and will give them all the good run.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-08 05:15 PM
    This sounds like it could be extremely useful!
    08-15-08 07:54 PM
    Very nice apps you've got. Very nice looking with a great interface. Great work.
    08-15-08 09:01 PM
    Agreed. So far I am impressed.

08-15-08 09:22 PM
    Great free app.

Don't like to criticize a free app...but...a suggestion for (my) regular use is more categories options (ie sort by category, assign a category, etc.).
    08-16-08 09:48 AM
    Sounds cool...checked the website out and looks like I might be giving it a try...why not? IT'S FREE!
    08-16-08 10:00 AM
    Thanks to everyone for the kind words and suggestions. Please let us know what you think of the app and how we can improve it.

Thanks again!
    08-18-08 10:35 AM
    Thanks this app- is very useful as I am VERY forgetful!!

08-18-08 03:50 PM
    just dl right now. Can't wait to mess around with it. Great job.
    08-18-08 11:42 PM
    I'm a registered user of BBTask Pro. However, I deleted it from my BB. My big problem was this... Reminders pop up for tasks that may take a while to deal with. When they pop up in MS Outlook, I don't dismiss them. But, you can't really have undismissed reminders popping up on a BB. So, when I dismissed the reminders on my BB and sync'd, the reminders disappeared from Outlook which made BBTask Pro absolutely worthless. BBTask Pro's developer told me that reminders weren't sync'd with Outlook, but that's not the case, so I had to delete it.

Your program sounds like it has some very interesting features, but if I'm going to have the same problems with sync'd reminders, it's not worth even a free download.
    08-20-08 06:43 AM
    Downloading now and will try it soon. I as well deleted BBTask Pro for similar reasons
    08-20-08 06:51 AM
    looked good what I played with, took a Bunch of memory so I had to let it go. I use an 8110 so I have to be pretty selective.
    08-20-08 07:09 AM

i'm new...im trying to get this app but i get this message "gWhiz currently runs on blackberry phones with software version 4.2 or higher ( including bb pearl and curve models) and we're working on more. i have OS 4.5.0.55, why is not working
    08-20-08 07:21 AM
    Would having GPS based reminders require the phones GPS to be running continuously? Battery life issues?
    08-20-08 07:37 AM
    Got2 it now I just have to get use2 it! ")

08-20-08 07:43 AM
    finally got it! well i will play with it and report later.
    08-20-08 07:57 AM
    One problem: when I try to set locations, I can set my current location, but when I type in a street address, a thing pops up that says "requesting geocode" and then it disappears and takes me back to where I typed the location in. Is there a fix for that?

08-20-08 08:12 AM
    Apologies for the troubles - It sounds like it can't reach the geocode server - do you have a data plan?

One problem: when I try to set locations, I can set my current location, but when I type in a street address, a thing pops up that says "requesting geocode" and then it disappears and takes me back to where I typed the location in. Is there a fix for that?

08-20-08 08:27 AM
    [/color] Yeah I do. I checked the help in the app again, and it says for confirmation of the address it uses google maps or bb maps. Does that mean one of those have to be installed for that to work? [/color]

08-20-08 08:31 AM
    how much space does the app take?
    08-20-08 08:35 AM
    Just downloaded it and looks like it will be very useful to me. Gonna check out some of the other apps on the site as well. Thanks.

08-20-08 08:59 AM
136 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD