View Poll Results: Your choice for Visual Voicemail

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Google Voicemail

19 65.52%
  • YouMail

10 34.48%
    Google Voicemail or YouMail? what is your choice for visual voicemail?

any pros or cons?
    11-08-09 01:51 PM
    I used Youmail for a long time. I have no problems with it. I switched to Google voice when I recieved my invite, to see how it would be. They both work, but what sealed the deal with Google, for me, was the free transcribed voicemails. That's actually a pay service on Youmail. There's just so many things I can do with GV, it just made sense to me to stay with it, as opposed to having YM for this and GV for that.
    11-08-09 01:56 PM
    If someone would like to send a Google Voice invite my way, I'd be happy to offer my opinion of the 2.
    11-08-09 02:16 PM
    I use Verizons Visual Voicemail. I don't like to give to much information and control to any one entity. There is no way I would use YouMail, Google Voice is cool, but I don't use the Visual Voicemail aspect of it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 03:39 PM
    I thought about YouMail, except of course it really isn't "free". It's the no charge for call forwarding that makes it kinda "free." But you have to pay for voice to text, which Google gives you for free. Except of course that the transcription is so bad it's basically worthless. Still, I'll wait for Google to upgrade the voice program before I'll pay for it on YouMail.
    11-08-09 04:02 PM
    I also use Verizon's Visual Voicemail. It works fine. However, there is a small cost for it.
    11-08-09 04:09 PM
    I guess I'm the first person voting for Youmail.

I've used both and I still do. The only thing is.. I use GV for Canadian calls and free text messaging.

I still use YM for vm. The kicker is that Youmail sends you email notifications if you miss a call. Which is a bonus when you're underground in NYC.
    11-08-09 04:16 PM
    Please bare with me?

Can I get Google VoiceMail?
    If so how?

I'm on Sprint / 8330

[email protected]

11-08-09 05:02 PM
    my provider now has visual voicemail so no need for these products now
    11-08-09 05:49 PM
    well I dont think sprint has visual voicemail for free anyways
    11-08-09 06:52 PM
    Verizon visual voice mail is awesome.
    11-08-09 07:07 PM
    Verizon visual voice mail is awesome.
    but you have to pay for it....
    11-08-09 07:20 PM
    but you have to pay for it....
    Yep, and it's worth all 299 pennies per month.
    11-08-09 07:25 PM
    Used both and I prefer GV. I'm forwarding all my calls that I don't answer to GV and the app works great.

11-08-09 07:57 PM
    I just got my GV setup to handle my voicemail because Sprint just waived the call forwarding fee. So far, I love it. The transcriptions are kinda crappy at times, but I love everything else. One big bonus is the personalized greetings -- I have a greeting for all my customers, a greeting for my wife, one for my "dudes", and one for my Dad, etc. They are all caught off guard by it. Seems to be a great app -- and it's FREE!

11-08-09 08:14 PM
    I prefer Google Voice over Youmail.

11-08-09 08:30 PM
    I just switched over to Google VM having used YouMail for a while now and am enjoying Google VM. The only feature I miss is YouMail's intelligent greetings which put the name of the caller into a generic greeting if it recognizes caller ID. I'm sure Google will come up with it eventually.

The biggest plus on Google's side is the ability to ring me multiple phones first. Something YouMail doesn't have.
    11-08-09 09:49 PM
    I havent used Google Voicemail yet, but I like the feature on YouMail that allows you to upload your contacts and they are personally greeted. Does google's do that too ?
    11-08-09 10:01 PM
    YouMail. I didn't like the thee extra rings the caller heard when forwarding to GV. Also, I like YouMails smart greetings and that they support uploading prerecorded greetings. I would probably use GV if the transcriptions didn't suck so bad, but would still miss the greeting features of YouMail.

11-08-09 10:33 PM
    YouMail. I didn't like the thee extra rings the caller heard when forwarding to GV. Also, I like YouMails smart greetings and that they support uploading prerecorded greetings. I would probably use GV if the transcriptions didn't suck so bad, but would still miss the greeting features of YouMail.

what are these greeting features? is it personalized voicemails for each caller? if so, GV has that too
    11-08-09 10:36 PM
    I prefer GV because its all free, it connects to multiple phones, and the GV app isn't a memory hog. I tried YouMail awhile back and just never got into it.
    11-08-09 10:39 PM
    Yep, and it's worth all 299 pennies per month.
    I rather keep my 299 pennies and spend it on something else...like a hot dog
    11-08-09 10:41 PM
    what are these greeting features? is it personalized voicemails for each caller? if so, GV has that too
    Ya, GV has personalized greetings similar to YouMail. But YouMail allows you to upload greetings (GV doesn't), and if you don't have a recorded greeting assigned, YouMail will play a greeting based on caller id name. Prerecorded greetings are nice if you want a professional sounding (or funny, etc) greeting.
    11-08-09 11:38 PM
    I like YouMail because of the greeting options and the intelligent voice greeting that people get. It's great when someone calls you and the voicemail says their name in the greeting. I see no point in switching due to transcription when everyone says the transcription isn't that great anyway. When the transcription gets good then I might look into changing.
    11-09-09 07:31 PM
    Can some one email me or pin me if you know how? / If? I can get. Google Voice Mail?

[email protected]
    pin:30cc249e

11-09-09 07:48 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD