I was not fond of giving out a new number, but the free calling won me over.
    07-27-09 12:01 PM
    Loving it. To skip having to tell all my personal contacts my new number, I just have all voicemail forwarded to gvoice. I have 2 phones and finally I can have my voicemail all in one place. I also don't have a home phone but never really liked giving out my cell#. The gvoice number comes in handy for me.
    07-27-09 12:09 PM
    I applied for an invite but I'm still not sure if it works in the UK. Does anyone know if it does?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 01:03 PM
    I just recently got GV and so I'm not using it a lot just yet. My plan to provide this number to businesses and the like because I hate when places call day and night trying to get to you. I currently have the "Do Not Disturb" on so everything goes right to voice mail. Once I start using it more, I'll probably change my settings but not to many people have my number yet.
    07-27-09 01:48 PM
    I applied for an invite but I'm still not sure if it works in the UK. Does anyone know if it does?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I don't think so... I believe it it US only for now.
    07-27-09 02:59 PM
    its worth having if you have family in another country.

i live in the u.s, but all of my family is in australia. up until now i used skype to call them, which was a pain because i had to be at home. but with GV, i can call anyone in australia from my blackberry for $0.03/min (dirt cheap), AND i can sms people back home for free. if i tried to do either of these through verizon, it would cost me a FORTUNE.

i've also noticed recently that it still works perfectly on by BB when i have 1X connection rather than 1XEV (which is great, because i usually drop to 1X inside my house). now that i know this, ill probably start giving out my GV number to businesses and such that i dont particularly want to give my cell too. i dont give it to friends though, as 99% of the people i know are on verizon too, so calls are free anyway.

it really comes down to what you use it for, some people just dont need it and wont really benifit from it. its a huge convienence thing for me with family overseas. also remember GV is new, im pretty sure it will grow alot once its available for all of the public to use.

my 2c.
    07-28-09 07:38 AM
    i love gv. i use it daily. didnt someone mention that it is voip so it doesnt use your minutes as well? i have yet to actually test that.
    07-28-09 07:52 AM
    i love gv. i use it daily. didnt someone mention that it is voip so it doesnt use your minutes as well? i have yet to actually test that.
    It does use your minutes if accessed from your phone.
    07-28-09 07:54 AM
    It does use your minutes if accessed from your phone.
    well either way i dont care. im not gonna go over so it doesnt matter.
    07-28-09 09:17 AM
    I got an invite but unfortunately its only for the US..
    07-28-09 09:27 AM
    I only have one cell phone, so I haven't used the call forwarding features at all. I did the new number out to family and friends in the hopes that they would use that number to contact me - especially since about 90% of my contact with people is via SMS messages.

The free SMS really drew me in - I am currently paying Verizon $20.00 a month for unlimited text messages - if my GV experiment works I'll be cancelling the message service all together.
    07-28-09 11:04 AM
    I do not understand the allure of it. One of my friends tried to explain it to me last night, but I still do not get it. Perhaps, I am just slow.
    07-28-09 11:07 AM
    I feel like once google voice adds mms capabilities, then it will be great for me. I like sending picture messages to friends and family, so with the unlimited messaging plan its all cool. But since google voice doesn't support that yet, I still use my regular number. Though, I am giving the number out to people and letting them know that its a second number cause I really like how you can group your contacts and set preferences of them.
    07-28-09 12:14 PM
    I got my invite today and am set up. My purpose for using it only to save minutes used when talking with my Verizon or Sprint friends/family. I make the call from my netbook, then it rings my cell and the call goes through to who I dialed. My question is, am I still going to be charged minutes by my carrier AT&T?
    07-28-09 02:15 PM
    I got my invite today and am set up. My purpose for using it only to save minutes used when talking with my Verizon or Sprint friends/family. I make the call from my netbook, then it rings my cell and the call goes through to who I dialed. My question is, am I still going to be charged minutes by my carrier AT&T?
    Yes you will still be charged minutes.
    07-28-09 02:22 PM
    Yes you will still be charged minutes.
    Thanks, guess I don't have any use for GV after all.
    07-28-09 02:30 PM
    does at&t have any free unlimited calls like fave 5 or friends and family?
    07-28-09 08:01 PM
    does at&t have any free unlimited calls like fave 5 or friends and family?
    AT&T to AT&T is free. Other than that I don't think so. You can add a line to a family plan.
    07-28-09 08:19 PM
    I've been using it for the cheap international rates and voicemail transcripts. I'm extremely happy with them. For single people, it's a good number to give out for screening purposes.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with Google Voice. Now where's the official Skype client?!?
    07-28-09 08:55 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD