New update.
    07-21-10 07:42 PM
    Any change log available or do you know off hand what's been updated?
    07-21-10 08:14 PM
    It looks like they have added a balance inquiry option for those that use Voice to make international calls, as well as the added ability to have google voice notify you when you receive a text or voicemail message. I am glad I no longer have to have my txts and voicemails forwarded to my phone just to hear a ringtone. Installed the update on my wife's tour immediatly after seeing the changes.

One other difference I have noticed is that you no longer have the yellow star over the voice icon when you have a txt or vm that is unheard, you have the red "asterisk" that shows up on all other blackberry apps when it tries to grab your attention and the unread/unheard message count does show up in the status bar now.

Definatly worth the install. Now if they would add the ability to have all calls from BB appear to be from g-voice, calls initiated via data connection that creates an incoming call to BB, the app would be that much closer to perfect!
    07-22-10 06:10 AM
    Glad they finally updated this app. Downloading now....
    07-22-10 09:24 AM
    How do you update it?
    07-22-10 09:30 AM
    Go to m.google.com/voice on your phone and download the new version.
    07-22-10 09:39 AM
    Chevrolet, thanks for letting us know what you've found. Downloading now!
    07-22-10 11:02 AM
    No Problem!! I Live by my BlackBerry AND google voice so as soon as I saw the post that an update had been released, I installed and rebooted my crackberry before I could pick my jaw up from the floor!! Still a few features that need to be added, but in time I think this app will REALLY grow now that voice no longer requires an invite.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-10 11:37 AM
    Nice! Grabbing the update now. It would have been nice, though, if Google notified GV users.
    07-22-10 11:42 AM
    Yeah, I even follow nearly every google twitter feed and still haven't seen a notice about the update.

07-22-10 11:44 AM
    Thanks for posting. I guess with Google products, you have to check periodically for updates manually.

07-22-10 11:49 AM
    Thanks for the post! I wish there was an update notifier in the app itself. I've been running 1.0 something forever.
    07-22-10 12:02 PM
    I wish they would make an app that would check periodically kinda like google pack, or even if they began building a "check for updates" function into each app would be better than having to monitor their website.

07-22-10 12:05 PM
    I wish they would make an app that would check periodically kinda like google pack, or even if they began building a "check for updates" function into each app would be better than having to monitor their website.
    Agreed. I hate applications that don't check for updates automatically of at least have a button for me to use. Grrr.
    07-22-10 12:12 PM
    You have Google Pack to keep Google's apps up-to-date on ur PC, why not write a Google Pack app for BlackBerry that looks to see what you have installed, check for updates daily, weekly, monthly, etc, and then allow you to schedule the downloan, install and reboot necessary for the updates.

07-22-10 12:15 PM
    You have Google Pack to keep Google's apps up-to-date on ur PC, why not write a Google Pack app for BlackBerry that looks to see what you have installed, check for updates daily, weekly, monthly, etc, and then allow you to schedule the downloan, install and reboot necessary for the updates.
    IMO though that's just another application to have installed. I wish that a couple of lines of code could be added so that the app could look very quickly--every time it loads--to see that it is currently the most recent release. Loads of other BB apps do this, and if not, they have a menu option to check...
    07-22-10 12:20 PM
    I would even just be happy to sign up for an e-mail list and they send an e-mail when the app is updated so I know to go and download the update. Might be kinda old-fashioned in todays world, but if I hadn't happened to check this forum I would have never know of the update until Adam's blog post a few minutes ago when it showed up in UberTwitter!

07-22-10 12:26 PM
    This must be the big reason behind yesterdays update!

Google Voice Blog: Faster dialing with Google Voice on Android and Blackberry devices

It looks like google is changing the way the app places phone calls from the app.

07-22-10 12:32 PM
    Does anyone have the previous version? This one changes the call-out number on the dial. Definitely don't want that!
    07-22-10 01:26 PM
    Does anyone have the previous version? This one changes the call-out number on the dial. Definitely don't want that!
    I should have the old .cod from an old backup of my 3rd party apps. PM me your email if you would like it and know how to throw it back on your device via BBSAK or the likes.
    07-22-10 01:31 PM
    Twitter / Google Voice: Faster dialing on Android ...

Looks like all your contacts get a unique outbound number to make calls a little faster. (Calls are direct instead of making a data network request, then dialing) Downside would be those of you who used the GV access number in their friends-and-family lists to try to get unlimited calls.
    07-22-10 01:38 PM
    Downside would be those of you who used the GV access number in their friends-and-family lists to try to get unlimited calls.
    People are going to be ticked over this!
    07-22-10 01:41 PM
    I would even just be happy to sign up for an e-mail list and they send an e-mail when the app is updated so I know to go and download the update. Might be kinda old-fashioned in todays world, but if I hadn't happened to check this forum I would have never know of the update until Adam's blog post a few minutes ago when it showed up in UberTwitter!

My google voice account is tied to my gmail account, kind of a no-brainer in my book.
    07-22-10 01:41 PM
    My google voice account is tied to my gmail account, kind of a no-brainer in my book.

I think all of ours is, no?
    07-22-10 01:45 PM
    Here is an OTA link for 0.1.7 if anyone wants to go back: Google

07-22-10 04:33 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD