Did not see a problem. Mine shows up as the contact in my address book.
    Sorry if i worded it wrong. I meant when you make a call from Google Voice, to another user... the Caller ID shows the City, State along with Number

EXAMPLE: I call 555-555-5555 from my Google Voice Account

The Receiving end will see:

Los Angelos, CA
    555-555-5555

Hmm.
    08-04-09 08:28 PM
    Sorry if i worded it wrong. I meant when you make a call from Google Voice, to another user... the Caller ID shows the City, State along with Number

Los Angelos, CA
    555-555-5555

Hmm.
    Sorry, I misunderstood. I have not used it to call anyone yet. I only tested inbound calls.
    08-04-09 08:30 PM
    I called Sprint, they said they don't have a feature like that.
    You have to go through retentions to get the feature. It's not widely available to the general public yet. I got it because I had N&W starting at 6p for free. They're in the process of doing away with N&W starting at six and going with the pic 3, retentions will give you 2 extra if you speak nicely to them.
    08-04-09 08:34 PM
    You have to go through retentions to get the feature. It's not widely available to the general public yet. I got it because I had N&W starting at 6p for free. They're in the process of doing away with N&W starting at six and going with the pic 3, retentions will give you 2 extra if you speak nicely to them.
    Thanks for that tip. Dialing.
    08-04-09 08:36 PM
    Ava do you have the SEP? If so, could you let me know the results of getting the Pick 3 added to your plan, I recently signed up for GV and having the Pick 3 (or 5) would help out a lot. Don't know if Sprint offers this if you have SEP so I'm wondering what results you get, could you let me know?
    Thanks!
    08-05-09 12:52 PM

Los Angelos, CA
    555-555-5555

Hmm.
    I checked the GV 'Help' section and didn't find anything about changing the display on other people's ID. I guess the only way to do that is by having people store your GV number in their phone.
    08-05-09 01:47 PM
    Ava do you have the SEP? If so, could you let me know the results of getting the Pick 3 added to your plan, I recently signed up for GV and having the Pick 3 (or 5) would help out a lot. Don't know if Sprint offers this if you have SEP so I'm wondering what results you get, could you let me know?
    Thanks!
    I am on a Business Account. And they did not give it to me, because I already have free stuff from them.
    08-05-09 01:50 PM
    Thanks!
    If you have the Simply Everything Plan (SEP) you don't need it as you already have unlimited everything.

If you're asking about the Everything Data plans with limited minutes yes it does work with those plans. I'm on the 3,000 minute ED plan.
    08-05-09 05:41 PM
    Quick question.

If GV uses data (i.e., VOIP), then is it possible to have only a data plan and, with GV, still be able to use the phone to make / receive calls / texts?

If this is possible, then it would cut down my phone bill in 1/2.
    08-05-09 07:26 PM
    If GV uses data (i.e., VOIP), then is it possible to have only a data plan and, with GV, still be able to use the phone to make / receive calls / texts?
    So I think texts, no.

But as far as voice, I wanna know too. I've mildly thought to myself that Google Voice could be beneficial to me. But if all calls that I received via GV are data, that makes a big difference in my opinion.
    08-05-09 08:04 PM
    For those of you who have Google Voice, would you mind sharing with me?
    08-05-09 08:19 PM
    At this time GV is not VOIP. It's simply one phone number that forwards to all your other numbers. Call 555-666-7777 and it will ring all your other phones at the same time.

Go to www.google.com/voice and watch the video
    08-05-09 09:23 PM
    yea its not voip it basically just routes/ forwards calls to and from your gv number.
    That is why people are talking about getting pick 3 or pick 5. This way you can set one of those numbers as your gv numbers and in essence have unlimited calling for free through your gv number.
    08-05-09 11:02 PM
    I have GV but haven't used it yet.. I have SEP I take it I wouldn't need a favorite number.. Am I correct??
    08-06-09 10:33 AM
    I have GV but haven't used it yet.. I have SEP I take it I wouldn't need a favorite number.. Am I correct??
    That would be correct.
    08-06-09 10:44 AM
    So I set up the GV number and when I dial from the Blackberry and connects me to who I want to call they see the google number which is expected, but when the phone dials out it displays another number and not my google voice number. It seems to be the same number every time I place a call using my Tour BB. It begs the question of which number should I use for my Pick 3, is it the GV number or this other number that the phone is dialing? Does anyone know? Do I make sense or do u need an example?
    08-06-09 12:54 PM
    So I set up the GV number and when I dial from the Blackberry and connects me to who I want to call they see the google number which is expected, but when the phone dials out it displays another number and not my google voice number. It seems to be the same number every time I place a call using my Tour BB. It begs the question of which number should I use for my Pick 3, is it the GV number or this other number that the phone is dialing? Does anyone know? Do I make sense or do u need an example?
    I get the same thing when I call out. My GV number startes with 215-XXX but when I use the "Call from Google Voice" option the number shows up as +1347-XXX for some reason.
    08-06-09 03:17 PM
    I get the same thing when I call out. My GV number startes with 215-XXX but when I use the "Call from Google Voice" option the number shows up as +1347-XXX for some reason.
    What he said, actually mine starts with the same +1347-xxxx.
    08-06-09 03:50 PM
    I'm using Option 1 to make calls.
    08-06-09 08:49 PM
    Thanks for the info!! I'll try that.
    08-07-09 08:13 AM
    the 347 number, or at least area code is what everyone gets dailing out with google app...that number will be flagged soon i am pretty sure...i would only use methods that use only your actual gv number.
    08-07-09 08:29 AM
    OK, I'll just delete the GV app and use Option 2 that rome2009 mentioned.
    08-07-09 08:56 AM
    yea they need to make an app which lets you put in your gv number and it calls out to that number.

Dunno why its designed this way. But if all else fails do what people mentioned already, just make calls the manual way. Dial your gv number and then go through the prompts to enter the number you want to dial. It's a hassle but it saves them minutes.
    08-07-09 10:23 AM
    I totally agree but it was SO much easier to do it through the app, hope they come out with an update for that.
    08-07-09 10:44 AM
    gv dailer does just that. it cost $10 though.
    08-07-09 12:17 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD