How exactly does Google Voice work? Does it use call fowarding? If so it would be a bad idea to use it with sprint. Any ideas?
    08-03-09 08:25 PM
    Hey, i use google voice currently.. and it does forward to your phone.

Google Voice is Amazing. Expecially if u dont wanna give ur direct number out.

Hope i answer it all.
    08-03-09 08:48 PM
    No it does not answer. I meant, do u get charged from sprint for forwarding charges.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 08:54 PM
    Yeah, Google Voice is a must!!!! Free sms text, you can record you phone calls, sync all you contacts, If i wrote a book on how to be a player this would be rule number one Get Google Voice!!!
    08-03-09 09:36 PM
    Still does not help me.

08-03-09 09:51 PM
    Still does not help me.

I don't believe that your calls get forwarded, as there is nothing to forward it to....

If anything, your Google voice number would get forwarded to your cell phone, which sprint doesn't charge for....
    08-03-09 10:10 PM
    I have google voice and I love it. It forwards one number to both of my phones. Often I leave one in the car, so its nice to always get the call. I also use it for peak time usage, I have my google voice number set up as a my friends and family, so it calls it and I call who ever I want, it uses googles servers not verizons. SMS text...I use it when once again I forgot one of my phones in the car (often times I am too lazy to go get the phone!). I also got a number for local usage...like grandma who wants to call me to clean the gutters, I picked a number in her area so it is not long distance for her to call me. She only has a house phone. Also it has a call recording feature. And it also has listen to the voicemail while they are leaving a voicemail. Recording the phone call comes in handy when the wife wants such and such at the store and if I dont get it right I dont get any....lol (true). I like the listening to the voicemail while they are leaving it because if it is something really important, I break in and talk to them, if not, usually its my dumb brother who has just recently mastered a flip phone and wants to ask me about a song he heard about 6 days ago that goes da dadad ddadadadd, and I have not clue what he is talking about.

Any more questions?
    Last edited by CARTEEUSMC; 08-03-09 at 10:21 PM.
    08-03-09 10:16 PM
    I have google voice and I love it. It forwards one number to both of my phones. Often I leave one in the car, so its nice to always get the call. I also use it for peak time usage, I have my google voice number set up as a my friends and family, so it calls it and I call who ever I want, it uses googles servers not verizons. SMS text...I use it when once again I forgot one of my phones in the car (often times I am too lazy to go get the phone!). I also got a number for local usage...like grandma who wants to call me to clean the gutters, I picked a number in her area so it is not long distance for her to call me. She only has a house phone. Also it has a call recording feature. And it also has listen to the voicemail while they are leaving a voicemail. Recording the phone call comes in handy when the wife wants such and such at the store and if I dont get it right I dont get any....lol (true). I like the listening to the voicemail while they are leaving it because if it is something really important, I break in and talk to them, if not, usually its my dumb brother who has just recently mastered a flip phone and wants to ask me about a song he heard about 6 days ago that goes da dadad ddadadadd, and I have not clue what he is talking about.

Any more questions?
    Wow Never read a more useless post. The only person to actually help was the guy before u. Thanks a lot.

08-03-09 10:31 PM
    One of the people at my job has her google voice number in her faves (T-mobile) she gave out her google voice number to all of her friends so pretty much the whole world can call her for free. If your starting a small business its a must for right now, and the cut throat international calling is crazy!!!
    08-03-09 10:35 PM
    Wow Never read a more useless post. The only person to actually help was the guy before u. Thanks a lot.

Generally when you're asking for help you should be gracious if you expect people to help you in the future. Just a thought.
    08-03-09 10:56 PM
    08-03-09 11:58 PM
    Actual answer: You won't be charged by having your Google Voice number forward TO your Sprint phone. You would only be charged if you set up your Sprint # to forward to a different # (Google Voice or any other). With the standard setup of Google Voice, where dialing the GV number dials your Sprint cell phone, there is no forwarding by Sprint and, therefore, no charges.

Note: It's not rude to be annoyed when one asks a straight-forward question and gets a bunch of roundabout, unhelpful non-answers. The original poster asked a simple and very understandable question. The responses did not answer that question, and instead were tangential and unhelpful. Rather than attacking the original poster for being irritated with irrelevant answers, perhaps commentators (if they have no answer but still feel the need to post) should encourage respondents to read the original question and refrain from posting rambling, useless responses.
    08-04-09 12:32 AM
    wow OP, u shud be a little more greatful next time somebody took the tme to post here, dnt be parading your attitude here
    08-04-09 01:51 AM
    Actual answer: You won't be charged by having your Google Voice number forward TO your Sprint phone. You would only be charged if you set up your Sprint # to forward to a different # (Google Voice or any other). With the standard setup of Google Voice, where dialing the GV number dials your Sprint cell phone, there is no forwarding by Sprint and, therefore, no charges.

Note: It's not rude to be annoyed when one asks a straight-forward question and gets a bunch of roundabout, unhelpful non-answers. The original poster asked a simple and very understandable question. The responses did not answer that question, and instead were tangential and unhelpful. Rather than attacking the original poster for being irritated with irrelevant answers, perhaps commentators (if they have no answer but still feel the need to post) should encourage respondents to read the original question and refrain from posting rambling, useless responses.
    Thank You so much. Finanlly some read my Original Post. You answered my question in detail. I appreciate it. Now back to enjoying Google Voice.

08-04-09 06:39 AM
    Generally when you're asking for help you should be gracious if you expect people to help you in the future. Just a thought.
    Read all my other posts. I'm usually a stand up guy. But the responses in this thread was crazy.

08-04-09 06:40 AM
    FAIL!!!! This post took a turn for the worst
    08-04-09 09:48 AM
    FAIL!!!! This post took a turn for the worst
    It certainly did. Thanks in part to unhelpful posts.
    08-04-09 09:57 AM
    If you manage to get pick 3 or 5 from Sprint and set your GV number as one of those numbers you won't be charged for calls. I've done this, cut down my minute usage tremendously.
    08-04-09 06:45 PM
    well there goes someone on my ignore list....
    08-04-09 07:52 PM
    This is a Forum. If you wanted a quick answer, call sprint and ask them.

I hope we helped you out. Google Voice is a service provided free from Google, Inc.

Since Google is forwarding the calls and not Sprint, there are no charges.
    08-04-09 08:07 PM
    If you manage to get pick 3 or 5 from Sprint and set your GV number as one of those numbers you won't be charged for calls. I've done this, cut down my minute usage tremendously.
    I called Sprint, they said they don't have a feature like that.

well there goes someone on my ignore list....
    Ignore all you want.

This is a Forum. If you wanted a quick answer, call sprint and ask them.

I hope we helped you out. Google Voice is a service provided free from Google, Inc.

Since Google is forwarding the calls and not Sprint, there are no charges.
    Yes, this is a forum, but staying on point would have been helpful. Thanks for finally responding with a relevant answer. A bit too late, as someone already answered.

Thanks Though.
    08-04-09 08:12 PM
    I'm sorry. I was answering your question, maybe if you were a little more descriptive with your questioning we would answer it correctly.

Honestly. We dont need to go there. The issue is resolved.

Enjoy Google Voice.
    08-04-09 08:14 PM
    I'm sorry. I was answering your question, maybe if you were a little more descriptive with your questioning we would answer it correctly.

Honestly. We dont need to go there. The issue is resolved.

Enjoy Google Voice.
    Thanks. So far I'm enjoying it.
    08-04-09 08:15 PM
    Thanks. So far I'm enjoying it.
    Have you figured out a way to change the Caller ID for Google Voice?
    When i call someone from my google voice number it shows like the City and State as Caller ID

EX: "Los Angelos, CA"
    08-04-09 08:19 PM
    Have you figured out a way to change the Caller ID for Google Voice?
    When i call someone from my google voice number it shows like the City and State as Caller ID

EX: "Los Angelos, CA"
    Did not see a problem. Mine shows up as the contact in my address book.
    08-04-09 08:20 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD