How do i set it up on my my blackberry to get free sms?
    08-10-09 04:27 PM
    DL the GV bb app. In GV desktop, go to Settings, Phones. On Mobile number uncheck send SMS to phone. SMS through GV bb app. If box was checked, SMS are fwded to mobile and u pay reg rates.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 04:37 PM
    thanks so does this enable me to use international texts for free?
    and when i do use GV to sms, how will i know i recieved a message? does the app have to open all the time?
    08-10-09 04:50 PM
    also anyone expirience any trouble with the app? I find that right now it cant connect to GV and it won't load my messages
    08-10-09 05:11 PM
    Same prob today. Usually works great. Perhaps they're prepping for an app udate?....or its just broken today.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 05:57 PM
    Has anyone noticed that While you're sending a sms message through the GV app, upon receiving a response, you get 2 incoming messages. One on the GV app (FREE) & the other on the SMS/MMS (charged).

How can I stop from receiving two incoming text messages??
    08-11-09 07:29 PM
    I just fixed my problem. Under Settings in your Google Voice account just head to NOTIFICATIONS & under "Send a text (SMS) message to" check off "MOBILE".

Then under that, there's a hyper link that says "ADD A NEW MOBILE PHONE". Click on it. Your mobile phone number should show up. Click on "EDIT".

Under "SMS Settings" check off the only setting there which is "Receive SMS on this phone (mobile phones only)".

Now its completely FREE! To send & receive SMS, just head to the GV App on your BlackBerry device & it should show up there, if not just click the "MENU BUTTON" and hit on "REFRESH"

Remember. This is to stop receiving two SMS messages to your phone. One to the GV App (Which is free) & the other to your SMS/MMS folder (Which you will get charged).
    08-11-09 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD