Just got google voice for my bb and was playing around with it for awhile, played with it for about 5 hrs. I then messed with the settings for it to sync every 5 mins.... as google started to sync my phone shut off screen went black red led was on and the phone wouldnt power back on. Finally got my phone to turn back on but the battery was completely drained absolutely no juice at all. Why did this happen?
    02-23-10 01:18 AM
    Not sure why it happened, but it happened to my 9700 as well and I never had google voice loaded on the phone. I brought it back and exchanged it under warranty.
    02-23-10 09:06 AM
    Google voice is a battery hog. I've never had it loaded on to my phone. if you call your GV number > input your pass code > 2 (IIRC) you can make an outgoing call using your GV number w/o the application.
    02-23-10 09:13 AM
    That doesn't sound GV related, I've running GV for a long time now pretty much in all my BBerrys without one problem, great app IMO ! Good Luck.....
    02-23-10 09:26 AM
    thats what u get for not sharing ur google voice invite! karma!
    Last edited by vincentnyc; 02-23-10 at 09:40 AM.
    02-23-10 09:33 AM
    thats what u get for sharing ur google voice invite!
    That reply has nothing to do with anything related to this thread at all.... * scratches head *

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-10 09:39 AM
    That reply has nothing to do with anything related to this thread at all.... * scratches head *

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I could be wrong but I'm willing to bet he was being sarcastic

That doesn't sound GV related, I've running GV for a long time now pretty much in all my BBerrys without one problem, great app IMO ! Good Luck.....
    Same here it's the best thing, no need for me to carry a second phone.
    02-23-10 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD