Happy Holidays!

I'm not sure how to phrase this into a search engine, so I was hoping someone here could help me out.

I just started using the google voice app on my alltel 8330 and it works fine, but I was hoping there was a way to set up autodialing using the voice app so that for example, when I hold the H key the phone will call my gf from google voice instead of from the phone's address book settings. Can anybody point me in the right direction, or am I out of luck?
    12-04-09 09:06 PM
    The google voice app integrates with your blackberry contacts app (address book) so the quickest way I know of calling someone is to navigate to the contact (in your case, your gf) in your contacts/address book and then hit the blackberry menu button...select "Call using Google Voice"

I don't think the keyboard shortcut method will work as the GV app stands now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-09 09:22 PM
    Yeah, and that's what I was hoping to avoid. Also, my phone doesn't play her ringtone now that I've set up the voice app. I'll be using the app regardless, but it would be nice if I could use shortcuts to call from my google number.

Thanks for the info. =)
    12-04-09 10:48 PM
    Try looking at this thread 2nd post, I have not tried and dont understand what each symble was for. It was disgned to get free out bound calling by adding your gv number to your friends and family but might also do what you are looking for..

edit: cant post links yet.... add a www .google. com
    /support/forum/p/voice/thread?tid=46ad32083911a191&hl=en
    12-11-09 08:29 AM
    does google voice work with verizon service? every time i enter the code to switch from verizon voice mail to google i get an error message. I read somewhere that verizon may not support this??
    12-17-09 01:50 PM
    I'm not sure about Verizon, I was grandfathered to their service when Alltel was bought out. The gv mailbox seems to work fine for me though. And thanks for that link, it did provide the tip for adding gv to my circle (or whatever their thing is) and that is pro.
    12-18-09 02:26 PM
    This shouldn't be that hard. You just need to set a number for her in her profile. Set up the number the same as if you manually dialed the # the long way.

Put in your google vooice number, enter a pause, 2, another pause, girlfriends #,pause, "#". Set your speed dial to choose this number. Should work.

Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-09 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD