i seen the previous post about using the combination of the 2 to limit peak minute use, however does anyone know if this same setup works w/ verizon? i have the friends and family and have set my google voice number already.

thanks in advance
    07-16-09 01:50 AM
    Google Voice uses a special access number instead of your Google Voice Number to make out going calls. So in order to make free calls using VZW's Friends & Family feature, you need to add the access number to make free calls in addition to you GV number to receive calls. So you end up using 2 of your alloted F&F numbers.

I can tell you that the above works for me so far (as in free). However, how long VZW will let this go... who knows?
    07-16-09 09:41 AM
    To get free incoming calls from google voice do I need to set the gv incoming number to show or will it be free if in my settings I set it to see the incoming number?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 10:29 AM
    To get free incoming calls from google voice do I need to set the gv incoming number to show or will it be free if in my settings I set it to see the incoming number?

For my situation, I have the incoming call show the GV number. I have my GV number in my Verizon F&F list... so incoming calls from GV are always free no matter who is call me.
    07-16-09 10:37 AM
    Gotcha, I would rather see the number coming in so do you think that I will use mins if the incoming # shows instead of the gv #?

07-16-09 10:39 AM
    You can purchase GVDialer for $9.99 and then add the google voice # to your friends and family and you need only one slot because it directly calls from your GV phone # and not an access #.

Beeray
    07-17-09 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD