Ok. I have searched the forums and internet trying to find a how to on this wit no luck. I have google voice and the google voice app on my blackberry tour. I use it mainly for my voicemail. My problem is that my phone contacts are not in google voice so when i get a voicemail it says unknown or the text of it shows just the number. Also in the app it shows just numbers. This is pretty useless fr me since i dont know anyones number off top of head. Is there a way to import all my contacts numbers to google voice from my blackberry. I DO NOT want my google voice contacts synced to my blackberry. I added a couple people to google voice through the computer interface but not all of them are showing up in up... they are still just numbers. Preferably I would like to sync wirelessly through the app or phone.
    11-10-09 05:21 PM
    Ok. I have searched the forums and internet trying to find a how to on this wit no luck. I have google voice and the google voice app on my blackberry tour. I use it mainly for my voicemail. My problem is that my phone contacts are not in google voice so when i get a voicemail it says unknown or the text of it shows just the number. Also in the app it shows just numbers. This is pretty useless fr me since i dont know anyones number off top of head. Is there a way to import all my contacts numbers to google voice from my blackberry. I DO NOT want my google voice contacts synced to my blackberry. I added a couple people to google voice through the computer interface but not all of them are showing up in up... they are still just numbers. Preferably I would like to sync wirelessly through the app or phone.

I hope I'm understanding you right. I thought it was pretty easy. I just used Google Sync found here OTA: Google Mobile I just installed and uploaded all my contacts at once to GV. I then just deleted the app, to conserve memory. After that the Google Voice app had all my contacts. I just wish the GV app had this integrated some how. Maybe the app would be too bloated then, not sure. Anyways, I hope this helps.
    11-10-09 08:40 PM
    Hmm ill give it a try. Thanks. The only thing I'm worried about is I've heard some people got duplicates in the contact listing. Did you have any trouble with it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 08:45 PM
    Hmm ill give it a try. Thanks. The only thing I'm worried about is I've heard some people got duplicates in the contact listing. Did you have any trouble with it?

Yes, now that I recall. I did have some duplicates but they weren't really duplicates. It only happened on contacts with a lot of information. For example, with one of my contacts I had seven email addresses associated with that contact. I am guessing Google sync got confused on this and there for separated the emails from the contact. It was weird at first but then I realized what happened. Using the GV web interface I was able to remove and edit with ease. I had forgotten about that but yes there might be some issues with this. Sorry I forgot to mention that.

11-10-09 09:07 PM
    Hmm I tried what you suggested and it worked fine. The problem is my google voice is still just showing numbers and no names associated with them in the call log. Am I missing something?

11-10-09 09:11 PM
    Oooooo wait a minute. Opened it on comp and restarted it on blackberry and now its working. Thanks so much. This has been bugging me.

11-10-09 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD