Can you send SMS from Google voice app on Blackberry? I know the desktop Gvoice lets you send SMS.
    11-24-09 10:38 AM
    Yes. Go to your contact, hit the BB button, and scroll up to reveal "SMS using Google Voice".
    11-24-09 10:45 AM
    Yes you can. The simplest way is to go to the contact on your address book and hit the menu key and select "SMS using Google Voice".
    11-24-09 10:47 AM
    wow very nice, I don't know why anyone is still paying the carriers for a SMS plan...
    11-24-09 11:41 AM
    I have it setup where my SMS messages are sent via my gmail account using google voice. Does anyone know how to filter the SMS messages to level 1, so that they make a different notification sound? There is not one common field among the SMS emails from what I can tell.
    12-14-09 04:55 PM
    Google Voice app for bb doesn't give any notification, it just has a different icon.
    12-14-09 04:58 PM
    I don't rely on the GV app for notification. Mainly because it takes ~15 min to refresh. You can set GV to send SMS messages that are sent to your GV number to forward to your Gmail account. The email is then pushed to your BB, giving an almost instant communication. You can also reply to the message, and GV will send it via free SMS back to your friend.
    I want to filter these SMS emails to make a different notification sound by escalating them to level 1. Haven't figured out how to do that as of yet.
    12-15-09 03:58 PM
    See, all of this is just more evidence for why GV is too much of a hastle to use on a regular basis. I just use it to prank my friends - which is classic, by the way.
    12-15-09 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD