If you have Google Voice application installed on your blackberry, anyone notice when you're in the "SMS" or "Inbox" tab, when you look into a specific threaded conversation with a certain contact and yes you can see the actual contact and the transcription of text but you can't tell whether you sent it or the recipient...

how can you tell who sent which message? (between yourself and recipient)
    08-16-09 09:17 PM
    good question lol i dont think you can tell because messages from both parties have same icons next to them, unlike for calls for inbound and outbound calls you have different icons. however, you should get a copy of received txt msgs on your phone.

also another question for people. does anyone know if you add your google voice number to your family and friends list, and you make a call by calling your google voice number (then pressing 2), do you use any of your minutes? does anyone know?
    08-17-09 03:02 AM
    good question lol i dont think you can tell because messages from both parties have same icons next to them, unlike for calls for inbound and outbound calls you have different icons. however, you should get a copy of received txt msgs on your phone.

also another question for people. does anyone know if you add your google voice number to your family and friends list, and you make a call by calling your google voice number (then pressing 2), do you use any of your minutes? does anyone know?
    GV goes against your bucket of minutes under while using your cell unless you a) have unlimited minutes b) add your GV # as part of your fave 5 plan (tmobile). GV # is free using a house line by dialing out by using #2 on any number.

As far as differentiating the icons/names on who sent what, does anyone know of an update for this issue?
    08-17-09 10:43 AM
    so then technically speaking you have unlimited minutes. if i add my GV# to my fave 5 / friends and family list. can anyone confirm?
    08-17-09 01:51 PM
    so then technically speaking you have unlimited minutes. if i add my GV# to my fave 5 / friends and family list. can anyone confirm?
    Confirmed: Free Google Voice calls with T-Mobile myFaves – Devin Reams

Back to the issue at hand, any one knows the answer to the original question of this thread, please post
    08-17-09 03:09 PM
    You would think you knew what message you sent and what you didn't send. I never noticed that they had the same icon until I just checked and yet I never had a problem figuring out what I sent and what was received...
    08-17-09 03:45 PM
    Sorry to thread Jack but if you add the GV number to your my fave five account you could end up getting screwed, and the reason i say is simple - T-Mobile is in the process of adding all of the "conference numbers" to a so called "my fave five do not allow number list" which blocks those types of numbers from being added...... no to answer your question - you can go to www.google.com/voice log in and it will show all of the sent and received messages on your PC and you can verify they are being sent on their.
    08-17-09 04:56 PM
    Sorry to thread Jack but if you add the GV number to your my fave five account you could end up getting screwed, and the reason i say is simple - T-Mobile is in the process of adding all of the "conference numbers" to a so called "my fave five do not allow number list" which blocks those types of numbers from being added...... no to answer your question - you can go to www.google.com/voice log in and it will show all of the sent and received messages on your PC and you can verify they are being sent on their.
    I'm aware of the google.com/voice but im talking about the google voice application ONLY for the blackberry.
    08-21-09 10:22 AM
    Does dialing through Google Voice app on my BB Tour count against my allowance minutes? i have unlimited data plan however. don't the GV app use data plan?
    08-21-09 11:59 AM
    Does dialing through Google Voice app on my BB Tour count against my allowance minutes? i have unlimited data plan however. don't the GV app use data plan?
    Yes...making a call thru the GV dialer is a call.
    08-21-09 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD