Hi guys,

I keep reading on forums that a Blackberry App exists for Google voice, but I have yet to find it. When I navigate to m.google.com/voice from my phone, I can log in and view the web app, but I keep reading that there is a real app out there.

Is anyone running this app? If so, any idea as to how I can obtain it.

Yes, I already have a working Google voice account.
    04-12-10 02:27 PM
    Hi guys,

I keep reading on forums that a Blackberry App exists for Google voice, but I have yet to find it. When I navigate to m.google.com/voice from my phone, I can log in and view the web app, but I keep reading that there is a real app out there.

Is anyone running this app? If so, any idea as to how I can obtain it.

Yes, I already have a working Google voice account.
    open your browser hit the menu key, go into configuration, change it to FireFox, then save and go to m.google.com/voice
    04-12-10 02:35 PM
    Weird.

I changed the browser identification to FireFox, but I'm not viewing anything that will allow me to install an app. I'm just seeing the web version.
    04-12-10 02:57 PM
    Weird.

I changed the browser identification to FireFox, but I'm not viewing anything that will allow me to install an app. I'm just seeing the web version.
    Try IE then just not blackberry. make sure you are changing the correct one as well.. it works I just tried it
    04-12-10 03:06 PM
    So you are actually installing an app? Because all I'm seeing here is Google voice in a web page. From what I read, I thought an app gets installed that can integrate with the phone.
    04-12-10 03:24 PM
    If you are seeing google voice in a web page, it is most likely because you didn't refresh the google mobile page after setting your browser type. You can't just change it and click on the voice link, you have to reload that page so it builds the correct link.

As far as I know, Google voice is not supported on the 5.0 OS, which I believe is why you have to jump through hoops to get it to work. I will also let you know that while I have successfully installed google voice on my phone, it always dies after sometime with a "523 app error". There are lots of people who are not reporting this, so it may just be something else unique to my phone.
    Last edited by linuxdaemon; 04-12-10 at 04:04 PM.
    04-12-10 04:02 PM
    Change your browser identification to firefox or IE before you visit m.google.com/voice . Do remember to clear your browser cache also to get your download link

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-10 07:08 PM
    Perfect! It was the cache! Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I have the app installed now. Have a nice week.
    04-13-10 08:33 AM
    Actually, I'm going to ask one more question since you guys seem to be using the Google voice app.

I do not see a way to:
    A) Make a call using the Google voice number to a number stored in address book.
    B) Start a txt from scratch using a number that's stored in the address book.
    04-13-10 09:16 AM
    highlight the contact entry you want to call / SMS and hit BB button , you will get option to call / SMS using google voice .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-10 09:34 AM
    Elavum, thanks, I can not believe I missed that. Txt'ing was my main reason for doing this.
    04-13-10 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD