OK, I swear I searched for the answer to my question, but it has either not been answered or I was not smart enough to understand the answer....

I am still confused about sms texting. I do not have texting on my Verizon plan and have to pay for each one. So, if I text someone from GV app there is no charge I assume. But when that person replies to me I get a notification on my BB... am I charged for that? What about if I respond to them from my BB? If I am charged for responses and my subsequent replies is there a way around it? Does the GV Dialer app do it better?

I do not have much use for texting, but would like to be able to do so on the occasions when the need arises.
    07-15-09 10:13 PM
    Yes you will be charged...the same way goes when you make a call from gv dailer or the google app it uses your monthly minutes...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 10:15 PM
    OK, but as I understand it I can work around the monthly minutes issue by adding the numbers to my faves... is there a work around on texting?
    07-15-09 10:22 PM
    Yes. In the desktop GV Settings, under Phones, uncheck the box that says Receive SMS on your mobile number. Then only send SMS from within GV, both BB app and desktop.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 12:02 AM
    I have a blackberry bold, and when I get an sms message through the google voice application, the icon on the screen changes, but there is no audible alert like when you receive a "real" text message. I looked in the profiles (normal, quiet, loud, etc.) and there doesn't seem to be a an option for google voice.

Anyone else have any luck? I'm guessing this is because it is an early build of the app, and they just havent put that in yet.

Google Voice rocks...
    07-19-09 09:16 AM
    I have a blackberry bold, and when I get an sms message through the google voice application, the icon on the screen changes, but there is no audible alert like when you receive a "real" text message. I looked in the profiles (normal, quiet, loud, etc.) and there doesn't seem to be a an option for google voice.

Anyone else have any luck? I'm guessing this is because it is an early build of the app, and they just havent put that in yet.

Google Voice rocks...
    My wife, son and I have spent hours the past couple days trying to figure this out. Has anyone yet?

Thanks
    07-30-09 11:06 AM
    07-30-09 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD