08-03-09 10:19 PM
118 ... 345
tools
    I waited about two weeks... Trust me... Not worth it....
    08-02-09 10:48 AM
    I waited about two weeks... Trust me... Not worth it....
    What did you not like about it..
    08-02-09 11:18 AM
    like most things...it's relative. if you don't get any free numbers for calls in your plan (friends and family/fave 5, etc) and you only have one phone (your cell) it may not be "worth it".

if you do have fave 5, f&f....or multiple phones...AND GOOGLE VOICE...it's an awesome concept.
    08-02-09 11:21 AM
    I tried google voice. I like it, but don't really see a use for it personally. I wish it would be able to keep my current cell number. Hopefully that feature comes out soon.
    08-02-09 11:33 AM
    hopefully you will be able to soon port your cell number...
    08-02-09 12:03 PM
    google voice and the app.....will either be squashed by the carriers so that it cannot be used with friends and family, fave 5, my circle, etc...or it will revolutionize the cell phone industry. it will be one or the other. stay tuned!
    08-02-09 03:03 PM
    google voice and the app.....will either be squashed by the carriers so that it cannot be used with friends and family, fave 5, my circle, etc...or it will revolutionize the cell phone industry. it will be one or the other. stay tuned!
    Let's say I add my GV number to my Fave 6, and create my own personalized greeting. How could the carrier know it's a GV number, especially it's my borough's area code. It's not happening. They'll have to make sure all 5 numbers aren't a GV number, and that's a lot of work. This is going to revolutionize the cell phone industry, and the carriers might have to step up their A game.
    08-02-09 03:08 PM
    Apple/AT&T froze Google Voice, and the FCC is investigating.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 04:43 PM
    I just have a quick question which is does GV require a data plan from the carrier. I have Tmo with a voiceplan and unlimited texting so would i be able to use GV without the dataplan or maybe with wifi. I know that GV just forwards the call from other people to ur phone so u need the voice plan but i'm not sure about the data.
    08-02-09 05:45 PM
    You would definitely need a voice plan. GV doesn't use a data connection, it calls into a google number and routes your call through there.
    08-02-09 05:55 PM
    Apple/AT&T froze Google Voice, and the FCC is investigating.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i started a thread on this....already posted at&t's response to the letter they got from the fcc. they threw apple under the bus.
    08-02-09 09:28 PM
    Let's say I add my GV number to my Fave 6, and create my own personalized greeting. How could the carrier know it's a GV number, especially it's my borough's area code. It's not happening. They'll have to make sure all 5 numbers aren't a GV number, and that's a lot of work. This is going to revolutionize the cell phone industry, and the carriers might have to step up their A game.
    those are my thoughts too...but with todays technology...they may be able to figure out forwarded calls and dissallow all forwarded calls from fave 5
    08-02-09 09:30 PM
    ok, I got an invite but haven't activated it yet. I have a question can you pick your same home phone or cell number? Is that the point to have the same number you have for home or cell so you don't have to tell everyone you changed?
    08-02-09 10:33 PM
    that is called porting and no...that option is not available yet. but they say it is coming soon.
    08-02-09 11:41 PM
    took my friend 6 months...i too am waiting...
    08-03-09 12:05 AM
    so I've been using it for about 4days my question is does it use any of your min like when i first call does it use 1 min everytime you call someone? And is it free incoming and out going?
    08-03-09 06:44 PM
    I put in a request on Friday and got my invitation tonight. So it seems the list is getting smaller.
    08-03-09 09:18 PM
    wow that fast??? i did mine about 2 weeks ago and am still waiting...
    08-03-09 10:19 PM
118 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD