Official Google Voice Application for BlackBerry Launched Today via Googles Mobile Site! | CrackBerry.com

For the lucky ones of us who have gotten an invite to use Google Voice, Google just released its Google Voice app for the Blackberry!

I am in the process of installing now, and will report back what I find.

go to m.google.com/voice to download.
    07-15-09 08:39 AM
    When you get an invite to you get to pick your own number? Googlevoice intrigues me, wheres my invite?!?!?
    07-15-09 08:41 AM
    Nice. It seems to work perfectly.
    07-15-09 08:50 AM
    Works sweet on the tour!
    07-15-09 08:51 AM
    Yes, you get to pick your own number. I have an account, so I guess I will have to try out this app.
    07-15-09 09:00 AM
    I wonder if you can have texts only go to this app and not to your phones SMS folder when they are sent to your GV number? Anyone know?
    07-15-09 09:04 AM
    anyone have an invite they could send me? Please PM me
    07-15-09 09:06 AM
    As far as I know, NOBODY has invites to send except Google themselves. It's not like with Gmail where you had 50 invites to send when it first came out.
    07-15-09 09:08 AM
    You select which mobile phone you want the SMS to go to, so if you have it not forward to a phone at all that should give you the desired result.
    07-15-09 09:09 AM
    just tried and i already dont like google voice blackberry app. if i dial 0000000000p0000p2p0000000000# google voice number password option 2 then number calling followed by# and i can call free if on favs list. but dialing through google app it charges me since it dont dial my google voice number.
    07-15-09 09:09 AM
    just tried and i already dont like google voice blackberry app. if i dial 0000000000p0000p2p0000000000# google voice number password option 2 then number calling followed by# and i can call free if on favs list. but dialing through google app it charges me since it dont dial my google voice number.
    How does it do it then? The caller ID on the other end shows your GV number.
    07-15-09 09:12 AM
    This really is an amazing service. I only just received my invite yesterday, so I am still learning what all it can do.

When you going through the initial setup, it asks you for your area code or zip code to look up phone numbers available to you. The prefixes it gave me weren't really in my immediate locale, but it still has my area code.

The way the app works is you dial the outgoing number from within the app, and then it uses your phone's radio to dial into Google, which routes it to whatever phone number you are calling. When you use this app, the caller ID on the receiver's end shows up as your Google number.

The app also shows your "inbox," which is where it stores voicemails and txt messages that are sent to you.

Seems to be a pretty smooth app so far.
    07-15-09 09:15 AM
    You select which mobile phone you want the SMS to go to, so if you have it not forward to a phone at all that should give you the desired result.
    Now I see where to do that. You have to uncheck the "send SMS to this phone" box. Thanks!
    07-15-09 09:15 AM
    You can actually take advantage of this and add the google access number as one of your FAVS and guess what? All your outgoing calls will be considered free and not count against your minutes. That is of course dialing through the google app. There I just saved you a ton of minutes
    07-15-09 09:31 AM
    Can anyone that has been invited to Google Voice confirm how long you have been waiting. I sent a request a couple of months ago, just wondering how long I should expect to wait.
    07-15-09 09:40 AM
    You can actually take advantage of this and add the google access number as one of your FAVS and guess what? All your outgoing calls will be considered free and not count against your minutes. That is of course dialing through the google app. There I just saved you a ton of minutes
    um, his point was that this isn't working through the google app for him
    07-15-09 09:42 AM
    well i guess for me saving memory on my phone just by dialing in to my google voice number
    07-15-09 09:44 AM
    i got mine in a couple of months (yesterday)... they are coming in slowly. although i got some help from a friend who sent one to me 3 weeks ago...
    07-15-09 10:04 AM
    I originally signed up about 6 months ago, then signed up again about a week ago (figured it couldn't hurt). I got my invitation yesterday.
    07-15-09 10:22 AM
    So, to really benefit, you have to add the access number (for outgoing) AND your actual GV number (for incoming) to your Favorites plan?
    07-15-09 10:27 AM
    I signed up 3 months ago and just got my invite last night.

I still don't understand how it's free. This is kind of cheating the phone carriers.
    07-15-09 10:28 AM
    I signed up 3 months ago and just got my invite last night.

I still don't understand how it's free. This is kind of cheating the phone carriers.
    That's kind of a leap...

In theory, if you add the GV number to your Favorites plan (if you have one), any numbers called from or received by your GV number will be free. Now, it isn't as easy as it sounds; the onus is on you to ensure all your contacts use your new number.
    07-15-09 10:30 AM
    That's kind of a leap...

In theory, if you add the GV number to your Favorites plan (if you have one), any numbers called from or received by your GV number will be free. Now, it isn't as easy as it sounds; the onus is on you to ensure all your contacts use your new number.
    Oh Ok. I just added it to my favorite on Verizon. Yeah I understand the thing about people calling you on the GV number. Now I gotta give my contacts my new GV number.

I'm loving the feature on listening in on voicemails. This is the best thing for those annoying voicemails that people leave that say nothing.
    07-15-09 10:34 AM
    does anyone know if this is data usage? for example if i get sms, is it data or text? and how do the calls work?
    07-15-09 10:52 AM
    Can anyone that has been invited to Google Voice confirm how long you have been waiting. I sent a request a couple of months ago, just wondering how long I should expect to wait.
    I put in a request for an invite about 1 or 2 weeks ago and got it yesterday. I'm still not sure how I feel about it...
    07-15-09 11:25 AM
118 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD