Has anyone figured out how to get an audible or led alert when a new sms arrives?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i didnt have to do much , on my 8900 when i get a sms within my google number my alerts are the same as my regular native sms and also im using berrybuzz and the led uses the same led (disco) as well > all is working just the same
    07-15-09 09:00 PM
    When i first installed the new app, it worked great. I uninstalled GVDialer and rebooted. After the reboot, the app is now stuck in portrait mode with keyboard always up. What's going on? I changed compatibility mode and even uninstalled and reinstalled, but nothing. Has anyone else had this experience and anyone have any ideas?
    07-15-09 09:00 PM
    Does anyone have an invite they'd like to share?
    07-15-09 09:55 PM
    um, his point was that this isn't working through the google app for him
    My bad, I should've been more specific and stated to add the GV ACCESS # to the favs which is what the app uses.
    07-16-09 09:46 AM
    i didnt have to do much , on my 8900 when i get a sms within my google number my alerts are the same as my regular native sms and also im using berrybuzz and the led uses the same led (disco) as well > all is working just the same
    I should've stated that I do not have the sms messages forwarded to my phone. It's a company phone with no texting. My homescreen icon changes sometimes when a new message arrives, but not always. I would like to set an alert for it through BerryBuzz.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 09:39 PM
    just tried and i already dont like google voice blackberry app. if i dial 0000000000p0000p2p0000000000# google voice number password option 2 then number calling followed by# and i can call free if on favs list. but dialing through google app it charges me since it dont dial my google voice number.
    Dont Know If You Figured This Out...But Instead Of Having Your GoogleVoice Number On One Of Your Favs...........Make The Access Number* Be In The Favs!!

*Access Number: The Number That Google Uses To Make Outbound Calls!!!
    07-16-09 10:04 PM
    dang what else they got coming
    07-16-09 11:38 PM
    Does anyone have an invite they'd like to share?
    I second that!
    07-16-09 11:39 PM
    When I try to call out with Google Voice i get an error from Verizon... anyone else?
    07-17-09 12:15 PM
    Finally got my invite last night, using now and it is awesome
    07-17-09 12:47 PM
    Has anyone had issues with battery drainage from this app. I've noticed that while I'm logged into this app, my battery barely last 8 hours with no calls. However, I've been logged out for two days now and my battery is back to normal.
    07-21-09 01:52 PM
    Has anyone had issues with battery drainage from this app. I've noticed that while I'm logged into this app, my battery barely last 8 hours with no calls. However, I've been logged out for two days now and my battery is back to normal.
    I thought I did... none since removal.
    07-21-09 02:38 PM
    I've noticed batter drain as well.
    07-21-09 03:06 PM
    I know I can send SMS from my GV number on the website, but I can't figure out how to do it from the app. Is it supported or am I just a moron and can't figure it out?
    Using the app, move your cursor to the text field that allows you to dial a number. After you have dialed the number, hit the Menu Key on your BlackBerry, and select SMS. It will open a new window, where you can then start typing your text message. When done, hit the Menu Key > Send.

The app also integrates itself with your address book.
    Go to your address book, select the contact, hit the Menu Key > SMS using Google Voice > choose the number. It will open a new window, where you can then start typing your text message.
    07-21-09 03:12 PM
    If someone could send me an invite, I would greatly appreciate it.

My pin is 30B58004 and my gmail is [email protected]

Thanks,

Tim
    07-21-09 03:29 PM
    I've noticed batter drain as well.
    I think what's happening is that it's continually trying to load the history which I I'm not quite sure why it's important. Hopefully future releases will allow it to simply work with the native logs. GV Dialer should have an update out soon, so I'm going to try that. Until then, no Google Voice App for me.
    07-21-09 04:41 PM
    now i was wondering the same thing i just logged out and will see how my battery is for the next few days , also using gvdialer and works great.
    07-21-09 05:50 PM
    Besides the increased battery drain, I was getting an awful memory drain. Couldn't make it through the day without dropping below 10MB (on a bold). Removed GV this morning and I still have 13MB free after 13 hours.
    07-21-09 07:16 PM
    :/ how do you get the invite? i signed up but nada *tear
    07-21-09 07:19 PM
    :/ how do you get the invite? i signed up but nada *tear
    You just have to sign up and wait for an invitation from Google Voice, those of us that have it unfortunately have no invitation to send, sorry.
    07-21-09 07:59 PM
    Invites are going out... know two folks that got theirs yesterday.
    07-21-09 09:08 PM
    Did Venc get his invite yet? I guess not...no sounds of glass breaking, fire cracking, or high pitched squeals of delight!

That darn Google!
    07-21-09 11:39 PM
    Did Venc get his invite yet? I guess not...no sounds of glass breaking, fire cracking, or high pitched squeals of delight!

That darn Google!

I am rooting for Venc!
    07-22-09 12:24 AM
    submitted my info 4 days ago, still no invite. :-(
    07-22-09 07:06 AM
    lol i requested mine about 3 weeks ago, got mine today!
    07-27-09 09:35 PM
118 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD