Oh Ok. I just added it to my favorite on Verizon. Yeah I understand the thing about people calling you on the GV number. Now I gotta give my contacts my new GV number.

I'm loving the feature on listening in on voicemails. This is the best thing for those annoying voicemails that people leave that say nothing.
    Having to give all my current contacts a new number (especially so they'll be directed to that voicemail), that's what I didn't like about it. I've decided to let my old contacts keep using my regular cell and give new people the google number. The google number will also be going on my applications for residency so that the clinics may call me and I'll be sure to receive their calls should they want an interview.
    07-15-09 11:28 AM
    I know I can send SMS from my GV number on the website, but I can't figure out how to do it from the app. Is it supported or am I just a moron and can't figure it out?
    07-15-09 11:39 AM
    I put in a request for an invite about 1 or 2 weeks ago and got it yesterday. I'm still not sure how I feel about it...
    What gives? They must be choosing at random
    07-15-09 11:46 AM
    I've been using GVDialer for a few months now and their latest version worked the best. I have been waiting for Google to come out with a GV app for BB, but I don't like the way it now dials another number that routes my call. I guess that means, if it stays the same access number, I will have to add that number to my VZW 10 list as well. ??? Also doesn't show the contact number on my call log, just the new access number.
    07-15-09 11:53 AM
    As far as I know, NOBODY has invites to send except Google themselves. It's not like with Gmail where you had 50 invites to send when it first came out.
    I was lucky enough to get 5 invites. Its very similar to the way Gmail was. I had the invites to send out to anyone I wanted but was asked to report back how it worked. I'm sure its a feature everyone will see soon.
    07-15-09 11:55 AM
    Here's the thing: the app doesn't allow you to access the contacts you have saved to google. Now I can't keep separate those that have the google voice number and those that have my cell (they all need to be in my bb address book for me to be able to look them up). But, if you DON'T add them to your google contacts, then only the number shows up in the call log of the google app.
    07-15-09 12:01 PM
    So I did actually previously buy GVDialer. Is there a way to dial a number with this app and have the option of routing it through Google Voice, or do I have to go to the contact list each time?
    07-15-09 12:04 PM
    Don't forget you can pick your own number with Google Voice. It costs $10 but if it's gonna be your permanent number anyway....
    07-15-09 12:22 PM
    I was debating because I have a good number picked out which uses my last name.... it's the only one left.

Of course the #'s that correspond to my last name aren't THAT east to remember, so I was also searching for consecutives... you know like 1111 or 1234 or something easy
    07-15-09 12:24 PM
    i got it registered lets c when will i get a invite.
    07-15-09 12:34 PM
    I've had 2 invites, but can't sign-up because I'm in Canada.
    sux...................
    07-15-09 12:35 PM
    ah, looks like it's time to upgrade my archaic grandcentral account finally and put this baby to use.
    07-15-09 12:50 PM
    is it me or does this app isnt so great?
    07-15-09 01:13 PM
    I signed up for it and I got the invite. I dont need it currently nor will i use it.. I will be happy to pass it on to someone that actually wants to use it... just BBM me at PIN 307D2AA6 and Ill forward you the Email with the link... First come first serve
    07-15-09 02:23 PM
    Please I'd do anything for an invite!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 02:50 PM
    Anyone want to trade a PodTrapper license for an invite? PM me.

-Marcus
    VersatileMonkey.com
    07-15-09 02:57 PM
    I'd appreciate an invite.
    Last edited by bkdtv; 07-15-09 at 03:56 PM.
    07-15-09 03:02 PM
    Lol I said BBM me for it and so far i have one person that hasnt sent me there email yet... BBM me and ill give it to who ever give me there email addy for the forward... i dont want cash or anything
    07-15-09 03:03 PM
    And it is now gone !

Enjoy to the Person i sent it to
    07-15-09 03:06 PM
    I never sent a request for Google Voice..or GrandCentral..and I got 3 invites to three seperate email address..I put the the Google Voice Application on my Blackberry and I love it....
    07-15-09 03:37 PM
    I'd love an invite if anybody happens to have a spare!
    07-15-09 03:44 PM
    Don't forget you can pick your own number with Google Voice. It costs $10 but if it's gonna be your permanent number anyway....
    I didn't see that option. Where is it?

And how would that benefit a user since the area code would likely not be local. I like that I have a local area code for my GV number.

Last edited by johnelaw; 07-15-09 at 05:10 PM.
    07-15-09 04:47 PM
    My Google voice calls used to be free. Now a voice comes on and says "cfall is 5 cents per minute" or "call is 2 cents per minute" I am in the US and these are calls within the same state. ??????
    07-15-09 05:47 PM
    I didn't see that option. Where is it?

And how would that benefit a user since the area code would likely not be local. I like that I have a local area code for my GV number.

Go into your GV Settings; then go to Phones. Beside your GV number at the top is a clickable "Change" option.
    07-15-09 08:12 PM
    Has anyone figured out how to get an audible or led alert when a new sms arrives?

07-15-09 08:26 PM
118 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD