I am trying to download the google voice app with no success. I follow googles instructions to go to m.google.com/voice as I have done in the past but it just brings me to the web page and no download for the app. anyone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-10 08:06 AM
    Just go to m.google.com (no /voice). It will give you a list of apps and links available. Voice is amongst that list.
    06-14-10 08:21 AM
    Change the browser identification to Firefox, then go m.google.com/voice and it will allow you to download the app. That's what worked for me yesterday.

06-14-10 08:31 AM
    Set your BlackBerry browser identification to Firefox, and it will download.

Just remember to set it back after you install.
    06-14-10 08:33 AM
    Thanks worked great!

06-14-10 09:10 AM
    Set your BlackBerry browser identification to Firefox, and it will download.

Just remember to set it back after you install.
    Interesting that it needs a work around. Don't have it on my S2 yet, but I do have it on my Tour and no browser mods were necessary.
    06-14-10 09:12 AM
    Interesting that it needs a work around. Don't have it on my S2 yet, but I do have it on my Tour and no browser mods were necessary.
    the storm, being a touchscreen model requires a little more "handholding" when downloading apps from the web. sometimes u need to use FF, and sometimes you need to use BB ID's.
    06-14-10 09:14 AM
    the storm, being a touchscreen model requires a little more "handholding" when downloading apps from the web. sometimes u need to use FF, and sometimes you need to use BB ID's.
    I'll check that out tonight when I do the 713 upgrade, but i've never had to do it with any apps on S1 or S2. I'm pretty picky about the apps I install so that could be why.
    06-14-10 09:21 AM
    I was able to download it but the keyboard shows up to log in but is frozen won't go away and can't log in tried all over again no luck. I have it on my pearl with no issues.

06-14-10 09:28 AM
    Sorry forgot to tell you: you need to go to options>applications. Find the gvoice app and highlight (don't click) it. Then hit the BB key and disable compatibility mode. You made need to do a battery pull for the change to take effect. Then the app will load and work perfectly on the S2.

I think the reason for the work around is that with the BB I'd you can go into your account to manage settings and actually make calls/send SMS through their website. The browser I'd allows you to DL the app, then switch back to access your account, if that makes sense.

06-14-10 10:28 AM
    With the BB id set on the storm, google voice brings you to their mobile site which allows you to make calls and sms. Weird but different browser ID works. I had it for a while but never used it too much so I got rid of it.

Other issue I have is when sometimes closing out the app, 523 error shows up, not sure why it happens but it does.
    06-14-10 10:38 AM
    I literally just had that happen to me. Pandora almost always does that the first time after installation if I open it before doing a battery pull. It only does it once then its all good. Think Gvoice is the same way.

06-14-10 11:09 AM
    Thanks for everyones help it working great now!

06-14-10 11:13 AM
    No problem! Glad you got it working. A quick suggestion: open GVoice, hit the BB key, go to settings and set refresh to never. Its set to 20 minutes by default and was killing my battery. You cam manually refresh it, which just updates the app with you most recent calls and recent messaging activity.

06-14-10 11:17 AM
    I have the Storm and I am having the same trouble. I triead setting the browser to Firefox, but no luck. Any advice
    06-17-10 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD