does anyone about international calling with google voice? im going to the bahamas in august and i read it was 6 cents a min. does that still mean i get charged for roaming and data? as opposed to the 1.99 thru verizon? or is calling bahamas 6 cents and callin the US from the bahamas different? can someone shed some light on this for me please?
    04-18-10 06:31 PM
    have you gotten google voice to actually WORK properly on your Storm? I had to remove it from mine due to errors causing reboots.

read this: http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/ti...e-down-443374/
    04-18-10 06:37 PM
    wow thats odd. my GV works no problems.
    04-18-10 06:38 PM
    wow thats odd. my GV works no problems.
    could u give me the version number as it shows in options>applications, please?
    04-18-10 06:50 PM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

04-18-10 06:51 PM
    Could someone get me an invite :P
    04-18-10 06:54 PM
    If I had any I would

04-18-10 06:55 PM
    Here's the thing with Google Voice international. When you use google voice, it dials an access number in the US (using your voice, not your data) in order to route your call. So, if you are out of the country, you will be billed the same using google voice as you would to dial the number direct. What ever your airtime charges are for your location.

I do not believe that you can get a Google Voice access number that is out of the US.
    04-18-10 07:22 PM

I'm not positive, but I THINK that's the version I was using, plus it's the version currently available today for download. I'll wait til the next version before installing it again, as I know my phone doesn't play nice with it. Mostly I was using it for free SMS, but it was too much of a hassle to use, compared to "regular" SMS.
    04-18-10 07:24 PM
    So your sayin if I'm in the bahamas call the us using my gv number there is no roamin no extra charges. What if they call my gv number. Same thing or calling me doesn't matter

04-18-10 07:27 PM
    If I had any I would

Thanx a bunch
    04-18-10 07:30 PM
    does the 6 cent call charges still apply?
    04-18-10 07:59 PM
    So your sayin if I'm in the bahamas call the us using my gv number there is no roamin no extra charges. What if they call my gv number. Same thing or calling me doesn't matter

I am saying that you are charged the same for calling Google Voice as you are for calling whoever it is your are trying to call direct. It is a US number. You will be charged airtime by whatever provider you are using. Google Voice will do nothing for you outside of the US for calling. It will however, give you free text messaging, because that uses the data instead of your voice. Your data rates will still apply however.
    04-18-10 08:24 PM
    Damn. I thought I was gonnaBe able to save the $1.99 charge from verizon. Thanks for the help

04-18-10 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD