So I'm new to all of this but I recieved my invite to the sacred club and set up my google voice. Took a while to get the app on the phone though. Had to change browser to IE in order to download it, edit all permissions and disable compatability but it finally works and I love it. If you can get it you should. I had the free visual voicemail before but I think this is much better. It translates my voice mail into text and is text messaged to me! So much better for those 2 hour long meetings when I can;t pick up the phone and listen to a message. Especially now since the wifey is due in 2 weeks!!!

I may be behind in times but I think this is the best thing since sliced bread!!!

Oh and not to mention I added the GV phone number to my friends and family and now can call anyone with that number and not use any of my minutes whatsoever since it calls out through your GV number!!
    11-07-09 12:10 AM
    Does it work with visual voice mail or do you have to give that up?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 12:36 AM
    I got it installed, but I don't know what permissions to set to make it work. Anyone deal with this already?
    11-07-09 12:44 AM
    Make sure you call the google number often to check and see if it still works! My husband got that app on his curve a couple of weeks prior to my due date...and the day I need to go to the hospital for stress testing the damn thing told me it wasn't a working number! The texts still went through on that number though. It was just a vmail issue...maybe they have it fixed by now. And it didn't work with his visual voicemail either...he had to stop using it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 03:55 AM
    I deleted my visual voice mail when I d'l this. I figured it wounldn't work with both being they have 2 seperate voice mail messages. As far as permissions you have to click allow on everything, atleast I did, and it worked great.
    11-07-09 06:56 AM
    got "device not supported" when i went to m.google.com/voice

any ideas?
    11-07-09 09:14 AM
    I got it installed, but I don't know what permissions to set to make it work. Anyone deal with this already?
    set all to allow.
    11-07-09 09:15 AM

any ideas?
    1. Open the web browser.
    2. Click the Menu key then Options.
    3. Click Browser Configuration and change the Browser Identification to Internet Explorer (may also work with Firefox)
    4. Press the Escape key and click Save.
    5. Browse to Google Mobile again and you should now be able to install.
    11-07-09 09:19 AM
    works. thanks!
    11-07-09 09:20 AM

any ideas?
    You need to change how your blackberry browser is seen when it goes to the m.google.com/voice website. To do this while in your browser hit the blackberry button and bring up the menu then ... options > browser configuration > and change browser configuration from blackberry to internet explorer or firefox ... Now go back and try to download google voice... Once you have downloaded the app... before you go to open it go to options > Applications > highlight google voice and bring up the menu with the bb button > find disable compatibility mode and click that

These are the steps I used to get it to work correctly... If you have any problems let us know!
    11-07-09 09:23 AM
    Damn how do you all get invites? I signed up months ago and never heard back from them.
    11-07-09 09:42 AM
    Wow, I never knew there was such hubbub about google voice >_> I was in grandcentral and NEVER used it. Somehow I still received spam and never once used the number. Weird. So I migrated to Google Voice and I hate my number but whatever. I don't think I'll ever plan to use it either. I guess I don't have a reason to use the features it has. Anyway I can transfer my account to someone else who'd actually use this oh-so-sacred awesome thing?
    11-07-09 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD