Not sure if this is the correct place to post this question. Is there an app for Google Voice?

Also, in using GV I am a bit confused. There web site help is not very clear but do I have to tell everyone to call a new number (my GV number)? When I "test call it" the call goes to my voice mail so I am very unsure how this works and thought that CB might be an excellent resource to ask these questions.

I am knew to CB and honestly a little afraid to post because unlike other forums I belong to I have noticed that this one can be a little hostile at times...
    08-13-09 09:07 AM
    you dont have to tell everyone to call your gv number only certain ones (maybe new contacs) as you still keep your old number (1 phone 2 numbers) also with the call screening feature its great for
    blocking anyone that you no longer wish to speak to so your primary number no longer has to be told (secure) and with your gv number use at will, there may be someone that can help explain a little better for you hope this was not confusing.
    also to help you with gv take a look at google voice app(free) for blackberry, also gvdialer($10 but worth it) to help with dialing and sms's with your new gv number on your phone
    08-13-09 09:26 AM
    Only give the gv number to whoever you dont want to give your actual cell phone number to. When they call you, you have the option to 1, take the call, 2 send it to voicemail or 3, listen in while they leave a voicemail. The only thing that kinda sucks is that you can only set the caller id to either show who's calling you or show the gv number. It would be nice to know who's calling the gv number along with their caller id number. For example, i'm using my gv number for my business. However, if they call me using the gv number, I wouldn't know they used that number if I have gv set to caller id. If I have it set to show the gv number if someone calls my gv number, their caller id doesn't come up. Confusing? Sorry.
    08-13-09 09:37 AM
    In your GV settings you should have your GV calls set to go to your phone. That way, when people call your GV number it goes right to your cell.

As duck383 said, there's no need to tell everyone to change your number to your GV number. Just hand out the GV# for new people. I give my GV# out to people who I don't know too well but need to get in contact with me.

There is a free app available which helps a lot when you're trying to send an SMS via your GV# and also lets you read your voicemails. I haven't tried the paid app so I can't speak on that.
    08-13-09 09:41 AM
    are you calling your GV# from your crackberry? if so that may be why they are going to voicemail. also when you say it goes to voicemail, WHICH voicemail? the google voicemail or your phones?

i am very familiar with the app and can walk you thru just about anything you want to know about it. you can customize this app to death!

i have not tried any crackberry apps so cant comment on those either btu i can help set you up thru the webpage...
    08-13-09 10:47 AM
    are you calling your GV# from your crackberry? if so that may be why they are going to voicemail. also when you say it goes to voicemail, WHICH voicemail? the google voicemail or your phones?

i am very familiar with the app and can walk you thru just about anything you want to know about it. you can customize this app to death!

i have not tried any crackberry apps so cant comment on those either btu i can help set you up thru the webpage...
    What is the easiest way to CALL FROM the GV App? Every time I try to call from contacts, it dials from my BB. I am very familiar with GV, just not the app.

Also, what do you mean about customizing to death? Do you mean GV or GV App? Cause the APP looks pretty slim.
    08-13-09 10:55 AM
    What is the easiest way to CALL FROM the GV App? Every time I try to call from contacts, it dials from my BB. I am very familiar with GV, just not the app.

Also, what do you mean about customizing to death? Do you mean GV or GV App? Cause the APP looks pretty slim.
    I do know that when you're signed in to the GV App there should be an option to call from your GV number. Scroll through your phonebook and highlight a contact, press the BB (menu) button, select Call from GoogleVoice and that should call the person and display your GV#.
    08-13-09 11:00 AM
    there can be BIG advantages to giving EVERYONE your gv number. see the other threads about why.
    08-13-09 11:06 AM
    The google voice app is out there for Blackberry and works great. Again this is another reason why Blackberries are better than iphones, but I won't get into that debate.

You don't really have to give it out to everyone. Give it to businesses, places where you might have to sign up for something, new people you run into that you don't know well, people that ask you for your new number but hesitant to give them your real number.

The other day, I was searching for a landscaper and I was calling with my google voice number. I called a few, some answered, some didn't. Well long story short. The first one that I called was not home. By the time he called back, I didn't pick up because I found another landscaper. I had been away from my phone for a few hours and saw that he tried to call me every 30 mins. Google Voice has a nice feature, called "BLOCK".

That's exactly what I did, and even then, the next day he kept trying to call. I guess Google Voice logs everything.

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this question. Is there an app for Google Voice?

Also, in using GV I am a bit confused. There web site help is not very clear but do I have to tell everyone to call a new number (my GV number)? When I "test call it" the call goes to my voice mail so I am very unsure how this works and thought that CB might be an excellent resource to ask these questions.

I am knew to CB and honestly a little afraid to post because unlike other forums I belong to I have noticed that this one can be a little hostile at times...
    08-13-09 11:09 AM
    to make a call on the mobile, just call your GV number.. you then get into your account and press 2 then place the call. i think the app for crackberry will ease this somewhat.

as for customizing, you can set up individual people to ring certain phones in addition to just certain groups ringing. i have 2 mobile phones and a landline (comcast) and that works nicely....
    08-13-09 11:13 AM
    to make a call on the mobile, just call your GV number.. you then get into your account and press 2 then place the call. i think the app for crackberry will ease this somewhat.

as for customizing, you can set up individual people to ring certain phones in addition to just certain groups ringing. i have 2 mobile phones and a landline (comcast) and that works nicely....
    Oh okay I know how powerfull GV is, I thought you meant the App on the BB.
    08-13-09 11:29 AM
    ooh no, apologies.

i just downloaded the app for the crackberry and its pretty easy peasy. less hoops to jump thru when making a call.

thats the thing about crackberries.. they get some of the best apps FIRST. im a PPC guy and have been for 9 years and this year is my first year getting into crack. i must say it is indeed a powerful platform and yes blows the iphony away... apps such as this only proves that point...
    08-13-09 11:36 AM
    Quick question.. I just got the GV and isntalled the GV App for the CB yesterday... I heard something about being able to make and receive free calls with the GV. Is that possible? has anybody else heard about this? any info is appreaciated.. Thanks
    08-13-09 06:01 PM
    With GV dialer "the app"..you can set it up that when you call from your BB, it will give you a choice of "Calling Direct" which means you are calling from your personal cell number or it will give you a choice of making the call via your Google phone number. The third choice is when you dial it will do nothing just make the call like the app was not there. In the set up menu you can also set it to be used just calling internationally , domestic calls or on every call. In the intial set up you have your Google pin preset and when the call is executed it has the# 2 set up to complete your access It's a great app for the money. I would personally like to see them give an option on numbers that you have used already not be requested to dial directly or using your voice number.

The free Google dialer is much simpler also works great, but you must access the program first each time you make a call.

Hope this helps a little.

Regards

Dregs
    08-13-09 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD